If you’re in need of some #TravelGram captions to accompany your latest trip pics, check out our list below of great travel captions for Instagram. We’ve included ideas for every stage in your journey – from longing to planning to flying and returning home.
If you’re off on your adventures, bookmark this page to help you spend less time thinking of what to write and more time actually enjoying your time.
Don’t waste any of your precious vacation trying to think of a clever travel caption for Instagram. Consult our list and bingo! You’re all set.
Unlock Our GREATEST Travel Secrets!
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best travel tips delivered right to your inbox.
1. I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
The need to travel is an incurable state. The only way to ease the symptoms is to go somewhere new.
2. Living my best life – one plane ticket at a time.
3. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
4. I googled my symptoms. Turns out I just needed to go on a vacay.
5. Serendipity (n.) – the natural ability of making desirable discoveries by accident.
Surely this is what we’re all craving when we head off to explore new destinations. It’s that possibility of what we may find, exciting adventures, and happy accidents.
6. No point in unpacking.. I’m ready to hit the road again!
7. You don’t need magic to disappear; all you need is a destination.
8. I’m all about the palm trees and 80 degrees.
9. BRB – going to soak up some vitamin sea.
10. PSA: Update your address book—I live here now.
Use this travel caption for Instagram pictures of you in a fabulous location. Let everyone know that you’ve found your paradise and won’t be coming back (we’ll all pretend it’s true).
11. Tropic like it’s hot.
12. Vacation vibes.
13. Coddiwomple (v.) – to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination.
Having an ultimate destination is really optional. Sometimes all you need is to be on the way to somewhere, anywhere. That’s where the soul of a true traveler thrives.
14. Take only memories, leave only footprints.
With the spotlight on climate change and the impact of humans on the natural environment, this is one travel caption for Instagram that can’t be seen too many times. Go, see, leave no trace.
15. I’ve found my happy place.
16. Reality called, so I hung up.
17. Beach, please.
18. I have a whole world in my camera roll.
This is the goal! Get out there and experience as much as you can, and take pictures so you can never forget it. For those epic photo dump posts summing up all your incredible experiences, use this travel caption for Instagram.
19. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” — Anaïs Nin.
20. Keep calm and travel on.
21. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Let’s support this with another quote – ‘Ships are safe in harbors, but that’s not what ships are made for.’ Dare to push your own boundaries, and you’ll be rewarded with incredible, unforgettable experiences.
22. If it requires a bikini, my answer is yes.
23. Up in the clouds, on my way to unknown things.
If you’re traveling, you need to take at least one picture of the view from the airplane window. Preferably one with impossibly fluffy clouds over the ocean or mountains. The more epic the scenery, the better. Put it together with this travel caption for Instagram, and watch those likes roll in!
24. Will travel for food (and a good sunset).
25. Salt in the air. Sand in my hair.
26. Life is a journey – enjoy the flight.
27. Wanderlust (n.) – a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.
If you’re reading these travel captions for Instagram, the chances are that we have this in common. The burning need to be out there, seeing new places.
28. A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.
29. Making the best memories along the way.
30. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
Ultimately, what you gain through travel is more valuable than any lesson or job. These are things you can’t learn anywhere else, and are worth so much more than money. Journey with an open heart, and the world’s treasures are yours.
31. Sea you soon.
32. On the road again.
33. Stung by the travel bug. There’s no way back.
34. Sky above, sand below, peace within.
Oh, to be at the place where the land meets the ocean. There’s something magical about being at the beach. Maybe it’s the vastness of the waters in front of you, or how the sky seems higher and broader than you ever remember seeing it.
35. Don’t worry. Beach happy.
36. Find a beautiful place and get lost.
37. Not all classrooms have four walls.
38. Sunshine and good feelings.
39. Time flies.. until you’re counting down the days to your next vacay.
These are, without a doubt, the longest days you’ll ever know.
40. I don’t know the question, but travel is the answer.
41. Vacation state of mind.
42. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
43. I want someone to look at me like I look at Google Flights.
Such longing. Such desire. It’s a love story that never ends. If you find that person, never let them go. Take them with you!
44. One life. One world. Explore it.
45. Slice of life.
46. The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
47. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
We love this travel caption; perfect for Instagram. A life well-traveled is a life well-lived.
48. The world is waiting.
49. Happiness is.. a well-deserved vacation.
50. Work, Travel, Save, Repeat.
51. Collect moments, not things.
Things are nice, they’re pretty to look at and they can make your life easier – but at the end of your days, it’ll be memories that warm your heart. Keep this travel caption for Instagram on hand for those incredible snaps of epic moments.
52. Travel more, worry less.
53. Wander often, wonder always.
54. Happiness is landing in a new country.
55. High tides and good vibes.
56. Life is not meant to be lived in one place.
57. Already dreaming of my next vacation.
Literally, from the moment the plane lands back home. It’s what keeps us going. We plan, we depart, we return. The period in between trips is just a necessary formality.
