Barcelona, Spain is positively bursting with life! It’s a vibrant, throbbing, and pulsing city that drums to the heartbeat of all things that are Spanish. From dancing, to music, to food, football, to beaches, to great art – Barcelona has it all and more!
Barcelona is all about leaving your worries behind and living in the moment. And what better way to do that than staying in an Airbnb in Barcelona?! Get a real taste of local life and culture by staying in a short term rental in Barcelona instead of a standard hotel room or hostel room.
We have curated the best Airbnbs in Barcelona into one delicious list below. Sink your teeth into this rental list and find which Airbnb suits your palate.
Quick Answer: These are the Top 5 Airbnbs in Barcelona
Central Loft with Terrace
- > $$
- > 2 Guests
- > Beautiful Outdoor Terrace
- > Close to Metro
Sunny Room By The Beach
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Seaview from Windows
- > Access to small kitchen & living room
Your Romantic Beach Getaway
- > $$$
- > 2 Guests
- > AC & Washing Machine
- > Free Parking on Premises
Superior Beach Family Apt
- > $$$
- > 8 Guests
- > Crib & High Chair
- > Located Near Beach
Playa Sun Perfect Beach Apt
- > $$$$
- > 2 Guests
- > On the Beach Itself
- > Plentiful Street Parking
Why Stay in an Airbnb?
- Local Experience: Having a local as a host means you can find out all the best places to visit and things to do that are off the beaten tourist track. That doesn’t just go for Barcelona, but for all travel destinations in the Spain.
- Unique properties: Airbnb has every kind of property you could think of. There’s even a ‘unique stays’ search function, where you can find your dream property on the site.
- Affordability: Airbnbs offer a lot more value for money than equivalently priced hotels. And with big group stays, you can split the cost multiple ways!
- Safety: It might seem a little weird staying in someone’s house; however, both hosts and guests are vetted by Airbnb reviews to ensure the safety of both. Spain is overall safe, and the Airbnb booking security just adds a little extra to it.
- Airbnb Experiences: It’s not all about where to stay – check out what there is to do in the area with Airbnb Experiences!
You should always have emergency cash hidden on you – pick up this awesome security belt with its hidden pocket before you travel, it’s perfect for hiding money, a passport photocopy.
The 15 Top Airbnbs in Barcelona
Overall Best Value Airbnb in Barcelona | Central Loft with Terrace
- Beautiful Outdoor Terrace
- 2 Guests
- Close to Metro
Enjoy a glass of wine or a little snack on the beautiful outdoor terrace that is located in a fabulous residential area that has plentiful nearby shops, cafes, and bars. The nearest metro stop is also just a two minute walk from this Barcelona Airbnb’s doorstep! While it’s not in the tourist center, it provides a little more peace and quiet to visitors while keeping all the top hotspots right at your fingertips— all just a quick metro ride away!
Hands down, this is one of the best Airbnbs in Barcelona in terms of location, privacy, amenities, and value!
Best Budget Airbnb in Barcelona | Modern Private Room
- Private Balcony
- 2 Guests
- Invited to Use Common Areas
This budget-friendly private bedroom short term rental in Barcelona is perfect for those who are pinching pennies. Coming in at a basement price, you’ll be staying in comfort and convenience. In fact, there are a couple of restaurants and bars within a thirty second walk of the apartment actually. There is also a gym just a five minutes walk away. Your private bedroom has a balcony attached, and you’ll also have a desk and chair inside your room if you want to get a little work done.
The hosts here also welcome their guests to use the living area and the kitchen area as well, so you can treat this Barcelona Airbnb like home!
Budget Tip: Dorms in Barcelona start from $15USD per bed. They’re the cheapest accommodation in the city. Search for hostels in the area!
Perfect Short-Term Rental for Digital Nomads | Private Room Packed With Char
- Washer & Dryer
- 1 Guest
- Vintage Interior Design
This private room with a shared bathroom is a great Barcelona homestay option for digital nomads. Located in the Vila de Gràcia, you’ll love the atmosphere of this lively Barcelona neighborhood! In fact, from the shared balcony space, you’ll be looking out over the vibrant Gran de Gracia street and the Sant Doménec street! Also, guests are invited to use the kitchen and all the common areas. Inside your cozy room, you’ll have your own desk, chair, and reading lamp.
