Soak up the Andalusian sunshine with a trip to Cádiz! This gorgeous town is said to be the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in Europe. Yes, it dates all the way back to 1,100BC! However, there’s more to it than just history. The narrow and winding streets are packed with tapas joints that serve delicious seafood. The top reason to visit though is the annual Carnaval!
So, by this point, you don’t need any more convincing to visit Cádiz. But what about places to stay? Well, there are lots of great hotels but they can be a bit pricey. So, if you’re on a regular backpacker budget, best to check out Cádiz hostels instead. We’ve decided to help you out and help you find the perfect place to stay for your Andalusia break.
In this post, we’ll check out the 10 best hostels in Cádiz. We’ll consider travel style, taste, but most importantly, budget. Hopefully, it’ll make planning your trip easier so you can really make the most of it!
Quick Answer – Best Hostels in Cadiz
- Overall Best Hostel in Cadiz – Casa Caracol Cádiz
- Best Hostels for Solo Travellers in Cadiz – Summer Cadiz
- Best Cheap Hostel in Cadiz – South Hostel Cádiz
- Best Hostel for Couples in Cadiz – Spanish Galleon
- Best Party Hostel in Cadiz – Cadiz Inn Backpackers
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Cadiz – Planeta Cadiz
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Cadiz – Casa Nautilus
The Best Hostels in Cadiz
Overall Best Hostel in Cadiz – Casa Caracol Cádiz
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Rooftop terrace
- Cool outdoor shower
Let’s kick off our list of the best hostels in Cádiz with Casa Caracol – or the snail’s house in English! Start the day with a delicious complimentary breakfast – the perfect way to fuel up before exploring this incredible city. It’s not just in the morning that this is a great place to be though. After a day of sightseeing, come back to relax in a hammock on the roof terrace. If it’s a really hot day, cool off with the outdoor shower! Not only is this a highly recommended hostel in Cádiz according to Hostelworld reviews, but Trip Advisor too. So, you don’t just have to take our word for it!
Best Hostels for Solo Travellers in Cadiz – Summer Cadiz
- Rooftop terrace
- Cosy Lounge
- Fully equipped kitchen
Hostels are always the best options for solo travellers, but it’s important to make sure you’ve got the right one. And when it comes to Cádiz backpackers hostels you won’t do much better than Summer Cadiz! The rooftop terrace is the best place to meet fellow travellers and share your stories over a beer or a snack. There’s also a cool common room where you can chill in the unlikely event of bad weather. For travellers who need a bit of a push to start a conversation, why not take part in one of the awesome daily events? Surfing lessons and flamenco shows are just some of the stuff on offer!
Best Cheap Hostel in Cadiz – South Hostel Cádiz
- Free breakfast
- Great location
- In a historic building!
Sometimes going for the cheapest option isn’t the best idea, however, when you’re looking for a budget hostel in Cadiz, you can rest assured that it’s a good bet! South Hostel Cadiz doesn’t let you compromise on location either, you’re right in the old town! Stroll through here to get to the nearby Caleta Beach – life could be more difficult! This could well be the coolest hostel in Cádiz and its large dormitories are what makes it so cheap. If you’d like to be in a smaller dorm, you will have to shell out a little more, but it’s worth it for the decor of this historic building!
Best Hostel for Couples in Cadiz – Spanish Galleon
- Morning yoga sessions
- European style balcony
- Shared roof terrace
Travelling with your other half doesn’t often mix well with booking a smelly and noisy dorm. That doesn’t mean you have to splash out on a five-star hotel though! Spanish Galleon may not be a Cádiz backpacker hostel, but it’s the best bed and breakfast in town! You’ll be able to rent a two-bed apartment at this charming and welcoming spot, guaranteeing you and your loved one privacy. There’s still a hostel-style vibe though! Head up to the shared roof terrace where you can enjoy free yoga sessions each morning. Or you can just chill out!
Best Party Hostel in Cadiz – Cadiz Inn Backpackers
- Free breakfast
- Rooftop terrace
- Cool hostel events
Okay, so this may not be a wild party place, but it is best the best hostel in Cádiz if you want to let your hair down! The hostel is staffed by cool young travellers who will help you find your way around the city, and organise get-togethers on the rooftop terrace. And there are plenty of bars nearby where you can have a few cañas or shots! Once you’ve finished drinking, there are loads of great events on offer at this hostel too. These include surf lessons, scuba diving, and free walking tours!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Cadiz – Planeta Cadiz
- Security lockers
- Light and bed plug
- Audiovisual and meeting room
As long as you have a strong Wi-Fi connection, you’d be pretty happy as a digital nomad, right?! Well, this place offers that and so much more. When you’re out and about and worrying about leaving your laptop or camera at the mercy of other guests, no need to worry! Planeta Cadiz offers security lockers so you can be assured it’s safe and sound! There’s also a light and a bed plug in your capsule bed so you can work late into the night without disturbing anyone if needs be! One of the coolest hostels in Cádiz!
Best Hostel with a Private Room in Cadiz – Casa Nautilus
- Free tea coffee and cookies
- Central location
- Air conditioning
Okay, you got us. Casa Nautilus isn’t quite the best hostel in Cádiz because it’s not a hostel! But this charming B and B offers budget accommodation and your own private space. It’s great for long term solo travellers who want a break from the hustle and bustle of hostel life. Or, a couple or small family/group of friends on a budget could make this their temporary home! As well as a great location, one of the top perks is free tea, coffee, and cookies. A really nice touch from an inviting and welcoming host!
