In case it needs an introduction, Cebu is actually a large province in the Philippines consisting of the big, main island and 167 surrounding islands. Wow. Cebu is very popular with backpackers and tourists and well known for some epic diving spots, amazing waterfalls, pristine beaches, and delicious food!
Leave the hostel life behind and kiss your days in hotels goodbye. By staying in a Cebu Airbnb you’re sure to have a much more memorable experience, and save a pretty penny too. We have curated a list of the best short term rentals in Cebu for you, highlighting only the safest, cleanest, best, and brightest options out there!
Okay, maybe you’re about to feel like your speed-dating our Cebu Airbnbs, but just scroll down further instead of swiping left or right. We’re sure that we found the right match for you!
Quick Answer: These are the Top 5 Airbnbs in Cebu
Light & Bright Studio Apt
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Hot Water & AC
- > Free Use of Pool & Jogging Path
Tropical Cebu Stay
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Swimming Pool Access
- > High-Speed Wifi
Charming & Chic Studio Apt
- > $$
- > 2 Guests
- > Beautiful Balcony
- > Access to Pool & Exercise Area
Luxurious Family-Friendly Condo
- > $$$
- > 7 Guests
- > Top-Notch Safety Features
- > Pool Access
On Top of the World Panorama Apt
- > $$$$
- > 16 Guests
- > Jacuzzi in Master Bedroom
- > Access to Swimming Pool
Looking for other types of accommodation? Check out our guide to Where to Stay in Cebu!
Why Stay in an Airbnb?
- Local Experience: While many X Airbnbs are managed by companies, they’re still locally based. Get the best recommendations for your X itinerary that you won’t find in the guidebooks to make your trip truly special!
- Unique properties: Airbnb has every kind of property you could think of. There’s even a ‘unique stays’ search function, where you can find your dream property on the site.
- Privacy: Another great filter – choose an entire place to ensure you won’t be disturbed during your trip.
- Affordability: When it comes to value for money, Airbnbs offer so much more than hotels at the same price.
- Safety: It might seem a little weird staying in someone’s house; however, both hosts and guests are vetted by Airbnb reviews to ensure the safety of both. Philippines is overall safe, and the Airbnb booking security just adds a little extra to it.
You should always have emergency cash hidden on you – pick up this awesome security belt with its hidden pocket before you travel, it’s perfect for hiding money, a passport photocopy.
The 15 Top Airbnbs in Cebu
Overall Best Value Airbnb in Cebu | Light & Bright Studio Apt
- Free Use of Pool & Jogging Path
- 2 Guests
- Hot Water & AC
This one bedroom and one bathroom studio Cebu apartment gives great bang for your buck! With all the standard amenities included, you’ll be staying in plenty of comfort. From WiFi, air conditioning, to a working table and dining table for two, this is one of the best Airbnbs in Cebu in terms of value. There is even a well-equipped kitchen that has a rice cooker, oven, refrigerator, and kettle.
Moreover, guests are allowed to use the swimming pool, jogging path, and outdoor gym that is part of this apartment complex!
Best Budget Airbnb in Cebu | Minimalist Studio w/ Pool
- 24/7 Security Guard
- 2 Guests
- Pool Access
This one bedroom and one bathroom studio apartment is a great short term rental in Cebu for those budget travelers out there! With what you would pay for the price of lunch in the USA, you can stay in comfort and convenience in this Cebu Airbnb. Located in the Avida Tower in the Cebu IT Park, you will love the safety of this Airbnb, complete with a 24/7 security guard.
Plus, the rooftop swimming pool is also a dream come true! Moreover, there is a kitchen inside this apartment that includes a stove, refrigerator, kettle, and even purified drinking water. Of course, there is are conditioning and WiFi as well!
Budget Tip: Dorms in Cebu start from $10USD per bed. They’re the cheapest accommodation in the city. Search for hostels in the area!