Perfect Airbnb for Solo Travelers | Nice & Cozy Studio Apartment
- Washing Machine
- 1 Guest
- Little Private Balcony
While small in size, this tiny 30 square meters apartment is perfect for the solo travelers out there. It is a private Barcelona apartment that is located on the first floor of a nice, historic building in the popular neighborhood of Poble Sec. While it’s not as chaotic as the city center of Barcelona, there is plenty to see and do around this short term rental.
In fact, it is just a street away from Paralelo Avenue, packed with great shops and restaurants. There is everything you could need in this small Barcelona Airbnb, from a washing machine to a fully equipped kitchen, to even a private little balcony!
Best Airbnb in Barcelona for Nightlife | Big & Beautiful Barceloneta Apt
- Sunbathing Terrace
- 6 Guests
- Steps from the Beach
Barcelona may feel like the city that never sleeps, and while there are incredible bars spread all across the city of Barcelona, the best party is usually happening close to the beach in Barceloneta! From the authentic feel of Bar Leo to the good vibes at Bonita Bar to great live music at Absenta Bar, the party doesn’t stop around these parts! This two bedroom and one bathroom Barcelona apartment puts you in the heart of the nightlife action.
The apartment comes with a total of three beds, which makes hosting six guests a breeze! The living room and the kitchen are fully equipped with everything you need. Also, there is even a small terrace that is perfect for sunbathing if you feel too lazy to walk the few steps to the beach itself!
Best Short Term Rental for Couples | Your Romantic Beach Getaway
- AC & Washing Machine
- 2 Guests
- Located Near Beach
This one bedroom Barcelona apartment with comes with a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. In fact, this darling Barcelona apartment sits super near Barceloneta Beach! The location simply cannot be beaten. Recently renovated in 2017, this ground floor apartment is tastefully designed in a way that inspires feelings of romance for sure!
The kitchen comes with all the necessities, from spices to tea to sugar. There is also a few nice extras like an ironing board and iron, hairdryer, and even some CDs to give a listen to. You’re sure to have a lovely stay at this Airbnb in Barcelona with your special someone!
Best Homestay in Barcelona | Sunny Room By The Beach
- Seaview from Windows
- 2 Guests
- Free Parking on Premises
Situated super closet to the fabulous Barceloneta Beach, this sunny private room in a Barcelona homestay is quite the find! You’ll love soaking up the sea view, right from your bedroom window. This apartment has been newly refurbished—with a new washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher. There is also a spacious living room and a nice kitchen that guests are invited to use.
All in all, this sunny room by Barceloneta Beach is one of the best Airbnbs in Barcelona for those looking to spend some quality time at the beach!
Runner-Up Homestay in Barcelona | Darling Private Room Near Beach
- Washer & Dryer
- 2 Guests
- Mere Minutes To The Beach
This private room in a Barcelona homestay is calling your name! It’s just a few blocks away from the beach, which promises fun times and plentiful sunshine! With quite nice amenities, from a washer and dryer, air conditioning, iron, and fully equipped kitchen that guests are allowed to use, you’re sure to have a great stay at this Barcelona homestay on Barceloneta Beach. Surrounded by tons of restaurants and shops, everything you need is just a hop, skip, and jump away!
Lastly, this apartment is situated close to the metro station as well, so getting around Barcelona couldn’t be easier.
Amazing Luxury Airbnb in Barcelona | Gorgeous Duplex w/ Beach Views
- Equipped w/ All Bells & Whistles
- 6 Guests
- Stay in Classy Olympic Village
This three bedroom and three bathroom apartment clocks in at 160 square meters. There is also a total of five beds, so hosting six or more guests is a piece of cake. To get a better picture, there are two floors inside this Barcelona Airbnb. The first floor of this Airbnb in Barcelona has two living rooms, the bedrooms, and a kitchen. On the top floor, there is a small terrace and another living room, all of which offers incredible beach and city views.
