Many of you have probably dreamed of laying out a towel on white-sand beaches, soaking up the sun, swimming in crystal clear water, and having a drink under a palm tree. Heaven exists on earth, and you can find it in Aruba!
Paradise comes with a price, Aruba as well known as a hot spot for luxury tourists and cruise ships. With a lack of hostels and budget hotels, backpackers would usually rethink their trip to Aruba.
That’s exactly why we made this guide! From the top backpacker’s hostels to cheap guesthouses, you can now find that perfect stay to suit how you like to travel!
You don’t have to shell out an arm and a leg to enjoy this tropical island. So we brought all the trendiest and cheapest hostels in Aruba to one place!
Quick answer: The Best Hostels in Aruba
- Overall Best Hostel in Aruba – Pista Q
- Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Aruba – Hostel Room Aruba
- Best Cheap Hostel in Aruba – Sue-Ann’s Dorm
- Best Hostel for Couples in Aruba – Kamerlingh Villa
- Best Party Hostel in Aruba – Aruba Harmony
The Best Hostels in Aruba
Here is a list of all the top hostels in Aruba. They are divided into different categories, so you can choose where to stay in Aruba based on your style, needs, and vibe!
Best Overall Hostel in Aruba – Pista Q
- Swimming Pool
- Shared Kitchen
In Aruba, you do not have a whole lot of backpackers hostels to choose from. Fortunately, Pista Q provides weary budget travelers with a relaxing tropical experience and a laid back atmosphere. With its very own swimming pool, shared kitchen, and lounge, this hostel is perfect for mixing with other travelers before hitting the beach!
Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Aruba – Hostel Room Aruba
- Bicycle Rentals
- Breakfast Not Included
- Shared Kitchen
Another one of the few places where you can find dorm beds in Aruba is the unassuming Hostel Room Aruba. Although the name is not very imaginative, this backpackers hostel makes for the perfect place to base yourself out of in Aruba!
Putting you in a laid back atmosphere with the backpackers vibes of hostel living, this is one of the only places in Aruba where a traveler will truly feel at home! With its bicycle rentals, garden, and location in the heart of Oranjestad, this hostel will put you just minutes away from all the best bars in restaurants in Aruba!
Best Cheap Hostel in Aruba – Sue-Ann’s Dorm
- Hidden Fees
Backpackers may get excited when they see that Sue-Ann’s Dorm offers some of the cheapest dorm beds in Aruba. But after calculating the extra charges and fees, the price ends up being the same as any other hostel in Aruba. With drinks and food served on the patio, there is no better place to call it a night than from this homestay! What you will fall in love with is the homey atmosphere, spacious garden, and artsy vibe of this BnB turned youth hostel!
Best Hostel for Couples in Aruba – Kamerlingh Villa
- Swimming Pool
- Outside of downtown Oranjestad
For just a couple of dollars more, you can upgrade from your dorm bed to a luxurious private room in your very own villa! Perfect for all you romantic travelers, this hotel will have you staying in one of the most relaxing and cheapest hotels in Aruba!
Looking to escape from the villa for a day? You will find that some of the most stunning beaches in Aruba are just a few minutes away! With a shared kitchen and a swimming pool, couples won’t be able to find a better place to cozy up for such a low price!
Best Party Hostel in Aruba – Aruba Harmony
- Breakfast – 10 $
- Swimming Pool
You may not be exactly swinging from the rafters every night at this backpackers hostel, but you will be found most days spent around the table cracking open a cold beer and chatting over delicious food. With its very own swimming pool and garden, being social is a big part of Aruba Harmony.
The relaxing laid back vibe of the hostel makes Aruba Harmony one of the best places on the island to just kick back make friends and meet other travelers! Top it off with excursions and car rentals, you will have an amazing experience both inside and outside your hostel!
Psst! Heading to a hostel? Don’t forget to pack a padlock! It’s well worth having one so you can secure your locker and protect your stuff!
More of the Best Hostels in Aruba
- Budget Hotel
- Free Airport Shuttle
If you are wanting to splurge a little for a private room but still wanting to save some money, Jade’s Oasis is a guesthouse that will give you a luxury experience while still providing you will a backpacker’s atmosphere. Complete with a fully equipped kitchen and coffee maker, you will have all the comforts of home right at your guesthouse! Although the beach is only 20 minutes away, you will find that Jade’s Oasis has its very own garden, swimming pool, and barbeque pit, giving travelers everything they need to truly enjoy island living!
- Breakfast Available
- Located on a Boat
Boat and Breakfast is everything you would imagine it would be. Putting you right in the harbor in Oranjestad, this homey and cozy boat will give you one of the most unique bed and breakfast stays in your life! With all the best bars and restaurants nearby, you will literally be staying in the heart of the city from your nautical home away from home! Looking for a little extra adventure? This BnB can also hook you up with snorkeling tours and hikes taking you to some of the most breathtaking parts of Aruba!
