Millionaires, golden beaches, and retro neon lighting, yup, you guessed it! Your next holiday is going to be spent laying out on the soft sands of Miami!
From delicious Cuban cuisine to some American classics, you are going to be eating your way through South Beach in no time! With all the glamour and ritz, it won’t be long until you are riding down Ocean Drive with the top down!
There are a million reasons to travel to Miami Beach, but the difficulty of finding a proper hostel is sure to turn off some backpackers from coming here. With high prices and lack of choices, is Miami Beach really a budget traveler’s destination?
We made finding a hostel in Miami Beach easy! Worry less about your backpacker’s hostel and focus more on your surfing skill. We have a complete list of the best places to stay in Miami Beach!
Brush up on your dance moves and get ready to boogie, your Miami Beach holiday is just a few clicks away!
Table of Contents
Quick answer: The Best Hostels in Miami Beach
- Best Overall Hostel in Miami Beach – Generator Miami
- Best Party Hostel in Miami Beach – Beds & Drinks
- Best Hostel for Solo Travellers in Miami Beach – Miami Beach International Hostel
- Best Cheap Hostel in Miami Beach – Miami Beach Bikini Hostel
- Best Hostel for Couples in Miami Beach – Freehand Miami
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Miami Beach – Miami Hostel
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Miami Beach – Whitelaw Hotel
Best Hostels in Miami Beach
Best Overall Hostel in Miami Beach – Generator Miami
- Swimming Pool
Who said you have to be confined to a smelly dirty backpackers hostel to travel in America? Generator Miami will hook up backpackers with cheap dorm beds and a resort-style experience! And we are not just talking a bar serving some of the best drinks in Miami, but you will also have an inviting pool and even a nightclub attached to the hostel!
Looking to go out and explore some of Miami Beach? Generator Hostel has you covered with free (that’s right, free) bikes! The party is just as great inside the hostel as it is at any bar at Generator Miami!
Best Party Hostel in Miami Beach – Beds & Drinks
- Beer Pong
- Club Packages
We all know that the parties in Miami Beach are legendary. For those looking to get down and party 80s style, there is no better place to start than at Beds & Drinks.
Now that you got the beds and the drinks checked off your to-do list, let’s take a look at what will really make your jaw drop at this party hostel. You will have a 5-hour long happy hour, beer pong, art deco lounges, hot dog parties, and even club packages taking you to the hottest spots in Miami!
Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Miami Beach – Miami Beach International Hostel
- Free Dinner & Breakfast
- Bar (Happy Hour)
After a while on the road, why don’t you check yourself into one of the most social hostels in Miami Beach? If you are looking to meet fellow travelers and truly embrace the nightlife of Miami, then you have come to the right place!
It’s not the two lounges at Miami Beach International Hostel that will have you sold on this backpackers hostel, but the bar will have you packing your bags in no time! With keg nights, happy hour specials, and bar games, the great start to every party starts here!
Oh we, almost forgot, you get free (as in zero dollars) breakfast and dinner! Save money, eat well, and dance your way through Miami Beach!
Best Cheap Hostel in Miami Beach – Miami Beach Bikini Hostel
- Free Breakfast & Dinner
Don’t lie, we know we already got your attention with the words “bikini hostel”, but this is just only one of the many things that will have you extending your stay at this backpackers hostel night after night!
Soak yourself in the jacuzzi and party like you never have before! Bikini Hostel is all about relaxing and having the time of your life! With yoga classes, an outdoor terrace, and everything you need for the beach for free, you will hardly need to pack anything for Miami at all!
Did we not mention the party yet? You will not only get VIP access to some of the hottest clubs in Miami, but the party starts every night at Bikini Hostel! With happy hour specials and pub crawls, you are sure to never have a dull moment at Bikini Hostel!
Best Hostel for Couples in Miami Beach – Freehand Miami
- Swimming Pool
- Cocktail Bar
You and your special squeeze looking for a place to cozy up for the next couple of days? Freehand Miami is a hands-down beautiful backpackers hostel, with designer decor which is perfect for your romantic getaway in Miami!
It’s not just the atmosphere and the stylish lounges which will have you falling in love with Freehand Youth Hostel, but you will also have the chance to take a dip into their pool and grab a few drinks at their very own cocktail bar!
With a free breakfast and a dinner under the stars at Freehand Hostel’s restaurant, this is the place where you will be dreaming of coming back to for years to come!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Miami Beach – Miami Hostel
- Computer Area
- Outdoor Lounge
- Nachos Nights!
Needing a place to crash and call home for a few days while you are working on that new blog post or editing the latest video? Miami Hostel will put you up in style with not only cheap beds but its own dedicated computer area, lounges, and even an outdoor terrace!
After you get everything uploaded and close that laptop, that is when the real fun begins! With nightly events ranging from nachos to movie nights, this is the place to get out and mix with other backpackers!
Best Hostel with a Private Room in Miami Beach – Whitelaw Hotel
- Happy Hour
- Central Location
Let’s get you out of those backpackers hostels for a few days and check you into this gorgeous hotel in the heart of Miami Beach! Just because you are checking into a hotel, doesn’t mean you have to be breaking the bank. At the Whitelaw Hotel, you get a private room which beats the prices of all those other backpackers hostels!
