Probably the most famous destination in all of Slovenia, Lake Bled – and the main town on its shores (called Bled) – is a picturesque, outdoorsy gem of a place that’s also oozing with history: think castle and old town. Perfect.
It’s almost like a Centre Parcs, but it’s actually not been manufactured – this is real life nature and real life people who love to go out in it. And it’s not just the lake: the Julian Alps are a stone’s throw from this natural wonderland.
But the lake itself is pretty big, where on earth are you going to stay? Do you wanna party, do outdoor activities, or just wanna chill?
Well, we got you. No worries. We’ve made a list of the best hostels in Lake Bled and categorised them to make life easy for you when you need to decide on a hostel that suits you.
So let’s see what hostels this cool destination has in store!
Table of Contents
Quick answer: The Best Hostels in Lake Bled
- Best Overall Hostel in Lake Bled – 1A Adventure Hostel Lake Bled
- Best Party Hostel in Lake Bled – Back Hostel & Bar
- Best Hostel for Solo Travellers in Lake Bled – Jazz Hostel & Apartments
- Best Cheap Hostel in Lake Bled – Bled Hostel
- Best Hostel for Couples in Lake Bled – Hostellier
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Lake Bled – Castle House 1004 Bled
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Lake Bled – Garden House Bled
Best Hostels in Lake Bled
Best Overall Hostel in Lake Bled – 1A Adventure Hostel Lake Bled
– FREE Shuttle Bus
Located inside an old monastery, which already makes this into one of the coolest hostels in Lake Bled, this is a pretty nifty hangout for backpackers and travellers. It’s a pretty big building with a lot of rooms and a decent sized homely communal kitchen.
The location of this place is also great, btw. It’s really near the international train station and has a free daily shuttle to Bled. Anyway, this place really IS an adventure hostel, as the name suggests: you can arrange loads of activities like canoeing, rafting, etc. and then drink some beer on the terrace afterwards. Yep, definitely the best overall hostel in Lake Bled.
Best Party Hostel in Lake Bled – Back Hostel & Bar
– No Curfew
– Outdoor Terrace
I mean, it’s got a bar. So you know you’re off to a good start at this Lake Bled backpackers hostel. The beer here is cheap, which is always something we can appreciate. Oh, and so is the wine, if you ain’t a beer fan.
So aside from the cheap drinks (love it), what makes this the best party hostel in Lake Bled is also a FUN atmosphere that brings adventurous travellers together from across Europe. That bar, btw, is very cool as well – all wooden and old world.
Best Hostel for Solo Travellers in Lake Bled – Jazz Hostel & Apartments
– Free Breakfast
This top hostel in Lake Bled is situated in a chilled part of town, pretty close to the lake, making it not only easy to get around but a decent place to just, y’know… wander about and explore the town.
BBQs, super friendly staff (complete with tips on local restaurants), a “legend” of an owner, a vibey, friendly atmosphere – all of this adds up to what we’d say is the best hostel for solo travellers in Lake Bled. Oh and the breakfast here is totally free.
Best Cheap Hostel in Lake Bled – Bled Hostel
– Bicycle Hire
Wanna keep to your backpacking budget when you’re travelling around Europe (or just to this place)? Then you definitely should stay at this happy little hostel. This budget hostel in Lake Bled is cheap, clean, and offers up parties, chill time, adventure time… you name it.
People from all over the world stay here, making it pretty interesting to get chatting to fellow guests. Value for money really makes this the best cheap hostel in Lake Bled. Bonus: ask behind the bar for a treasure map, rent a car and prepare for one the best days travelling EVER. (It’s a secret!)
Best Hostel for Couples in Lake Bled – Hostellier
– Communal Kitchen
– Bicycle Hire
This award-winning place is run by hosts that put in literally so much effort to make sure guests have a great time. The location is perf, just 10 mins from the lake itself, and comes complete with a garden that you can enjoy, we dunno, chilling in with your partner.
We say this is the best hostel for couples because of these things, yes, but it’s also got some super sweet private rooms. They’re cute, wooden floors, rustic decor, views of mountains across the treetops. Staying here is so much more than just staying in a Lake Bled backpackers hostel, that’s for sure.
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Lake Bled – Castle House 1004 Bled
– Sundeck (With Mountain Views)
Set in the old part o’ town close to the castle, staying at this best hostel for digital nomads in Lake Bled means comfortable beds, clean surroundings, a relaxing vibe, and a big old sundeck where you can tap away on your laptop with mountain views. Dreamy.
They have a focus on treating peeps with kindness, which is something we can definitely get behind, and they really want to create a stress-free environment so you can enjoy your trip. Stress-free is great if you need to do a spot of remote working, too.
Best Hostel with a Private Room in Lake Bled – Garden House Bled
– Cable TV
– Free Parking
Oh man, the private rooms at this top hostel in Bled are super cute. Decorated in repurposed wood, clean muted tones, cute slogans on the wall, old desks, parquet floor – you get the gist. It’s pretty much one of the coolest hostels in Lake Bled, design wise.
Even though this place is super chic, it still has a fun hostel atmosphere, which is why it’s our top pick for the best hostel with a private room in Lake Bled. There’s even a private Finnish sauna to try out here. Like, seriously. How cool does that sound?! Lil’ pricey for a backpacking budget though.
