For many backpackers, Coron is the gateway to island living in Palawan. This jewel of the Philippines still maintains a lot of its small fishing village charm but is quickly turning into one of the hottest destinations in all of Palawan. With only a handful of hostels to choose from, it can be hard to decide which is actually the best in all of Coron.
That’s why we made picking the perfect youth hostel easy with this list of the top hostels in Coron! We have put together this stress-free guide so YOU can book with confidence and find the best backpackers hostel in Coron.
Throw down your luggage and grab your paddles, and prepare for an adventure of kayaking through the tranquil blue lagoons of the Philippines!
So peep our guide to the top hostels in Coron below!
Quick answer: The Best Hostels in Coron
- Best Overall Hostel in Coron – Hop Hostel
- Best Party Hostel in Coron – The Hub Backpackers Hangout
- Best Hostel for Solo Travellers in Coron – Fat Monkey Hostel
- Best Cheap Hostel in Coron – RB Transient House
- Best Hostel for Couples in Coron – Balaibinda Lodge
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Coron – Bahay Kawayan Backpackers Inn
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Coron – Divine Castle Travelers Inn
The Best Hostels in Coron
We have put together a guide of the top recommended hostels in tropical Coron, Philippines! Each hostel appeals to a different kind of traveler, so strap on your backpack and get ready for your island adventure!
Best Overall Hostel in Coron – Hop Hostel
- Rooftop Terrace
- Shared Kitchen
Nestled on top of a hill overlooking all of Coron and the surrounding islands, Hop Hostel not only offers a sun terrace with stunning views but is also our top pick for hostels in all of Coron!
The idea behind Hop Hostel is simple: create a comfortable space for backpackers all around the world to chill out, have fun, and meet each other. What it may lack in free perks is made up with its onsite restaurant, rooftop parties, and low-key vibe which is sure to have you kicking back on Coron for days!
Best Party Hostel in Coron – The Hub Backpackers Hangout
- Free Rum and Coke
- Hot tub
- Common Area
As the coolest hostel in Coron, it goes without saying The Hub Backpackers is sure to always attract those party animal backpackers. Located downtown between all of the hottest restaurants and bars, The Hub also hosts its own barbecue nights as well as a bar onsite, to ensure the party is never far away.
The extremely friendly staff will bend over backward to make sure you have whatever you need, from boat tickets to motorcycle rentals. With free rum and cokes from 6:30-7, staying at The Hub Backpackers Hangout is the first step to having a true roarer during your 3 days in Coron!
Best Hostel for Solo Travellers in Coron – Fat Monkey Hostel
- Outdoor Terrace
As a solo backpacker, you want to find a hostel which is in that sweet spot between having the option to hang out and chat it up with other travelers while still being able to retreat and do your own thing every once in a while.
At the Fat Monkey Hostel guests can relax in the shade on a hammock, beer in hand, enjoying true island living. In the common area, backpackers have a great place to chill out, drink, eat, and socialize with other travelers.
Best Cheap Hostel in Coron – RB Transient House
- Shared Kitchen
Get back to the bare essentials and put your money into what really matters. At RB Transient House you may be giving up some of the conveniences of the other hostels, but you will be saving a lot of money for booking your island tours and diving adventures.
At RB Transient House guests are still provided with a shared kitchen and the same great service as any of the other backpacker hostels on the island. Even though RB Transient House is the best budget hostel on the whole island, you will still be given a top-class experience!
Best Hostel for Couples in Coron –Balaibinda Lodge
- Rooftop Terrace
For those looking to get a little bit more cozy on those hot tropical Coron nights, Balaibinda Lodge can provide you with a 3-star experience on a backpacker’s budget. Not only will you be able to snuggle it up in some spacious private rooms but Balaibinda Lodge also has a restaurant and bar available onsite for its guests.
If you haven’t been convinced to book into Balalibinda Lodge with your boo yet, you will be sold with the rooftop terrace where you can dine under the stars.
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Coron– Bahay Kawayan Backpackers Inn
- Massage Services
Let’s face it, as a modern-day digital nomad it is inevitable that you will find yourself wasting a lot of time at the hostel editing and writing at the hostel.
While you may be confined to working indoors in an uninspiring atmosphere at other hostels, at Bahay Kawayan Backpackers INN you will be able to tap away at your keyboard under a tropical thatched roof in the open air.
Bahay Kawayan Backpackers gives each of its guests a traditional bungalow experience without sacrificing any of the modern-day conveniences. Other than the dreamy Gilligan’s Island vibe of the hostel, this backpackers inn also offers a restaurant and bar in the communal area.
You will have everything you need to surf the web, work online, and enjoy this tropical paradise when staying at this picture perfect backpackers inn!