At the Whitelaw Hotel, you get so much more than a comfortable budget stay, but you also will have access to the hotels own bar with happy hour specials! Did we mention you are in the heart of Miami Beach? All the best sights and clubs are just a stone’s throw away!
More Best Hostels in Miami Beach
- Swimming Pool
Let’s not just have you staying near the colorful, photogenic art deco district, let’s have you staying inside of it! That’s right, The Tropics Hostel’s pink pastel exterior blends right in with the famous art deco district, meaning every night you will be basking in the neon lights of Miami!
Put on your swim trunks or bikini, The Tropics also has its very own Olympic sized swimming pool! With a great location and a hostel where you can just kick it and relax, The Tropics is going to have you never wanting to leave Miami Beach! After a little pre-gamming, you’ll be ready to go out in seach of the best bars in Miami…
You are going to be wanting to rock and roll all night and partying every day at the Rock Hostel! Putting you in the heart of Miami Beach, the staff at the Rock Hostel are your guides to having the best time imaginable night or day! Definitely add this to your Miami itinerary.
With a party bus taking you to all the best bars and clubs in town, and even VIP access, you will be truly walking in on red carpet while out club hopping! Did we mention they also have a bar on-site? You don’t have to go too far looking for a drink, the party starts and ends at the Rock Hostel! To cure your hangover, check out this article on the best Cuban food in Miami. Drool.
- Club Nights
From Miami’s raging parties at the night clubs to just hanging out at the hostel, SoBe Hostel & Bar will be with you every step of the way!
After a day of lounging around on the beach nearby, the party really starts when the sun goes down! With club nights and cheap drinks, you are sure to have the night of your life regardless if you take a night out on the town or just hang out at SoBe Hostel!
Top it all off with tours taking you all over Florida and the best staff you could imagine, staying at SoBe is a no brainer!
What to Pack for your Miami Beach Hostel
We don’t often travel without these essentials.
1. Padlock: Keep your stuff safe, guys. Unfortunately not all dorm lockers share the same security standard. You’ll want a lightweight lock that can fit all the various dorm lockers you’ll clip it to. Having a padlock that is flexible and can fit a variety of locker styles is the best way to make sure none of your belongings wander away while you are out.
2. Power Bank: Everyone knows the mini heart attack when your phone is about to run out of power. Surviving long bus rides without charging stations can be agonizing, which is why every backpacker should have this Anker Power Bank. You can charge your phone up to 5 times, or plug in two devices simultaneously. With high-speed charging and enough power to keep you going for days, you can conquer even the biggest adventures without a problem.
3. Active Roots Water Bottle: Hostels are increasingly meeting backpackers’ demands for potable (drinkable) water. Now is better than ever to start traveling with a reusable water bottle! Aside from cutting down single-use plastic, The Active Roots stainless steel water bottle will also keep your favorite beverage hot or cold all day long and it’s sized perfectly to fit an entire bottle of wine. ‘Nuff said.
4. Headphone Splitter: You’re the one with the Netflix account and your friend wants to watch too? But you don’t want to share headphones? And you’re good people who wouldn’t disturb your dorm mates? That’s not going to be a problem with this Headphone Splitter! Plug in two pairs of headphones at the same time, so both of you are able to listen to music or watch shows simultaneously. It comes in handy and won’t weigh you down.
5. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Having your own towel on your travels is a game changer. The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is perfect for travellers who are looking for a lightweight, quick-drying and extremely soft option. The antibacterial material is super water-absorbent and resists odor buildup because of its antimicrobial material. Ain’t technology cool?
6. Universal Travel Adapter: Not every country has the same electrical plug style, so carry along a universal travel adapter. You’ll want one that covers varying voltage levels, has protection from power surges, a fried laptop is not fun, and enough ports so you don’t have to spend all day individually charging your devices.
Get your beach volleyball ready and prepare yourself for a fun-filled vacation in the sun! From the post-card perfect beaches of Miami to the neon-lit party district of Art Deco, you are going to have days (and nights) full of relaxation, dancing, and drinks!
With each of these hostels offering something different, many of you may still be undecided on where to stay in Miami Beach.
In Miami, Generator Miami is one hostel that checks all the boxes and that is why it is our pick for the best hostel in town!
No matter if you are going to be tearing up the dancefloor or just lounging under an umbrella, all the fun starts in Miami Beach!
P.S – If you didn’t quite find what you’re looking for, there are also some great Miami Airbnbs to live it up in!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
Do you own or run a kick ass hostel? Want to be featured in this list? Get in touch at [email protected]
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse crap. Your support helps me keep the site going.
Need More Inspiration?
- Backpacking USA Travel Guide
- 23 AWESOME Things To Do In Miami
- Miami Travel Guide
- 15 Best Hostels in Miami
Noodle addict. City dweller. Aaron Radcliffe is the marketing ninja for The Broke Backpacker, founder of Nomads Nation and Co-Founder of Ditch Your Desk.