Perfect Short-Term Rental for Digital Nomads | Fiber WiFi Paired w/ Peace & Quiet
- Fiber Optic Internet
- 2 Guests
- Well-equipped Kitchen
Ready to get cracking at your latest work to-do list? This one bedroom and bathroom studio Cebu apartment is waiting for you, our digital nomad friends! It is fully furnished and part of a huge high-rise building in Cebu IT Park, which puts you close to plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops.
With a kitchen, a table and chairs, and a comfy bed you’ll be getting great work done at this short term rental in Cebu. The fiber internet with 20 mbps internet speed is nearly as good as it gets in Cebu, so get ready to get some good work done!
Perfect Airbnb for Solo Travelers | Dreamy Airbnb You Can Call Home
- Access to Pool & Gym
- 2 Guests
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
This one bedroom studio apartment is perfect for the solo travelers out there who are looking for the best Airbnb in Cebu. With all the western comforts you could hope from, from hot water to WiFi to air conditioning to a fully equipped kitchen, this Cebu Airbnb has it all. Located in the center of the Cebu IT Park, this apartment is within walking distance of all that you could need. From restaurants to convenience stores to banks, you are well situated in this Cebu Airbnb!
Moreover, you can use the swimming pool for a small fee. Or, why not go for a jog around the outdoor gym. It may be hot and humid outside, but sometimes gym junkies just gotta run!
Best Airbnb in Cebu for Nightlife | Stunning & Hip Space
- Swimming Pool Access
- 2 Guests
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
From the fun bar games at All-Stars Sports Bar, to the cozy and casual vibes at The Joker’s Arms, to the snazzy Jazz Joint you’re sure to find your favorite bar in this district of Cebu City, just north of Samba II. In fact, this short term rental in Cebu puts you within walking distance of not just the best bars, but also to a Robinson’s Mall. Also, there are plenty of cafes, bars, and 7-11’s surrounding this Cebu Airbnb so it’s super conveniently located. When you stay here, on the 43rd floor, you’ll get to enjoy a breathtaking view of the city below.
Moreover, there is 24/7 security so you won’t have to worry about the bar scene following you home. Phew! This one bedroom and bathroom Cebu apartment has all the bells and whistles, from hot water, to WiFi, to air conditioning. Lastly, there is also a pool to enjoy!
Best Short Term Rental for Couples | Charming & Chic Studio Apt
- Access to Pool & Exercise Area
- 2 Guests
- Beautiful Balcony
Stay in comfort and style with your significant other at this Cebu apartment in the core of the Cebu IT Park. It’s one of the best Airbnbs in Cebu for those traveling with their loved one. Tastefully designed, this sweet space comes with fast WiFi, air conditioning, hot water, and a smart TV that you’ll love routing your Netflix account to! Inside the apartment, there is also a fully functional kitchen as well as a comfy couch perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine or beer.
If not, just head outside to the balcony and soak up some great views. There is also a huge pool and outdoor exercise area to enjoy, that is shared with this apartment complex.
Best Homestay in Cebu | Tropical Cebu Stay
- High-Speed Wifi
- 2 Guests
- Swimming Pool Access
This short term rental is for a private bedroom and bathroom in a condominium that makes for a lovely Cebu homestay. A bright, colorful room awaits you. It’s filled with tropical vibes and is positively teeming with color! Inside the condo you’ll find high-speed wifi, air conditioning, and a double sized bed. Guests are also welcome to use the kitchenette and the dining room. The 9th floor pool is also open to all guests, and you’ll love taking a dip in the cool blue waters on a hot Cebu day!
This Cebu homestay is located in the Horizon’s 101 building, which is actually Cebu’s tallest condominium located on Mango Avenue. Moreover, it is conveniently situated near everything you’ll need during your Cebu trip!
Runner-Up Homestay in Cebu | Oceanview Stay in Cebu
- Swimming Pool
- 2 Guests
- Ocean View
This lovely room offers travellers a great space to relax and rewing after a long day of exploring Cebu. The bed is super comfy and the room is bright and airy. You can enjoy a beautiful ocean view and the buildings amenities, such as swimming pool and a BBQ grill. If you want to share some of your travel sories, just head to the common areas where you can meet likeminded travellers from all over the world.
