Get ready to feel your toes in the golden sand beaches of this heaven on earth! Take a dip in the gorgeous blue waters of Buzios! This Brazilian paradise is the envy of the rest of the world, attracting travelers across the world to its shores! With draping palm trees lining the beaches, tranquil waters washing up on the coast, and inviting sand almost begging you to lay out a towel to relax on, Buzios is a place where you will be so relaxed, time will stand still.
Being one of the most popular resort towns in all of Brazil, Buzios is no stranger to tourists. Lucky for you they have many hotels and hostels to fit all kinds of travelers, from weekend warriors to your budget backpackers. But choosing that one hostel that fits how you like to travel may be easier said than done.
That is exactly why we made this ultimate list to all the best hostels in Buzios! Now you can book with confidence that you are staying in the top hostels in Buzios, with everything from your romantic stays to crazy party hostels!
Slip-on your flip flops and grab your surfboard, your Buzios adventure is just around the corner!
Quick Answer: The Best Hostels in Buzios
- Overall Best Hostel in Buzios – Yolo Hostel Buzios
- Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Buzios – El Misti Hostel Buzios
- Best Cheap Hostel in Buzios – Che Lagarto Hostel
- Best Hostel for Couples in Buzios – Art Beach Hostel
- Best Party Hostel in Buzios – Numa Boa Hostel
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Buzios – Bamboo Buzios Hostel
The Best Hostels in Buzios
I hope you got your umbrella and towel ready because you will be laying out on the beaches of Buzios before you know it! But first, keep your eyes open for that one hostel that will be your new home away from our list!
Best Overall Hostel in Buzios – Yolo Hostel Buzios
– Weekly Events
Swimming pool, parties, drinks, games, and food, what more could you ask of your hostel? Yolo Hostel has made a name for itself in Buzios as not only having some of the craziest parties in town, but also the cheapest beds. With weekly barbecues and parties, you will always find something going on at the hostel. Even though you can always go out to eat or drink, the real excitement is found at Yolo Hostel! When you have had your fill of hitting the dance floor, you will probably want to head to the beach. Your hostel will just be a short walk away from the gorgeous Geriba and Ferradurinha Beaches!
Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Buzios – El Misti Hostel Buzios
– Swimming Pool
– Breakfast – 12 BRL
After being on the road for awhile, you will probably want to find a nice cheap hostel where you can kick back and hang out with other travelers. El Misti Hostel will put you up in one of the most sociable places in Buzios! With its swimming pool, cafe, and weekly parties, there is no better place to get out there and chat with other backpackers. If you are wanting to go out to explore, you will find that some of the best restaurants and bars are right by El Misti Hostel! Top it off with having a cafe serving up a delicious breakfast every morning, there is no better place to call home while staying in Buzios!
Best Cheap Hostel in Buzios – Che Lagarto Hostel
– Shared Kitchen
When traveling on a shoestring, you will want to save every nickel and dime to stay on the road for as long as possible. Che Lagarto Hostel will have you doing just that by putting you up in the cheapest beds in all of Buzios! At this backpacker’s hostel you get so much more than just a cheap place to rest your head, you will also be hanging out on the sunny terrace, tacking a dip in the pool, and cooking up dinner in the shared kitchen. If you are feeling a bit lazy and not wanting to go out, Che Lagarto Hostel even has its own cafe serving breakfast! With a location close to all the best shops and beaches, this is one hostel that checks all the boxes!
Best Hostel for Couples in Buzios – Art Beach Hostel
– Shared Kitchen
– Breakfast Not Included
If you have been traveling on the road for a while as a couple, you will eventually want to ditch the backpacker’s dorm rooms and cozy up into your own cozy nook for some much needed alone time. Art Beach Hostel will bring you the best of both worlds with its cheap private rooms and all the best vibes of a hostel. When you aren’t relaxing in comfort in bed, you will find that there is tons of room to spread out and be social if the mood should strike you. With its very own garden and lounge, Art Beach Hostel is the perfect place to call home and reignite that flame of romance in Buzios!
The GRAYL GEOPRESS water bottle is the ONLY all-in-one filter water bottle setup you'll need. Whether you need to purify the water from a hostel sink in Kathmandu or a stream trickle in the Andes, the Geopress has got you covered. Check out our full review here for more convincing.
