One of the best family destinations in the world, Orlando is packed full of more than just exciting theme parks. Yes, the big draws are Universal Studios and Disney, but the city has a pretty cool downtown too. When everyone else is at the theme parks, wander along the tree-lined avenues, immerse yourself in the art and music scene, or just sample some of the mouth-watering cuisines on offer here.
As you might expect in such a popular destination, there are a lot of hotels. However, for something with a little more personality, why not consider an Airbnb? After all, you could save yourself some cash – especially if you’re travelling with the family! No matter your travel style, budget, or the size of your party, you’ll find an Orlando Airbnb for you!
We don’t want you to have to spend too much time trawling through the website though. So, to help you out we’ve done that, and come up with this list of the 15 best Airbnbs in Orlando. So, let’s jump straight in and find the perfect place for you to stay!
Quick Answer: These are the Top 5 Airbnbs in Orlando
Luxury home near Disney
- > $$
- > 3 Guests
- > Has a kitchenette
- > Warm and cosy
Room in gated community
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Great to meet other travellers
- > Spacious living area
Lakeside retreat tiny house
- > $$$
- > 2 Guests
- > King Bed
- > Cute outdoor seating area
Luxury Family Getaway
- > $$$
- > 8 Guests
- > Private Pool
- > Google assistant speakers in every room
Enchanting Harry Potter themed home
- > $$$$
- > 12 Guests
- > Access to pool
- > Awesome HP themed rooms
Looking for other types of accommodation? Check out our guide to Where to Stay in Orlando!
Why stay in an Airbnb?
- Local Experience: No matter how big your guidebook is, it won’t have the superb local know-how can get from your hosts. Be sure to get their recommendations on the best places to visit in Orlando!
- Unique Properties: In a place chock full of unique vacation rentals, why on earth would you want to stay in a drab and dull hotel?!
- Privacy: Cabins, chalets, and treehouses mean you and your companion(s) can get the break you need without anyone else interfering.
- Affordability: Airbnbs are considerably cheaper than an equivalent hotel – and you won’t have any hidden charges from the minibar either! Airbnbs are possibly the best option for roadtrippers in Florida that need to keep the costs low.
- Airbnb Experiences: It’s not all about where to stay – check out what there is to do in the area with Airbnb Experiences!
You should always have emergency cash hidden on you – pick up this awesome security belt with its hidden pocket before you travel, it’s perfect for hiding money, a passport photocopy.
The Top 15 Airbnbs in Orlando
Overall Best Value Airbnb in Orlando | Luxury home near Disney
- Warm and cosy
- 3 Guests
- Has a kitchenette
If you’re looking for a combination of value, style, and a comfy place to stay, then this is the best Airbnb in Orlando! Just 10 minutes away from Disney in the cool community of Kissimmee, you have an entire house with your host close by. However, you still have your private entrance and exit. If you want to keep your costs down even further, there’s a kitchenette where you can prepare your meals too. It’s got a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker amongst other things. Digital nomads will be pleased to know that there’s a laptop-friendly workspace as well!
This is your chance to live on Disneys doorstep!
Best Budget Airbnb in Orlando | Charming Modern Private Room
- Spacious room
- 2 Guests
- Great work station
If you’re on a tight budget, then you’re probably going to have to take a private room rather than book an entire place. However, when you see a private room like this, that stops being a problem! If you’re travelling as a couple, then you can share the king bed and costs making this bargain room, super cheap. As well as the king bed, there’s a laptop-friendly workspace, wifi, and a shared kitchen which you can use. The kitchen is modern, clean and spacious making cooking an absolute pleasure. If you’re travelling with a car, this is the ideal location for your Orlando stay as you’re pretty much bang in the middle of all main attractions.
Budget Tip: Dorms in Orlando start from $10USD per bed. They’re the cheapest accommodation in the city. Search for hostels in the area!
Perfect Short Term Rental for Digital Nomads | *LUXURY RESORT* NEAR DISNEY/SEA WORLD/UNIVERSAL(2)
- Shared Pool
- 3 Guests
- 5 minutes from Universal Studio
Ever wanted your very own(ish) swimming pool?! Yeah I bet.
It can be tiring work being a digital nomad. Spending the day hunched over your laptop can make your back and shoulders sore! So, where better to unwind than a place with an outdoor pool and sun loungers? That’s exactly what you get at this awesome spot near Disneyworld. Of course, you’ll get the laptop-friendly working space and fast wifi too. There’s a mini-fridge in the room so if you work well with energy drinks, you can store them there.
If you’re a dog person, you’ll be pleased to know that the hosts do have one – but it won’t go into your room!
Perfect Airbnb for Solo Travellers | Luxury private room near Universal
This charming and cosy room is the best Airbnb in Orlando for solo travellers. It’s in one of the safest areas in the city, so if at night you feel like going out and making friends, you shouldn’t have much trouble walking back. There are pets on site, and although they won’t be in your quarters, you might get a chance to meet the cat and dogs when you use the garden. If you’re a Spanish speaker (whether you’re a native or a beginner), you’ll be able to practice a bit at this awesome home.