Amazing Luxury Airbnb in Cebu | Gorgeous Penthouse with Jaccuzi
- 12 Guests
- Private Jaccuzi
Not only will you get a stunning location with a beautiful view, you can also enjoy all of that in your private jaccuzi – perfect to relax after a long day. The 12-guest penthouse is located quite far from Cebu City, but if you’re looking for a calm getaway, it’s the ideal place to stay. With lots of luxury amenities and some of the best reviews, you will definitely be in for a treat!
Over-the-Top Luxury Airbnb | On Top of the World Panorama Apt
- Access to Swimming Pool
- 16 Guests
- Jacuzzi in Master Bedroom
This luxury Airbnb in Cebu is tastefully decorated with a modern touch and has nearly every amenity you could possibly need. Situated near a Robinson’s Mall at the Crown Regency Club Ultima Tower 3, you’ll be in the very heart of Cebu City. Lastly, it is a highly secure and safe building with 24/7 reception, as well as security guards, and CCTV. Inside this three bedroom and three and a half bathroom home, there is a total of seven beds, which makes hosting a lot of people a breeze!
We love that this penthouse Cebu apartment has a 270 degree panorama view from the huge windows, and a large balcony to stand on and feel on top of the world!
Best Airbnb in Cebu for Families | Luxurious Family-Friendly Condo
- Pool Access
- 7 Guests
- Top-Notch Safety Features
This three bedroom and two and a half bathroom condo is perfect for those traveling with their family. It’s situated in a great location, just a one minute walk to the Ayala Mall. Highly safe and secure, this building has 24/7 security and CCTV. Also, there is a backup generator, and a state of the art fire alarm and sprinkler systems for those moms and dads out there that worry about safety! There is also both adult and kid swimming pools shared with the apartment complex.
Lastly, there is a high chair and crib available for those traveling with young ones.
Best Airbnb in Cebu for a Group of Friends | Chic Chateau w/ Panoramic Balcony
- Free Parking
- 10 Guests
- Washer & Dyer
Enjoy luxury style and comforts at a bargain price that absolutely none of your friends could possibly argue about! With modern style and elegance, this Cebu Airbnb is quite the find. It is a two bedroom and two bathroom Cebu apartment that actually has a total of 8 beds. There is a washer and dryer available, as well as free parking, all of which are rather special when it comes to the Cebu Airbnb scene. Also, the panoramic balcony is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and it’s close to the many Cebu attractions. There is even a breakfast nook nestled on the balcony complete with a table and chairs.
Additionally, there is a fully equipped kitchen so if any of your friends happens to be a kitchen wizard, they will love whipping up meals in this modern kitchen space. Make sure you keep them company by leaning on kitchen countertop while they craft their culinary masterpieces.
Best Airbnb in Cebu IT Park | Sweeping City Views 27th Floor Apt
- Snacks & Drinks Provided
- 4 Guests
- Panoramic Views
This Cebu apartment comes with three beds and one bathroom, making squeezing more guests into this Cebu Airbnb possible. It is a lovely contemporary designed apartment that is in a strategic location it in the heart of Cebu’s IT Park. Situated on the 27th floor, this apartment offers incredible sweeping views of Cebu. You’ll love sipping a cup of tea and gazing out the windows at the beautiful view below.
Next up, WiFi is included, as well as cable TV, as is hot water in the shower! Hooray for hot showers! In the well-equipped kitchen you’ll also find all the cooking essentials you could need to whip up quick and easy meals.
Another Great Apartment in Cebu IT Park | Quaint & Cozy Studio Apt
- Great Location
- 2 Guests
Cozy and stylishly designed, this Cebu IT Park apartment is sure to suit your fancy. It’s definitely not the biggest place, but perfect for a solo traveller or a couple. That being said, you’re surely not sacrificing any amenities! There is hot water, air conditioning, and WiFi, as well as a fully equipped kitchen and a little work space. With this affordable price tag, you’re sure to love this nice and tidy Cebu Airbnb that puts you close to all the malls, shopping centers, bars, and restaurants.