- Airport Pickup (additional charge)
- Shared Kitchen
This guesthouse will give you the same price as a budget backpackers hostel in Aruba, but with all the comfort of a hotel! What will really win you over is the spacious yet cozy rooms, complete with thoughtful touches that turn the house into a warm home. Located right by a bus stop and several markets, you will have all of the island laid out before your feet. While chilling at the hotel, you will feel right at home with the colorful decor and laid back vibes at this residential guesthouse!
Single-use plastic bottles are a huge threat to Marine Life – Be a part of the solution and travel with a filter water bottle.
The GRAYL GEOPRESS water bottle is the ONLY all-in-one filter water bottle setup you’ll need. Whether you need to purify the water from a hostel sink in Kathmandu or a stream trickle in the Andes, the Geopress has got you covered.
Read our full review of the GRAYL GEOPRESS!
- Swimming Pool
- No free breakfast
If you are a bit strapped on cash, this stay is one of the top budget hotels in Aruba! With its very own swimming pool and terrace, you will be having all the comfort of a luxury resort but for a fraction of the price! The owners will even bend over backward to make sure you have the time of your life at this guesthouse! With its cozy rooms and a location near several restaurants and markets, you could not ask for a better place to call home in Aruba!
- Located on a Farm
- No free breakfast
Aruba is not only luxury condos and lavash resorts. You can get a touch of the real-life on the island by staying at this boutique-style BnB on a farm in the countryside. Both quirky and trendy, this artsy stay off the beaten path will have you experiencing a totally different side of Aruba! Surrounded by all kinds of barn animals, your studio apartment is both cute and artsy. Putting you just 15 minutes away from the closest beach, this is one BnB stay on Aruba that you will dream of coming back to!
What to Pack for your Aruba Hostel
Here’s some gear our editors take hostelling.
1. Active Roots Toiletry Bag: The Active Roots Toiletry bag keeps all of your bathroom essential items organized instead of flowing around your backpack. Having everything handy and accessible in one water-resistant bag is a bathroom lifesaver. This toiletry bag also helps from being that embarrassed person walking back to the dorm room, in a towel, to grab forgotten shampoo.
2. Active Roots Water Bottle: Hostels are increasingly meeting backpackers’ demands for potable (drinkable) water. Now is better than ever to start traveling with a reusable water bottle! Aside from cutting down single-use plastic, The Active Roots stainless steel water bottle will also keep your favorite beverage hot or cold all day long and it’s sized perfectly to fit an entire bottle of wine. ‘Nuff said.
3. Universal Travel Adapter: Not every country has the same electrical plug style, so carry along a universal travel adapter. You’ll want one that covers varying voltage levels, has protection from power surges, a fried laptop is not fun, and enough ports so you don’t have to spend all day individually charging your devices.
4. TRTL Travel Pillow: Long flights and bus rides are quite uncomfortable (most obvious statement of the day). Most travel pillows… Well, you know how they are. TRTL travel pillow is different. I mean, look at it! It’ll cuddle you to sleep every ride and it does a pretty damn good job of supporting your neck so you don’t get that stiffness or legendary popping when you stir.
5. Padlock: Keep your stuff safe, guys. Unfortunately not all dorm lockers share the same security standard. You’ll want a lightweight lock that can fit all the various dorm lockers you’ll clip it to. Having a padlock that is flexible and can fit a variety of locker styles is the best way to make sure none of your belongings wander away while you are out.
6. Power Bank: Showing up to a new city, after a 14-hour bus ride, with a dead phone and no directions to your hostel is a half-awake, messy nightmare. Putting a good power bank in your pack is the best and easiest way to keep your important electronics charged up for those long travel and sightseeing days.
Suit up for the dorm adventures right with our essential hostel packing list; it’s got all the best idea on gadgets and gear to take.
Why you should travel to Aruba
Although there are tons of great hostels in Aruba, Pista Q is the one stay that outshines them all with its price, comfort, and overall experience! With its dorm rooms and youth hostel vibes, there is no better for backpackers to stay in Aruba!
Travel Safety Tips for Aruba
One last thing before we finish up concerning staying safe in Aruba. Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance before heading to Aruba!
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
If you’re not sure if they’re the right provider for you, then read our comprehensive review of World Nomads breaking down their plans and prices!
Over to you
From the poolside to the beach, you have tons of places to choose from when to comes to traveling Aruba on a budget! Although you only have a few hostels to choose from on the island, you still have tons of great guesthouses and BnBs that will make you vacation in Aruba truly one to remember!
Did we forget any great backpackers hostels in Aruba? Let us know in the comments below!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.