Best Airbnb in Orlando for Nightlife | Mandala Charming Meditative Room
- Yoga studio
- 2 Guests
- Free parking
Lake Eola is one of the best nightlife spots in Orlando. So, if you want to party, check out this cool Orlando apartment. The great thing is that it’s very relaxing and there’s even a yoga studio, so you’ll properly sort out your hangover the next day. There are plenty of great places to eat nearby too – so you can line your stomach before a few glasses of wine or a couple of pints.
Just remember if you’re coming in late, do try and keep quiet. It’s a private room – not an entire place! And you don’t want to disturb your hosts, right?!
Best Short Term Rental for Couples | Lakeside retreat tiny house
- Cute outdoor seating area
- 2 Guests
- King Bed
The best Orlando Airbnb for a romantic stay is the awesome tiny house, right by a lake. It’s a little further out of the city centre, but if you want peace, quiet, and tranquillity, then there’s nowhere better. Watching sunrise or sunset by the lake is one of Orlando’s most romantic experiences!
Should you want to enjoy a romantic meal together, you can prepare it in the kitchen and then enjoy it in the outdoor seating area. Then, finish off the evening with a bottle of wine before retiring to your comfy king bed!
Best Homestay in Orlando | Room in gated community
- Great to meet other travellers
- 2 Guests
- Spacious living area
Want to stay in a great atmosphere just 10 minutes from the airport? We might just have found the best homestay in Orlando for you. The friendly host who owns this place has great reviews for their communication and cute nice touches that will make your stay special. Not only do you have access to the kitchen, but basics spices and foods, as well as the coffee maker. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful, so you can look forward to a good nights sleep. The host rents out three other rooms of her house, so you’ll always meet like minded travellers and get the change to make new friendships.
Runner Up Homestay in Orlando | Cute Downtown Bungalow
- Great Privacy
- 2 Guests
- Amazing location
Not only does this Airbnb offer you incredible privacy, it’s also located in one of the top neighborhoods in Orlando. Tucked away in a quiet area, you can enjoy a good night’s sleep while still being close to all of the main attractions. The bungalow is part of the host’s property, but it’s basically like a separate home. There’s a super comfy bed and a little work desk in your home, ideal for those that need to get some work done on their laptop. One thing we need to note is that you don’t have a private bathroom. Instead, there’s a shared one in the main house, which is incredibly clean according to previous guests.
Amazing Luxury Airbnb in Orlando | Charming Hideaway with blue couches
- Stock up the wine fridge!
- 8 Guests
- Fully equipped kitchen
Okay, let’s check out a great place for a splurge. This is one of the best luxury Airbnbs in Orlando if you’re in a big group, or you just want to splash out. Located in the middle of Winter Park, this is an Airbnb plus listing. It comes with several cool extras such as a wine fridge, those blue velvet sofas (and a similar bed), and cool grey décor. Eight people can comfortably fit into here – there is a super king, 2 kings, and 2 single beds! It’s well worth parting a bit of extra cash for!
Over the Top Luxury Airbnb in Orlando | Enchanting Harry Potter themed home
- Awesome HP themed rooms
- 12 Guests
- Access to pool
This is one of the most outrageous and outlandish Airbnbs in Orlando. And it’s absolutely perfect for Harry Potter fans! If visiting the Harry Potter theme park during the day isn’t quite enough, then come back to this awesome entire villa and live inside the magical world created by JK Rowling.
It’s got rooms themed on each of the four houses, a dining room based on the Great Wall (although the owners haven’t worked out how to enchant the ceiling yet), and plenty of board games throughout the house. However, Gryffindor’s common room has been dragged into the 21st century with the addition of a Nintendo Switch and a Netflix equipped TV!
Best Airbnb in Orlando for Families | Luxury Family Getaway
- Private Pool
- 8 Guests
- Google assistant speakers in every room
Space for 8 guests, enough room to give everyone lots of privacy and a pool deck in your backyard? What else could you wish for! If you’re travelling with your family, look no further than this amazing Orlando house. On hot summer days, jump into the pool with the kids to cool off or explore some of the nearby attractions. At the end of the day, the spacious living room is ideal to get everyone back together for some socializing and dinner. It’s the perfect family getaway!
Best Airbnb in Orlando for a Group of Friends | Bitty Belle Tiny House
- Heated Pool
- 4 Guests
- Great location
Welcome to the best Orlando Airbnb if you’re staying with friends. It’s quite compact (it is a tiny house after all) but there are two king beds in here – one in a room of its own and one in the loft. You can top and tail if need be! Also, there’s a single and a sofa bed so you can comfortably fit 4 people in that all have their own bed. This place is oozing with character and if you’re still not convinced, you’ll find the booking process smooth and easy – thanks to the superhost who owns this place!
Best Airbnb in Kissimmee | Apartment near Disney
- Outdoor chessboard
- 4 Guests
- Free Parking
Kissimmee is one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Orlando, so it’s only natural if you’re concentrating your searches in that area. Here’s a great one-bed apartment that is perfect if you don’t want to blow too much of your budget, yet still have a comfortable stay. It can fit up to 4 guests too, so splitting the costs mean that it’ll save you even more dollar to enjoy at the theme parks and in downtown Orlando! There’s free parking, a kitchen, a balcony, and a patio. What more could you want?!