Specifically, this short term rental in Barcelona sits on the top floor in the Olympic Village. Stay in luxury and style in one of the best Airbnbs in Barcelona!
Over-the-Top Luxury Airbnb | Playa Sun Perfect Beach Apt
- On the Beach Itself
- 2 Guests
- Plentiful Street Parking
Looking for the most luxurious Airbnb in Barcelona? This has to be one of the best of the best! The location is just two steps from the beach, so all you have to do is put your right foot in and then your left foot out, and then instead of doing the hokey pokey just walk right on to the beach! This bright and beautiful beach apartment is waiting for you. It has a living room area, sofa, TV, fully equipped kitchenette, and washing machine.
Truly, this stylish apartment has everything you need and is sure to not disappoint your beach life desires! Splurge a little and stay at one of the best Airbnbs in Barcelona.
Best Airbnb in Barcelona for Families | Superior Beach Family Apt
- Crib & High Chair
- 8 Guests
- Pristine Clean
This spacious apartment has three bedrooms and a total of four beds. There is also a crib and high chair for those who are traveling with young ones! As one of the best Airbnbs in Barcelona for staying with your family, you’re sure to feel right at home. Situated in Barceloneta Beach, the beach is just a few meters away from the apartment’s front door! Here in Barcelona’s classic neighborhood by the sea, you’ll love trying tons of tapas and maybe even some delicious seafood dishes.
What’s more is that the Barceloneta metro station is just a five minutes walk away. Styled very minimalistically, your whole family is sure to have plenty of space to move and breathe in this beautiful, family-friendly Airbnb in Barcelona.
Best Airbnb in Barcelona for a Group of Friends | Stylish Apt Overlooking the Port
- Extra Kitchen Goodies
- 4 Guests
- Two Balconies w/ Port Views
This three bedroom and one bathroom Barcelona apartment situated right near the most popular Barceloneta Beach and is waiting for you and your friends to head on over and bring the party with you! From this short term rental’s windows, you can enjoy spectacular views of the port and Montjuic. Specifically, this rental is close to the Old Port and to the beach itself! We love that the kitchenette is stocked with everything you need, including even a toaster and juicer. Fresh orange juice with a little champagne in the morning, anyone? Keep them coming!
You and your friends are sure to love this Barcelona Airbnb that is positively delightful with its traditional stylings including ceramic flooring. Moreover, there are two balconies that are perfect for enjoying a glass or two of sangria on!
Best Airbnb in Barceloneta Beach | Lovely Sunshine-Filled Beach Apt
- Strong Air Conditioning
- 3 Guests
- Extra Kitchen Items
Situated very close to Barceloneta Beach, this Barcelona apartment is the short term rental you’ve been dreaming of. Coming in at a reasonable price, this fourth floor one bedroom and one bathroom apartment has a total of three beds. There is a living room to relax in, as well as a nice kitchenette that is perfect for cooking small meals in. There is an oven, refrigerator, and even a toaster and a blender! Margaritas anyone? If you stay for over a week, there is a housekeeper who will come clean and tidy up every week!
Another Great Apartment in Barceloneta Beach | Penthouse Private Room w/ Views
- Huge Penthouse Terraces
- 2 Guests
- Washing Machine & Dryer
This private room in a Barcelona homestay is located close to the Barceloneta Beach, within Barcelona’s Old Town. It is a double room that is situated inside a penthouse apartment that has two terraces that, of course, promises incredible beach views! The terraces are the perfect spots to enjoy breakfast or to cozy up and read a nice book. Guests are welcome to use the dining table as a working space and to use the washing machine and dryer.
A huge perk is the super-fast WiFi too! Also, make sure to note that this penthouse apartment does sit on the 6th floor of a building and there isn’t any elevator. At least that means that you’re sure to get a mini-workout in every day!