Top Value Airbnb in Mactan | Studio by the Sea
- Right by the sea
- 2 Guests
- On-site Diving Facilities
This little studio in a resort complex is the best stay on Mactan island, especially if you’re looking for great value. Previous guests have rated this Airbnb as incredibly clean and comfortable. The sea and pool is a short 2min walk from your front door, and you’ll reach Maribago Town Centre within 5min. With the great location and a host that is known to take very good care of their guests, you can be sure to have a great time!
What to Pack for your Cebu Airbnb
Our Broke Backpacker editors have put together a shortlist of their Airbnb essentials, which you can find here.
1. Active Roots Toiletry Bag: To prevent the loss of your toothpaste in the depths of your bag, you should get a hold of the Active Roots Toiletry Bag. With large compartments, see-through and enclosed sections, you can have all of your stuff in the right spot, easy to find and accessible at all times.
2. Carbon Monoxide Detector: Many homes already have CM detectors hardwired in, but regulation hasn’t caught up to technology in some areas. Most accommodations are not obligated to install protections or monitors, which is why owning your own portable device comes in very handy. The waterproof and long-lasting monitor will send out visual and audible alarms, before the carbon monoxide reaches a dangerous level.
3. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: If you don’t want to trust your Airbnb to provide clean towels, it’s always smart to bring your own. Problem is, most towels take up a lot of space in your suitcase. The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is made of super-light material, which hardly takes up any space. Plus, it’s incredibly comfortable and quick-drying. Great for a day around the pool or at the beach. The material is antibacterial, so it won’t smell funny, even on long holidays.
4. Universal Travel Adapter: Don’t land in a new country without the right adapter to charge your devices. This can be a logistical nightmare as your phone runs out of juice but you still need to plot a course to your rental. This universal travel adapter covers 150 countries, and you’ll always be able to charge your phone (and 4 more devices simultaneously), no matter where you are in the world.
5. TRTL Travel Pillow: Being on a plane or bus for a long time, especially overnight, can be pure torture. Instead of arriving at your Airbnb with red eyes and a grumpy mood, you should have a look at this TRTL Travel Pillow – it actually fulfils all of its promises. The ergonomic design supports your neck and head in a comfortable and safe way. Getting some proper sleep, even while sitting upright, will be a massive relief on your next holiday.
6. Reusable Shopping Bags: Are you familiar with the massive problem with plastic pollution, especially in developing nations? Avoiding consumer-end single-use plastic isn’t a massive challenge to those of us privileged to travel. Start by shopping with reusable shopping bags. They’re long-lasting, they fit everything you need and can be used as beach/picnic/day bags too. In some countries, plastic bags are either banned completely or you have to pay for them so a bag that accompanies you on every trip will go a long way.
Final Thoughts on Cebu Airbnbs
As one of the absolute most accessible and well developed islands in the Philippines, Cebu is a great place to visit! No matter what kind of travel style and vibes you’re looking for Cebu has it all! From beaches, to gastronomic delights, to diving— if you’re heading off to Cebu, you sure won’t be bored. We hope that you found the best Airbnb in Cebu for you, right off our handy dandy curated list. From opulent luxury to basic apartments, these short term rentals are all likely quite a bit affordable than you think!
When traveling, anything can happen. And we do mean anything. Why not snag the best travel insurance out there that comes at budget friendly prices from our friends over at World Nomads. Trust us, it’s worth it.
And don’t forget to take out Travel Insurance for your trip! I have been using World Nomads for some time now and made a few claims over the years. They’re easy to use, professional and relatively affordable. They may also let you buy or extend a policy once you’ve started your trip and are already abroad which is super handy.
If there’s one insurance company I trust, it’s World Nomads. To find out why I use World Nomads, check out my World Nomads Insurance review.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.