Another Great Apartment in Kissimmee | Massive Budget Condo
- Incredibly spacious and airy
- 8 Guests
- Minutes from the best attractions
Kissimmee is one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Orlando, so it’s only natural if you’re concentrating your searches in that area. Here’s a great three-bedroom apartment that is perfect if you don’t want to blow too much of your budget, yet still have a comfortable stay. It can fit up to 8 guests too, so splitting the costs mean that it’ll save you even more dollar to enjoy at the theme parks and in downtown Orlando! It’s been recently renovated, so everything you’ll find inside is super modern, chic and brandnew. What more could you want?!
Top Value Airbnb in Lake Buena Vista | Spacious pool house
- Near themeparks
- 12 (4 kids)
- Outdoor pool
If your main priority is visiting Orlando’s best theme parks, look no further than this amazing Airbnb. Equipped with everything you might need, including big outdoor pool and a flatscreen TV with Netflix, this is the perfect spot for yourself, you and your family, or a group of friends. The three bedrooms accommodate 12 people in total (one bedroom has a double bunk bed – ideal for kids), however, we’d recommend it for maximum 8. It’s a typical American home, with a big kitchen, a spacious living area and modern interior design. If you fill out all of the best, this place turns into one of the cheapest deals in Orlando. If you’re travelling alone, this home might be a bit out of most people’s budget.
What to Pack for your Orlando Airbnb
Pack these things for a nicer stay in your Airbnb.
1. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Most Airbnb’s provide towels, but I always keep my own handy on my travels in case I can’t get the linens cleaned during a long stay. The Active Roots Microfiber Towel doesn’t just sound fancy, it kinda is fancy. The super comfy material is absorbent and quick-drying – perfect for after a shower or a quick jump into the water. Use it as a beach towel, picnic blanket or yoga towel too. Lightweight and compact, it’ll hardly take up any space in your suitcase.
2. Packing Cubes: Packing your suitcase (and unpacking it and packing it all over again) can be an organizational challenge. Packing cubes help quite a ton with that struggle. Move them between your suitcase and your Airbnb wardrobe without really having to unpack and keeping your clothes in the same orientation the whole time – basically, less hassle, more organization and fewer wrinkles.
3. Active Roots Water Bottle: Most Airbnbs provide potable (drinkable) water. Have a bottle to fill up so you can take that water on your rambles instead of buying disposable plastic bottles. The Active Roots Water Bottle is great for travellers who are aware of plastic pollution and want to reduce their single-use plastic consumption – no need to buy drinks from the supermarket anymore. The stainless-steel material will keep your drinks cold or hot for up to 24 hours. Stay hydrated throughout your entire holiday with this cool bottle!
4. Suitcase Locks: Protecting your belongings from opportunistic thievery isn’t so hard. With these locks, no one can easily access your important items, whether you’re using a suitcase or backpack. Lock the two zippers together, and only the person with the keys can unlock it. It’s also very useful when your Airbnb doesn’t have a safe to store valuable items.
5. Monopoly Card Game: We’ve started to get bored of basic card decks as our only really lightweight travel games. Now we’re mixing things up with this Monopoly Deal Card Game and it brings all the group fun (and tension) of the original board game! This version requires quick thinking and reacting, a couple of brain cells and 2-5 people. Perfect for small groups and families – fun (and maybe tension) is guaranteed.
6. Reusable Shopping Bag: Getting rid of some plastic in your life might even make it a little bit better. Like the reusable shopping bag for example. There’s no need to buy plastic bags at the checkout or have a massive amount of stuff in one cupboard back at home. Using the eco-friendly reusable shopping bag will make your shopping trip much more enjoyable while you’re reducing your single-use plastic consumption at the same time.
Final Thoughts on Orlando Airbnbs
So, that’s everything on our list of the best Airbnbs in Orlando. We hope that there’s something on there that’s suitable for your budget and travel style. As you can see, there’s a hell of a lot to choose from!
Whether you want to enjoy the thrills and spills of the theme park or enjoy the delights of downtown Orlando, there are apartments, private rooms, and entire houses that you’re sure to love!
If you’re finding it tricky to choose a place, pick the one that ticks all the boxes. Our best value Airbnb in Orlando is the luxury house near Disney, and you can’t go wrong by picking there. It combines value, style, and a great location!
All that’s left is for us to wish you an incredible vacation in Orlando. And if we’ve missed off a great Airbnb that you’ve stayed in, let us know in the comments below!
And don’t forget to take out Travel Insurance for your trip! I have been using World Nomads for some time now and made a few claims over the years. They’re easy to use, professional and relatively affordable. They may also let you buy or extend a policy once you’ve started your trip and are already abroad which is super handy.
If there’s one insurance company I trust, it’s World Nomads. To find out why I use World Nomads, check out my World Nomads Insurance review.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.