Psst! Heading to a hostel? Don’t forget to pack a padlock! It’s well worth having one so you can secure your locker and protect your stuff!
More Great Hostels in Cadiz
- Free toiletries
- Tour desk
- TVs in rooms
Pensións are guest houses are boarding houses that offer affordable accommodation. Kind of like hostels before hostels existed! So, we thought it was only fair to include this in our list of the best hostels in Cádiz. A great option for couples and family/friend groups of up to 4, this great option offers lovely rooms that you’d expect to be a lot more than your final bill will show! If you do want to meet other travellers, there’s a shared lounge with a TV in the pensión.
- Shared Lounge
- Great location
- Popular with couples
Another great option if you’re looking at a pensión instead of a Cádiz backpacker hostel is this place – Pensión La Cantarera. Right in the centre of the old town, you’ll get a private room with your own bathroom, equipped with free toiletries! For a couple on a budget, there are few places as good or better than this. They’ve rated it highly on booking.com so don’t just take it from us! If you do want to meet other people during your pleasant stay here, there’s a shared lounge for that!
Single-use plastic bottles are a huge threat to Marine Life – Be a part of the solution and travel with a filter water bottle.
The GRAYL GEOPRESS water bottle is the ONLY all-in-one filter water bottle setup you’ll need. Whether you need to purify the water from a hostel sink in Kathmandu or a stream trickle in the Andes, the Geopress has got you covered.
Read our full review of the GRAYL GEOPRESS!
- Free Breakfast
- Laptop friendly workspaces
- Roof Terrace
Let’s round off our list of the best hostels in Cádiz with a great option for both students and digital nomads. It’s actually student accommodation in Cádiz’s university! It’s open year-round though. There’s a 24-hour reception desk too, if there’s anything you’re unsure about during your stay. If you need to work or study, there are laptop-friendly workspaces not only in your room, but through the common areas too! And of course, a free breakfast is the perfect way to fuel up in the morning, whether studying or exploring!
What to Pack for your Cadiz Hostel
Pants, socks, underwear… Here are some other items you might not have thought to pack.
1. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Quick-drying, lightweight, super soft and compact – the Active Roots Microfiber Towel is essential for every backpacker. No need to use the scabby towels your hostel may or may not provide! Use it for drying off, as a yoga towel or even as a picnic blanket – the options don’t stop here. Made of antibacterial material, you don’t have to worry about your towel starting to smell unpleasant either after lots of use.
2. Active Roots Water Bottle: Sturdy and durable, the Active Roots water bottle survives the roughest adventures while keeping your drink cold or hot for at least 24 hours. Vacuum-sealed and made from stainless steel, the bottle can fit 25oz, which is plenty to keep you hydrated. Super cool bonus: the bottle isn’t just super useful, it helps to reduce the single-use plastic waste – save the planet by filling up your bottle.
3. Playing Cards: Name your ideal night: I’m for a few cheap beers and some card games. Oh, and you don’t even have to be drinking to enjoy a game – having cards with you traveling definitely helps out on those long airplane or beach days! Make sure to snag a waterproof deck to protect from the pool, ocean or Chang.
4. Headphone Splitter: You’re the one with the Netflix account and your friend wants to watch too? But you don’t want to share headphones? And you’re good people who wouldn’t disturb your dorm mates? That’s not going to be a problem with this Headphone Splitter! Plug in two pairs of headphones at the same time, so both of you are able to listen to music or watch shows simultaneously. It comes in handy and won’t weigh you down.
5. Power Bank: Everyone knows the mini heart attack when your phone is about to run out of power. Surviving long bus rides without charging stations can be agonizing, which is why every backpacker should have this Anker Power Bank. You can charge your phone up to 5 times, or plug in two devices simultaneously. With high-speed charging and enough power to keep you going for days, you can conquer even the biggest adventures without a problem.
6. TRTL Travel Pillow: Nothing is worse than a sleep-deprived and grumpy backpacker. Do yourself a favour and get some decent rest with this comfortable TRTL travel pillow. The ergonomic design (fancy!) makes it possible to sleep upright, which can be a real struggle with normal neck pillows. Having this cool pillow makes long bus rides or flights way more enjoyable – and who knows, maybe you’ll even be looking forward to it next time. If so, leave those guys a good review.
Final Thoughts on the Best Hostels in Cadiz
So, that concludes our list of the best hostels in Cádiz. Whatever you want from a hostel, you’re guaranteed to find it here! Whether that’s relaxing roof terraces, cool kitchens, or being a hop, skip, and a jump from a tasty tapas bar!
We hope you’re not overwhelmed with choices, but if so, don’t worry. Just take a deep breath and have a cup of tea, then scroll to the top of the page. Then, you can book our favourite hostel in Cádiz: Casa Caracol Cádiz! It’s the best combination of an awesome location, great value for money, and friendly hospitality!
Now that we’ve made planning your holiday a little easier, it’s time for us to leave you in peace. We hope you enjoy your vacation in Cádiz!
And don’t forget Travel Insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of Travel Insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads, our favorite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Do you own or run a kick ass hostel? Want to be featured in this list? Get in touch at [email protected]
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse crap. Your support helps me keep the site going.