Pisac has more than 101 different reasons to fall in love with the city! Is it the colonial streets or new-age spiritual movements that will have you spending most of your Peruvian adventure exploring the fortresses and hiking through the breathtaking nearby mountains? No matter what the reason is, Pisac is sure to be that one place in Peru that will have you already planning your next trip even before you leave!
Although Pisac checks all the boxes on things to make backpackers flock to the city, you won’t find an abundance of hostels. With only a few dorm rooms available, you will have to fight tooth and nail to find a spot.
You can rest easy! We brought together all the best backpackers hostels in Pisac together to one place so you can book with confidence that you are staying in a hostel that suits how you like to travel!
You can almost smell the spices from here! Your Peruvian adventure is just a few clicks away!
Quick answer: The best hostels in Pisac
- Overall Best Hostel in Pisac – El Parche Rutero Hostel
- Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Pisac – Wolf Totem Guesthouse
- Best Cheap Hostel in Pisac – Hospedaje Inti
- Best Hostel for Couples in Pisac – Hatha Art Yoga Pisac
- Best Party Hostel in Pisac – Intihuatana Hostel & Backpackers
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Pisac – L’incontro B&B
The Best Hostels in Pisac
Pisac has many backpackers hostels and budget guesthouses to choose from! With each one a little different from the last, you are bound to find that perfect stay to fit for your backpacking Peru adventure!
If you’re planning on traveling further, don’t worry, there are many great hostels all over Peru. You’ll always find the right place to rest your head.
Best Overall Hostel in Pisac – El Parche Rutero Hostel
- Breakfast Not Included
- Shared Kitchen
El Parche Rutero Hostel is that one backpackers haven that puts the rest to shame. For those travelers looking for a chill place to relax, lounge about on lazy days, and kick back and chat with other backpackers, this stay is that social hostel you have been searching for! With its outdoor terrace, lounges, and even a shared kitchen, you will have everything you need to feel right at home in Pisac! What really makes this one of the top hostels in Pisac is the hippie hipster decor which makes for the perfect way to kick off your spiritual retreat in Peru!
Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Pisac – Wolf Totem Guesthouse
Wolf Totem Guesthouse is a youth hostel geared towards those seasoned well-traveled backpackers. You will not only get some of the cheapest dorm beds in Pisac at this guesthouse, but that will also make you fall in love with the cozy lounges, hot sauna, and even a cafe perfect for grabbing a bite while chilling at the hostel. What really tops things off is the fact that this trendy backpackers hostel overlooks some ancient Incan ruins! With the city just a short 15 minute walk away, Wolf Totem Guesthouse is one of the best hostels in Pisac to base yourself out of!
Psst! Heading to a hostel? Don’t forget to pack a padlock! It’s well worth having one so you can secure your locker and protect your stuff!
Best Cheap Hostel in Pisac – Hospedaje Inti
- Free Breakfast
- Tours Available
Why pay to stay in a dorm room with 10 other travelers when you can get a private room for the same price? Hospedaje Inti is a guesthouse that will hook you up with some of the cheapest beds in Pisac while still maintaining that social backpacker’s atmosphere that we all want while traveling on the road! Other than the terrace where you are bound to be spending most of your time, this guesthouse also offers tours to help get your adventure started off right! Top it off with a delicious free breakfast every morning, Hospedaje Inti will be that one guesthouse you will never want to leave!
Best Hostel for Couples in Pisac – Hatha Art Yoga Pisac
- Free Breakfast
Looking for a cozy place to cuddle up with your partner while on the road? In Pisac, there is no better place to turn on the romance than the Hatha Art Yoga Pisac. This Peruvian paradise will have you staying in sunny stylish rooms for just around the same price as a dorm room. When you aren’t snuggling in bed, this guesthouse will give you are a truly unique experience with their twice a day yoga classes! With their free breakfast, lounges, and a garden, this is one stay in Pisac you will be dreaming of returning to before you even check out!
Best Party Hostel in Pisac – Intihuatana Hostel & Backpackers
- Breakfast Not Included
Intihuatana Hostel & Backpackers is not a hostel where you will be throwing that party like the last days of Rome, but what you will find is a chill vibe perfect for cracking open a few beers and lounging about on the terrace! This laid back hostel checks all the boxes to be an ideal backpackers hostel. With its lounges, cheap beds, and great food, you will have everything you need to feel right at home in Pisac. Putting you just minutes away from the Incan ruins and downtown Pisac, there is no better place to kick off your holiday in Pisac!