Top Value Airbnb in Gothic Quarter | Open Concept & Spacious Apt
- Lots of Natural Light
- 3 Guests
- Sits on Picturesque Street
This two bedroom and one bathroom apartment has an extra sofa bed should you wish to fit in an extra guest or two! With an incredibly spacious open concept design, you and your travel companions will love the open floor plan with plenty of room to move and breathe. Whether you want to roll out your yoga mat or try out a little salsa dancing, you sure have the room to do it!
The fully equipped kitchen comes with all you could need to whip up some snacks or meals. Recently renovated, and thoughtfully furnished, you’re sure to love staying in the Gothic Quarter and experiencing a taste of what Barcelona life is all about!
What to Pack for your Barcelona Airbnb
Our Broke Backpacker editors have put together a shortlist of their Airbnb essentials, which you can find here.
1. Active Roots Microfibre Towel: For your next holiday, you should get a hold of the Active Roots Microfiber Towel. Lightweight, super-absorbent, incredibly soft and quick-drying, it’s definitely a better option than the normal Airbnb towel. Take it to the beach, use it as a picnic blanket or just leave it in the bathroom – the Active Roots Towel comes in handy in so many different situations. The material is antibacterial, meaning that even after using it, your towel will still smell fresh. Mmmmm…. Nice!
2. Packing Cubes: Packing Cubes make putting everything into your suitcase a breeze. They keep your essentials organized – no more rolling t-shirts or wrinkling as you excitedly pack for your next holiday. Packing cubes are also great for longer stays, especially when you want to unpack completely. You put the cubes in your Airbnb closet to get that moved-in feeling without really unpacking everything.
3. Active Roots Water Bottle: Keep your own water bottle on your travels to keep you hydrated all day long, and save the planet at the same time. Reusable bottles help the environment by cutting down plastic waste, which is even more difficult to avoid while traveling. The Active Roots Water Bottle is the perfect one for your next holiday. High-quality material, non-leaking and super chic looking, you can fill it up with any drink, and it’ll stay hot or cold all day long.
4. Universal Travel Adapter: If you’re headed abroad, figure out the electricity situation beforehand. A universal travel adapter alleviates the headache of trying to remember what type of plug you will need. This one is good for 150 countries. The adapter has 5 USB ports, meaning that you can charge lots of devices at the same time – definitely a must-have.
5. Reusable Shopping Bags: It’s super easy to bring a reusable shopping bag with you on your next holiday, and a fantastic habit to get into! A lot of shops around the world are cutting down on plastic waste – Bali, for one, has banned the sale of plastic bags completely. Reusable shopping bags come in handy to carry groceries from A to B, but they’re also great for laundry or beach days – the options are endless.
6. TRTL Travel Pillow: Bus and plane rides are definitely not the most enjoyable things in the world, and as far as travel pillows go, most don’t add a lot of comfort either. The TRTL travel pillow is a game-changer for long term travels. The ergonomic design supports neck and head, while the internal system provides temperature regulation and safety for your spine. This travel pillow allows sleeping in an upright position – you’ll be able to get some proper rest on those 2cm-reclining coach seats!
Final Thoughts on Barcelona Airbnbs
Barcelona is absolutely teeming with beautiful things, beautiful people, and beautiful sites! When you stay in Barcelona, you will enjoy long walks on Las Ramblas, checking out the array of fabulous museums, nibbling on tapas, and gawking in awe at the Sagrada Família! We hope that you found your Barcelona dream Airbnb on our list of the best Airbnbs in Barcelona. Which one was your perfect match? Let us know in the comments below!
Also, if you’re jetting off to Barcelona, you might want to consider picking up some of the best travel insurance out there. World Nomads may have budget-friendly prices, but there is nothing budget about the quality and coverage of their top-notch, above-and-beyond travel insurance!
And don’t forget to take out Travel Insurance for your trip! I have been using World Nomads for some time now and made a few claims over the years. They’re easy to use, professional and relatively affordable. They may also let you buy or extend a policy once you’ve started your trip and are already abroad which is super handy.
If there’s one insurance company I trust, it’s World Nomads. To find out why I use World Nomads, check out my World Nomads Insurance review.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.