Microfibre travel towels! Boom, Bam! game changer alert…
One of the most useful things you can pack for any round the world travelling adventure, camping trip, backpacking gig or romantic moonlight rendezvous is a quick drying microfibre travel towel!
Microfibre towels dry super fast, pack up super small and are super tough. Basically, they are super all round. Microfibre towels are superior to normal towels in approximately five thousand ways, let me summarise the top five points…
5 Reasons You Should Pack a Microfibre Travel Towel when Backpacking
1. They are LIGHT!
2. They fold up SMALL!
3. They DON’T STINK!
4. They can transform into an EMERGENCY BLANKET!
5. They DRY SUPER FAST!
What is a Microfiber Travel Towel and why should I take one Backpacking?
Microfiber towels are specifically designed for the space conscious traveller and are constructed from soft, woven microfiber material. Microfiber is a synthetic fiber that is made up of polyesters, polyamides, or blends. These are the perfect materials to produce an odourless, anti-bacterial, fast drying mega towel…
Having a sweat rag on you is always handy…
OK, OK, I get it – sweat rag doesn’t sound very sexy – but if you’re on the road a lot it really does help to have something you can sit on, lie under, dry yourself with, use as a makeshift pillow and use as a barrier between you and less than clean surfaces.
Microfibre towels are perfect for backpackers because they are designed to get wet, dirty and scrunched up and to spring back like a world class boxer. A proper microfibre travel towel can take pretty much anything you throw at it and best of all, they pack down small so won’t take up much space in your pack. Best of all, microfibre travel towels dry very quickly so you don’t need to worry about carrying around a wet, smelly towel.
I strongly recommend splashing out on an XL microfibre towel; it will still fold up super small and the added size is well worth the weight.
Microfibre travel towels make for exciting stuff right? Well, it’s about to get a whole lot more exciting, allow me to introduce you to the best microfibre travel towel for backpackers around, designed for backpackers by backpackers…
These are the best value microfibre towels around and come in three sizes – medium, extra large or the combination set. The XL towel is very lightweight, packs down small and is big enough to provide proper comfort without you being worried you’re going to flash somebody on account of your travel towel being too small! The combo pack comes with an XL towel and a smaller face towel, a great addition to a toiletry kit.
All Active Roots towels come up with snap loops for drying and mesh carrying bags included. Active Roots offer a 100% lifetime guarantee so if you’re not happy with the product, you can simply send it back. Best of all, Active Roots support noble causes and by purchasing this towel, you’ll be helping to support the Elephant Conservation Centre in Laos.
- Absorbent and Quick-Drying: Made of 100% microfiber material.
- Mesh carrying bag included
- Compact and Lightweight: Folds up into an incredibly small and portable mesh bag. Weighs just a few ounces.
- Snap hanging loop included – hang your towel up to dry with ease.
- Multi-Use: You can use this quick-dry towel for multiple purposes. It’s the perfect camping blanket, backpacking towel, yoga mat, make-shift pillow, beach towel, gym towel, pool towel…. the list goes on.
- Comes in three different sizes: We recommend the XL size for maximum comfort.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee: Not happy with your microfiber towel? Trip cancelled? Going to use the disgusting hostel towels instead? No worries! If for any reason you don’t want your towel, just send it back and you will get a full refund.
- Support a Great Cause: A portion of each microfiber towel sale is donated to the Elephant Conservation Center in Laos, who is dedicated to protecting and rehabilitating the endangered Asian elephant population. Save an elephant, buy a towel.
What is Active Roots and why should I care?
Over a year ago, I started to work on a top secret project with fellow backpacking veteran and all-round awesome dude, DJ, a friend of mine and a fellow gear-nerd. Together, we founded a new adventure gear company, Active Roots.
We have a grand vision for the future and intend on shaking up the world of awesome lightweight adventure gear but we’ve started with a simple line of products so that we can learn the ins and outs of the gear design business before we explode onto the scene with a gadget which I guarantee will change the way you travel.
A portion of all Active Roots profits go to supporting the Elephant Conservation Centre in Laos.
If you’re a long-term follower of The Broke Backpacker and have found my stories, guides and articles useful now is your chance to support the site by checking out the Active Roots Store.
Like this Post?! PIN ME!!