We created this guide for where to stay in Aruba, so you can focus more on your tan and less on trying to plan.
The tiny Caribbean nation of Aruba offers travelers beautiful turquoise waters, white-sand beaches, and a laidback atmosphere that only comes with good ol’ island living.
Although Aruba isn’t a large island, you want to make sure you pick the best place to stay on Aruba based on your interests!
Want to base yourself around the cultural sights and restaurants? How about say among tropical scenery?
Are you a diver? Party animal? Family? Traveling Aruba on a budget? No matter what you are looking for our guide will cover the best places to stay in Aruba for every type of traveler.
Table of Contents
- Quick Tips – Where to Stay in Aruba
- Where to Stay in Aruba
- Aruba Island Guide
- Aruba’s 5 Best Areas to Stay in
- 1. Oranjestad – Where to Stay in Aruba for the first time
- 2. Eagle Beach – Where to Stay in Aruba on a Budget
- 3. Palm Beach – Where to Stayi in Aruba for Nightlife
- 4. Arashi Beach – Where to Stay in Aruba for Diving
- 5. Palm Beach – Where to Stay in Aruba for Families
Quick Tips – Where to Stay in Aruba
- Where to stay in Aruba first time – Oranjestad
- Where to stay in Aruba on a budget – Eagle Beach
- Best area to stay in Aruba for nightlife – Palm Beach
- Coolest place to stay in Aruba – Arashi Beach
- Best neighborhood in Aruba for families – Palm Beach
- Spend a day on the sand at pleasant and pristine Surfside Beach
- Take a deep look at Aruba’s past at the National Archaeological Museum in Oranjestad
- Seek refuge in the shady at Wilhelmina Park
Looking for a specific place to stay? These are our recommendations for the best places to stay in Aruba.
Best Hostel in Aruba: Hostel Room Aruba
Hostel Room Aruba is the best hostel on the island. Just ten minutes from the centre of Oranjestad, this hostel is a short walk from the beach, public transit routes, grocery stores and more.
Featuring free wifi, air conditioning, and inexpensive onsite bike rentals, this hostel has everything guests could ever need, and more.
Best Hotel in Aruba: Wonders Boutique Hotel
Wonders Boutique Hotel is an adults-only establishment located less than two kilometres from Aruba’s capital city, Oranjestad.
With its relaxing garden and outdoor pool, you’ll feel surrounded by nature in this centrally situated hotel. Approximately 10 minutes to many of Aruba’s most famous beaches, this hotel is perfect for couples looking to enjoy a romantic vacation.
Best Airbnb in Aruba: Aruba Cottage Escape
Enjoy paradise from your very own, private Aruban cottage. Located near Arashi Beach in the Noord district, this cottage features a full kitchen, clean linens and is within walking distance of the area’s main attractions.
Enjoy a slice of paradise at this spacious and bright Aruba cottage escape.
Quick Summary: The Best Places to Stay in Aruba
|Check Top HostelCheck Top HotelCheck Top Airbnb|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top HotelCheck Top Airbnb|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top HotelCheck Top Airbnb|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top HotelCheck Top Airbnb|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top HotelCheck Top Airbnb|
Aruba is a small island in the Caribbean Sea. Located just 29 kilometres off the coast of Venezuela, this island is famous for its white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, and overall calm and tranquil atmosphere.
Covering 184 square kilometres, Aruba is home to approximately 100,000 people and is divided into six main districts. Each district is comprised of a number of cities which offer visitors unique attractions and activities.
Depending on the length of your visit, it’s entirely possible that you’ll be able to visit all areas of the island. However, if you’re pressed for time, we recommend you focus on two or three of the main areas for your trip.
To help you pick the best areas on Aruba for your visit, this guide breaks down the main attractions by interest.
Oranjestad is the capital and largest city in Aruba. This is where you’ll find many of the countries historical and cultural sights, colourful colonial houses, and delicious Caribbean restaurants.
Head north to the seaside areas of Eagle and Palm Beaches. These are Aruba’s main tourist destinations thanks to their white sand beaches, clear blue waters and stunning tropical scenery. Great for budget travellers, partygoers, and families alike, these two resort areas boast a number of Aruba’s main tourist attractions.
Continuing north is Arashi Beach. Stunningly beautiful but calmer than Eagle or Palm Beaches, this area is perfect for folks looking to lounge on the beach or explore the wonders below the waves.