Best Hostel with a Private Room in Coron – Divine Castle Travelers Inn
- Rooftop Terrace
- Cable TV
You will feel as if you got all of Coron in the palm of your hand when looking out over the bay from the hotels stunning rooftop terrace. Divine Castle Travelers Inn not only offers some of the best views of Coron but also has the most comfortable and cheap private rooms compared with other hotels.
Divin Castle Travelers Inn beats all other hostels with both its budget rooms and mouth-watering restaurant. Even backpackers need their own space every once in a while, and there is no better place to do it than paying a little extra and checking into Divine Castle Travelers INN!
Psst! Heading to a hostel? Don’t forget to pack a padlock! It’s well worth having one so you can secure your locker and protect your stuff!
More Best Hostels In Coron
Want to stay in the party district or maybe somewhere more laidback? Decide on where to stay in Coron before booking your hostel.
- Bike Rentals
- Free Breakfast
- Common Room
JMP Hostel does not try to jump out from the crowd and woo backpackers with bright colors and raging parties. This more subtle hostel appeals to those looking to just chill out without being in the middle of too much commotion.
With its comfortable minimalist decoration, travelers are truly immersed in relaxation. JMP also boasts a quaint lounge where backpackers can eat, drink, or just hang out.
Sea Horse Guest House makes our list for best hostels of 2021 not only for its spectacular dormitories but also with its stunning rooftop terrace, restaurant, and bar. With some of the cheapest beds on the whole island, you won’t be giving up comfort for a budget room.
One of the main selling points of Sea Horse Guest House is the lively bar onsite, where locals and tourists alike can drink and sing the night away with karaoke!
- Outdoor Terrace
Happy Camper is one of those hostels where you originally plan on staying just a few nights, but find yourself at reception extending your stay day after day. Backpackers are treated with free coffee/tea, comfortable outdoor terrace, and a delicious breakfast. For such a low price you truly get the most bang for your buck!
Happy Camper is run by some of the most hospitable owners on the island, who make sure that you feel apart of the family. With its easy-going, chill vibe Happy Camper is by far one of the best hostels in all of Coron.
What to Pack for your Coron Hostel
We don’t often travel without these essentials.
1. TRTL Travel Pillow: Nothing is worse than a sleep-deprived and grumpy backpacker. Do yourself a favour and get some decent rest with this comfortable TRTL travel pillow. The ergonomic design (fancy!) makes it possible to sleep upright, which can be a real struggle with normal neck pillows. Having this cool pillow makes long bus rides or flights way more enjoyable – and who knows, maybe you’ll even be looking forward to it next time. If so, leave those guys a good review.
2. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Having your own towel is a must when traveling since most hostels don’t provide them. Plus as a backpacker, use of a towel will extend further than just showers, it’s a minimalist yoga towel and a great beach blanket/towel combo! The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is really the best solution for backpacking.
3. Noise-Cancelling Earbuds: These simple earbuds will help you out. Keeping out most of the surrounding sounds, you can either choose to listen to some relaxing music or no sound at all while falling asleep. This can be a life-saver in some unexpected party hostels. Make sure you’re well-rested for the next adventures!
4. Active Roots Toiletry Bag: Keep your bath-and-beauty items organized and in the right place with this water-resistant bag. With large compartments, mesh and enclosed clear sections, you can fit everything you might need inside. Hang it up or let it stand on its own – this bag is a must-have for dorm-lifers.
5. Sea to Summit Travel Soap: Soap can be very useful on long travels, but it’s hard to carry around. It might get taken off you at the airport or leak in your backpack. This Sea to Summit Travel Soap is the perfect solution for every backpacker with a thought for hygiene. The dry soap is super handy, and it definitely won’t leak (there’s nothing to leak). One box contains 50 leaves of soap, making sure that you’ll be clean, even on longer adventures.
6. Universal Travel Adapter: This universal travel adapter charges your devices in (pretty much) every country – definitely a lifesaver when travelling around the world. The plug also regulates the power output depending on which device you’re charging. No more fried hair dryers or electric razors!
Why you should travel to Coron
By now you are probably ready to put on your swim trunks and soak up in the sun in Coron!
While on the surface it may seem like you don’t have a lot of options for hostels on the island. In reality, your cup runneth over with the number of budget hostels in Coron!
Get ready to island hop all the way to adventure in sunny Coron!
Travel Safety Tips for Coron
And don’t forget Travel Insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of Travel Insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads, our favorite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
More Epic Hostels in The Philippines and Asia
Hopefully by now you’ve found the perfect hostel for your upcoming trip to Coron.
Planning an epic trip all across The Philippines or even Asia itself?
Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
For more cool hostel guides around Asia, check out:
- Best hostels in Siargao Island
- Best hostels in El Nido
- Best hostels in Boracay
- Best hostels in Kuala Lumpur
Over to you
By now I hope our epic guide to the best hostels in Coron has helped you choose the perfect hostel for your adventure!
If you think we’ve missed anything or have any further thoughts, hit us up in the comments!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.