Single-use plastic bottles are a huge threat to Marine Life – Be a part of the solution and travel with a filter water bottle.
The GRAYL GEOPRESS water bottle is the ONLY all-in-one filter water bottle setup you’ll need. Whether you need to purify the water from a hostel sink in Kathmandu or a stream trickle in the Andes, the Geopress has got you covered.
Read our full review of the GRAYL GEOPRESS!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Pisac – L’incontro B&B
- Free Breakfast
For just a few Peruvian Soles more, you can upgrade from your dorm bed to this spacious and homey BnB! L’incontro B&B Will make you fall head over heels in love the second you put your bags down. The lush garden, inviting lounges, and warm rooms make this one guesthouse you will never want to check out of. You will have more than one reason to be jumping out of bed in the morning, but it will be probably to head to the kitchen to grab your plate of the guesthouse’s delicious free breakfast! With a location near all the best sight in Pisac, you couldn’t ask for a better place to call home in Pisac!
More of the Best Hostels in Pisac
- Shared Kitchen
- Airport Shuttle
If you are looking for a Peruvian experience unlike any other, this guesthouse will have you staying in idyllic traditional houses with stunning views of the Peruvian countryside and mountains! From your very own terrace, you will wake up every morning to see the sun creeping up behind the breathtaking scenery from your guesthouse! With its very own shared kitchen and lounges, you will get all the laidback vibes of a backpackers hostel, but the comfort of a budget hotel! With its cheap rooms, gorgeous views, and a relaxing atmosphere, you will find no better place to call home than Bindu Guest House!
What to Pack for your Pisac Hostel
Pants, socks, underwear… Here are some other items you might not have thought to pack.
1. Active Roots Water Bottle: Hostels are increasingly meeting backpackers’ demands for potable (drinkable) water. Now is better than ever to start traveling with a reusable water bottle! Aside from cutting down single-use plastic, The Active Roots stainless steel water bottle will also keep your favorite beverage hot or cold all day long and it’s sized perfectly to fit an entire bottle of wine. ‘Nuff said.
2. Power Bank: Everyone knows the mini heart attack when your phone is about to run out of power. Surviving long bus rides without charging stations can be agonizing, which is why every backpacker should have this Anker Power Bank. You can charge your phone up to 5 times, or plug in two devices simultaneously. With high-speed charging and enough power to keep you going for days, you can conquer even the biggest adventures without a problem.
3. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Quick-drying, lightweight, super soft and compact – the Active Roots Microfiber Towel is essential for every backpacker. No need to use the scabby towels your hostel may or may not provide! Use it for drying off, as a yoga towel or even as a picnic blanket – the options don’t stop here. Made of antibacterial material, you don’t have to worry about your towel starting to smell unpleasant either after lots of use.
4. Headphone Splitter: Being stuck on a bus or plane with only one phone that has good music or shows downloaded can be pretty annoying if your travel buddy wants to share headphones. With this Headphone Splitter, you won’t have to listen with only one ear anymore. Your friend can plug in their headphones at the same time, so both of you are entertained (on both ears!).
5. Universal Travel Adapter: This universal travel adapter charges your devices in (pretty much) every country – definitely a lifesaver when travelling around the world. The plug also regulates the power output depending on which device you’re charging. No more fried hair dryers or electric razors!
6. Playing Cards: These waterproof cards are essential kit for every backpacker. Play by the pool, beach or at your hostel after a long day with travel buds, without your cards breaking or getting soaked. And once you pull out those cards, the chance that you’ll be the hero of the night is pretty high (no promises though).
Why you should travel to Pisac
The backpacker’s hostels that you will find in Pisac are sure to be the highlight of your trip! If you are still unsure about which hostel to kick off your adventure, we can give you some extra pointers. El Parche Rutero Hostel,is the one hostel that checks all the boxes and is our pick for the best backpacker’s hostel in Pisac!
Over to you
You Pisac adventure full of hiking misty mountains, trekking through dense jungles, and strolling down colonial streets is just around the corner! With mouth water Peruvian cuisine and culture which you can immerse yourself in by just stepping out of your door, there is no better place to experience Peru than from this quaint historic town!
Although you may not have a ton of backpackers hostels to choose from, the ones available will show you the time of your life. With dorm rooms and BnBs, you will feel right at home in Pisac!
Have you ever traveled to Pisac and come across any great backpackers hostels we may have missed? Let us know in the comments below!
And don’t forget Travel Insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of Travel Insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads, our favorite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Do you own or run a kick ass hostel? Want to be featured in this list? Get in touch at [email protected]
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.