More Best Hostels In Lake Bled
– Outdoor Terrace
– Luggage Storage
It might lack some of the hostel charms that some of the other Lake Bled backpackers hostels seem to have, but it does offer a clean, warm and safe place to sleep. It’s compact and pretty basic, however, it’s also located in the centre of Bled meaning you’ll get to explore this charming town easily.
The staff here are professional but also welcoming, which is a definite plus especially if you’re travelling by yourself. There’s also a big ol’ garden where you can kick a ball about, or have a go at some other games. Pretty solid choice. Cheap, too.
– Board Games
– Outdoor Terrace
– Bicycle Hire
Just down the road from the bus stop – and very near the lake – you could say that this recommended hostel in Lake Bled has the perfect location: there’s also a supermarket and laundry place next door (perfect for those administration/chore days we all know about).
The big kitchen here means you can actually have more than one person cooking at any one time, which helps eliminate annoying queues for cooking space when you’re getting ultra hangry.
– Communal Kitchen
– Outdoor Terrace
– Wheelchair Friendly
Is it an actual traveller’s haven though? Yeah. It’s not a party hostel, sure, but not everyone wants to go crazy in the same place they have to sleep – plus there’s a pub down the road that’s open till late. It’s also one of the best hostels in Lake Bled for solo travellers.
The staff are super friendly and helpful and make that magic atmosphere happen that’s great for meeting and mingling with fellow travellers. You know the drill. There’s a kitchen, great for keeping costs down. And for anyone worried about cleanliness, the showers at this budget Lake Bled hostel are sparkling.
What to Pack for your Lake Bled Hostel
Here’s some gear our editors take hostelling.
1. Headphone Splitter: Don’t be those awkward people sharing one earbud on the bus, as you show off your in-depth music knowledge to your new friend. A headphone splitter is a great item to bring traveling, it works fantastic on those long bus rides or easy dorm Netflix nights when you want to relax and connect with someone.
2. Playing Cards: Name your ideal night: I’m for a few cheap beers and some card games. Oh, and you don’t even have to be drinking to enjoy a game – having cards with you traveling definitely helps out on those long airplane or beach days! Make sure to snag a waterproof deck to protect from the pool, ocean or Chang.
3. TRTL Travel Pillow: Nothing is worse than a sleep-deprived and grumpy backpacker. Do yourself a favour and get some decent rest with this comfortable TRTL travel pillow. The ergonomic design (fancy!) makes it possible to sleep upright, which can be a real struggle with normal neck pillows. Having this cool pillow makes long bus rides or flights way more enjoyable – and who knows, maybe you’ll even be looking forward to it next time. If so, leave those guys a good review.
4. Active Roots Toiletry Bag: Your toothpaste is lost in the depths of your backpack again? You won’t have this problem with the Active Roots Toiletry bag. The bag is made from a durable, water-resistant material, which can be a lifesaver on long travels. Super cool bonus: for every purchase, the company donates to an environmentally-friendly charity – it’s a win-win situation for everyone.
5. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Having your own towel is a must when traveling since most hostels don’t provide them. Plus as a backpacker, use of a towel will extend further than just showers, it’s a minimalist yoga towel and a great beach blanket/towel combo! The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is really the best solution for backpacking.
6. Sea to Summit Travel Soap: Soap can be very useful on long travels, but it’s hard to carry around. It might get taken off you at the airport or leak in your backpack. This Sea to Summit Travel Soap is the perfect solution for every backpacker with a thought for hygiene. The dry soap is super handy, and it definitely won’t leak (there’s nothing to leak). One box contains 50 leaves of soap, making sure that you’ll be clean, even on longer adventures.
Why you should travel to Lake Bled
Now you know all there is to know about the best hostels in Lake Bled.
And what a selection! Some of these places have literally THE most friendly and helpful staff who’ll help you have an amazing experience when you visit this magical location.
Plus if you fancy something a bit more upmarket, there are some pretty stunning private rooms on offer, too.
But since all of the top hostels in Lake Bled come pretty highly rated, you might not be able to decide on one for you!
And if that’s the case, don’t sweat it. We recommend 1A Adventure Hostel Lake Bled, easily our pick for the best overall hostel in Lake Bled.
Travel Safety Tips for Lake Bled
All you gotta do now is pack your swimming stuff and get ready for fun and adventure!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
More Epic Hostels in Slovenia and Europe
Hopefully by now you’ve found the perfect hostel for your upcoming trip to Lake Bled.
Planning an epic trip all across Slovenia or even Europe itself?
Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
For more cool hostel guides around Europe, check out:
- Best hostels in Ljubljana
- Best hostels in Vienna
- Best hostels in Zagreb
- Best hostels in Sarajevo
- Best hostels in Budapest
- Best hostels in Venice
Over to you
By now I hope our epic guide to the best hostels in Lake Bled has helped you choose the perfect hostel for your adventure!
If you think we’ve missed anything or have any further thoughts, hit us up in the comments!
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep the site going.
Need More Inspiration?
- Backpacking Europe Travel Guide: Itineraries, Travel Tips, & More
- 27 Unbelievable Party Hostels in Europe
- 15 Best Hostels in Ljubljana
Like this post? PIN ME!!!
Noodle addict. City dweller. Aaron Radcliffe is the marketing ninja for The Broke Backpacker, founder of Nomads Nation and Co-Founder of Ditch Your Desk.