Best Party Hostel in Buzios – Numa Boa Hostel
– Swimming Pool
– Breakfast Not Included
The one the big takeaways you will have after traveling in Brazil is that Brazilians love to party! There is no better place to experience a classic Brazil style party in Buzios than the Numa Boa Hostel! Putting you right smack in between all the best beaches such as Geriba Beach and some of the best restaurants and bars in town, you could not ask for a better place to base yourself out of. But it is not what is outside the hostel that will blow you away, Numa Boa Hostel’s swimming pool, garden, games, and the lively bar are what will have you extending you stay night after night to keep the party rolling!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Buzios – Bamboo Buzios Hostel
– Breakfast Included
We know all you digital nomads out there will need to find a nice quiet hostel to catch up on some writing and editing, so why wouldn’t you want to open that laptop in view of the breathtaking Buzios beaches and coastline? Bamboo Buzios Hostel will have you doing just that by having you get to work on the terrace or balcony with stunning views of the golden beaches and tranquil blue waters. Complete with its very own cafe and bar, you will not have to take a break for too long before diving back into your blog or vlog. Top it off with having breakfast served every morning, you will have everything you need to get your work done and get back to adventuring!
More of the Best Hostels in Buzios
– Breakfast Included
As you may have already guessed, Local Friend is a backpacker’s hostel that will make you feel like part of the family and out meeting the other backpacker’s in the inviting garden and relaxing lounges. With some of the cheapest dorm beds in all of Buzios, Local Friend’s laid back atmosphere makes this hostel worth every penny. Get ready to be hopping out of bed every morning to grab some breakfast at the cafe and lounging about in the living room chatting with other backpackers while sipping on wine, Local Friend is all about kicking back and socializing!
What to Pack for your Buzios Hostel
Pants, socks, underwear… Here are some other items you might not have thought to pack.
1. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Having your own towel on your travels is a game changer. The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is perfect for travellers who are looking for a lightweight, quick-drying and extremely soft option. The antibacterial material is super water-absorbent and resists odor buildup because of its antimicrobial material. Ain’t technology cool?
2. Playing Cards: These waterproof cards are essential kit for every backpacker. Play by the pool, beach or at your hostel after a long day with travel buds, without your cards breaking or getting soaked. And once you pull out those cards, the chance that you’ll be the hero of the night is pretty high (no promises though).
3. Power Bank: Probably one of the most important travel accessories – a decent power bank. Charging your phone up to 5 times in a row, the Anker Power Bank is a true lifesaver on long adventures or bus rides. Slick looking, handy and not too big, it easily fits in even the smallest travel bag or your pocket. Charge 2 devices at the same time with the double USB port.
4. Headphone Splitter: Don’t be those awkward people sharing one earbud on the bus, as you show off your in-depth music knowledge to your new friend. A headphone splitter is a great item to bring traveling, it works fantastic on those long bus rides or easy dorm Netflix nights when you want to relax and connect with someone.
5. Active Roots Water Bottle: Sturdy and durable, the Active Roots water bottle survives the roughest adventures while keeping your drink cold or hot for at least 24 hours. Vacuum-sealed and made from stainless steel, the bottle can fit 25oz, which is plenty to keep you hydrated. Super cool bonus: the bottle isn’t just super useful, it helps to reduce the single-use plastic waste – save the planet by filling up your bottle.
6. Padlock: Theft happens in hostels, so keep a padlock to clip on your locker. This padlock can also double to keep your pack shut while in-transit. No need for keys (which can easily be lost or stolen too), you just have to remember a three-digit number to unlock your travel essentials.
More Epic Hostels in Brazil and South America
Hopefully by now you’ve found the perfect hostel for your upcoming trip to Buzios.
Planning an epic trip all across Brazil or even South America itself?
Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
For more cool hostel guides around South America, check out:
Why you should travel to Buzios
Buzios has plenty of hostels to choose from! With you classic laid back social hostels to your crazy party hostels, you are bound to find that one stay that fits how you like to travel and make your adventure to Buzios truly one for the books!
Are you still a bit unsure on which hostel to book into? We can totally relate, let us help you get moving in the right direction. For that one hostel that checks all the boxes, look no further than Yolo Hostel Buzios, our pick for the best hostel in Buzios!
Over to you
From coastal jungle hikes to laying out soaking up the sun on the beach, there are so many different ways to experience and enjoy Buzios! Be sure to put this hotspot on your backpacking Brazil list. With great surfing, diving, and paddleboarding, you will always have your choice of taking out to the waves or spending a lazy day out on the beach. No matter how you like to travel, Buzios has something to make you fall in love with this tropical paradise!
The only thing that might be able to top the beaches in Buzios is all the amazing hostels found within this city! You will be getting so much more than just a cheap place to rest your head, with restaurants, bars, and parties all found behind their doors, the biggest adventure is within the hostel itself!
If you have ever traveled to Buzios we would love to hear about your trip! Let us know in the comments below if missed and great hostels in Buzios!
And don’t forget to sort your travel insurance before heading to Buzios! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads, our favorite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Do you own or run a kick ass hostel? Want to be featured in this list? Get in touch at [email protected]
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep the site going.