58. Always take the scenic route.
59. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
We’ve tested countless backpacks over the years, but there’s one that has always been the best and remains the best buy for adventurers: the broke backpacker-approved Osprey Aether and Ariel series.
Want more deetz on why these packs are so damn perfect? Then read our comprehensive review for the inside scoop!View on Osprey View on REI
60. Come, get lost with me.
61. I’m in a complicated relationship with my suitcase.
Packing is so much fun. You know an adventure is near. Unpacking is the death of your vacation, the final element of your trip (if you don’t count the mountain of laundry). It’s a love/hate relationship.
62. All you need is love and a passport.
63. Nothing lasts forever – except the day before you start your vacation.
Longest. Day. Ever. But somehow, it’s still not long enough to get all your packing done. How weird is that?!
64. Tired feet, happy heart.
65. Views on views.
66. Got wonderfully lost.
That serendipitous moment when getting lost takes you somewhere even more incredible than you could ever have imagined. As a traveler, the difference between an inconvenience and an adventure is all about attitude.
67. Top of the world!
68. I do believe it’s time for another adventure.
69. Yugen (n.) [Japanese] – a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe that triggers a deep emotional response.
You’ll definitely experience this when you’re traveling. Somehow seeing places that you’ve only ever dreamed of, or taking in majestic views of immense natural beauty, stirs within us something almost mystical. This feeling, and the pursuit of this feeling, is what keep us all traveling.
70. Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes.
71. Journey. Explore. Discover. Repeat.
72. This heart of mine was made to travel this world.
73. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.
Right?!? And since we aren’t rooted in place, we should make the most of our unfettered feet and get out there. If you don’t like where you are – move. You are not a tree.
74. Little moments. Big memories.
Sometimes, the things that touch our hearts are the simple ones. The small moments can sometimes have such a significant impact on us. Smells and sounds can last in our memory long after the moments have passed. A smile, a laugh, a gesture – these burn into our memory.
75. Tans and jetlag fade, but memories last forever.
76. Don’t be a tourist, be a traveler.
77. Don’t listen to what they say, go and see it for yourself.
Yes! No brochure or documentary will ever come close to seeing places for yourself. Unless you’re immersed in a destination – the smells, the sounds, the flavors – you can’t know fully what it’s all about. You can’t travel by proxy.
78. Time to explore!
79. The only trip you will regret is the one you didn’t take.
80. Better than my wildest dreams.
This is one travel caption for Instagram that will inspire your followers to get out there and see the world with their own eyes. It’s never the same second-hand.
81. Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
82. Travel hair, don’t care.
This caption is for that fresh-off-a-long-haul-flight selfie. You could even use it to share helmet hair after your scooter tour, or a windswept look on a mountainside.
83. Nothing lifts my spirits like the wings of a plane.
84. Don’t let your dreams stay dreams.
85. People who travel live life best.
86. Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.
A life well-lived is one in which you’ve pursued your curiosity and chased your dreams. If you do it well, you’ll have loads of great tales to share and memories aplenty. If your life flashes before your eyes when you die, make sure it’s an epic show.
87. Great things never came from comfort zones.
88. Say yes to new adventures.
89. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss
90. Finding paradise wherever I go.
91. We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.
92. I want to make memories all over the world.
Our GREATEST Travel Secrets…
Pop your email here & get the original Broke Backpacker Bible for FREE.
93. Don’t come find me.
This travel caption for Instagram is perfect for those moments when you find yourself somewhere truly epic, and are seriously considering canceling your flight home.
94. There are seven days in a week, and someday is none of them.
Someday is a dream. Make your dreams a reality by putting a timeframe to them. Work towards it every single day.
95 .“A camera teaches you how to see without a camera.” – Dorothea Lange
96. Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
97. Fernweh feirn·veyh/ [noun] German – the feeling of being homesick for a place you’ve never been; a craving for travel.
Oh, we know this one all too well. We know that longing for places we’ve never seen and immersing ourselves in worlds we’ve never known. This is one of those great travel captions for Instagram when you’re between trips and starting to feel the familiar itch to travel again.
98. What is life but one grand adventure.
99. Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure.
Say yes to opportunity when it knocks. If you don’t leave yourself open to adventure, you’ll never have any. Just like you can’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket, you can’t have adventures if you always play it safe.
100. If you never go, you will never know.
101. It is okay to live a life that others do not understand.
Social media has made it possible to share your travel adventures with the world in real-time as it happens. But the pressure to come up with a snappy caption for every post can be a burden, especially when you’re out there, trying to be in the moment.
Thankfully, we’ve gathered some really nifty travel captions for Instagram to help save you time. We’ve got something to cover almost every possible situation, so you can spend less time searching for the words and more time capturing the moments.
Extraordinary experiences that left you speechless? Now you never have to let a loss for words stop you from posting those incredible travel snaps on Instagram.
And for transparency’s sake, please know that some of the links in our content are affiliate links. That means that if you book your accommodation, buy your gear, or sort your insurance through our link, we earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you). That said, we only link to the gear we trust and never recommend services we don’t believe are up to scratch. Again, thank you!