Home to tropical fish, reefs and shipwrecks, this spot is a must visit for snorkelers, divers and swimmers.
Still not sure where to stay in Aruba? Read on because we’ve got you covered!
Aruba’s 5 Best Areas to Stay in
Aruba is a safe and small nation that can easily be explored by car or moped. The island is also serviced by the Arubus bus system which runs between Oranjestad and the northern tip of the island throughout the day. So, no matter where you stay you’ll be able to visit other neighbourhoods with relative ease.
While all of Aruba’s neighbourhoods are beautiful, some are better suited to specific interests.
Do you want to lounge on the beach and soak up the sun? Or, are you hoping to enjoy Aruba’s nightlife and dance under the stars? Perhaps you want to learn a new hobby and explore the depths of the Caribbean Sea.
All of these things are possible but will be made much easier if you’re in the right place.
Here are the five best areas in Aruba, broken down by interest.
Oranjestad is the capital city and the best place to stay in Aruba for first-timers. It is home to the shopping and entertainments centres of the island.
Here you’ll find upscale chain stores, street vendors and independent boutiques, as well as a wide variety of restaurants, casinos, dance clubs and bars.
Oranjestad is also where you’ll find Aruba’s cultural centre. The largest city on the island, Oranjestad is home to art galleries, historical sites and a number of interesting museums.
Stay in Oranjestad and enjoy the bright and colourful colonial houses and traditional Dutch architecture that make up this island city.
Top Things to do in Oranjestad
– Spend a day on the sand at pleasant and pristine Surfside Beach.
– Take a deep look at Aruba’s past at the National Archaeological Museum in Oranjestad.
– Kick off your holiday at the Bon Bini Festival, a weekly celebration with energetic dancers and energetic drummers that welcomes tourists to the city.
– Climb the 587 steps to the top of Hooiberg, a volcanic formation located outside of the city.
– Pat, play with and feed local donkeys at the Aruba Donkey Sanctuary in nearby Santa Cruz.
– Seek refuge in the shady at Wilhelmina Park.
– Explore Fort Zoutman, a former military fortification and the oldest building on the island of Aruba.
– Hike through the desert and see the Casibari Rock & Ayo Rock Formations, two very large and unique rock arrangements created by ancient volcanoes.
– Go shopping and browse the 60 shops, entertainment options and restaurants in Renaissance Mall.
– Rent-a-bike and explore the town on two wheels, seeing all the brightly coloured buildings and interesting architecture.
– Enjoy Oranjestad’s nightlife, centred along bustling and vibrant Lloyd G. Smith Boulevard.
Best Hostel in Oranjestad: Agua Clara Eco Suites
Eco-friendly and centrally located, Agua Clara Eco Suites is the best hostel in Oranjestad. Close to both nature and the city’s major tourist attractions, this hostel offers comfortable rooms, a year-round pool, relaxing atmosphere and free wifi.
Less than 20 minutes walk to the city, enjoy the best of Oranjestad at this charming hostel.
Best Hotel in Oranjestad: Wonders Boutique Hotel
This adults-only hotel is located less than two kilometres from Oranjestad city centre. With its relaxing garden and outdoor pool, you’ll feel surrounded by nature in this centrally situated hotel. Just 10 minutes to many of Aruba’s most famous beaches, this hotel is perfect for couples looking to enjoy a romantic getaway.
Best Airbnb in Oranjestad: Cozy Studio for 2
This recently renovated, modern one bed and bathroom studio has air conditioning and flatscreen smart tv’s. The apartment doesn’t have a kitchen but it’s located just 3 minutes walking to the beach and the Seaport Mall.
Eagle Beach is an idyllic Caribbean community with white sand beaches, turquoise waters and a laid-back attitude. Routinely ranked one of the top ten beaches in the world, Eagle Beach offers perfect conditions for swimming, powdery sand and a myriad of water activities to take part in.
Here you’ll find scenic piers, funky beach bars, quirky restaurants and low-rise hotels. Eagle Beach is also our top choice for where to stay in Aruba for budget travellers.
Centred between two high-rise communities, Eagle Beach is where you’ll find a wide range of accommodation options. Enjoy stunning beaches for a fraction of the price in this northwestern Aruban community.
Top Things to do in Eagle Beach
– Enjoy the turquoise waters and white powdery sand at this pristine beach.
– Test out a new water sport or activity, like parasailing or stand up paddleboarding, in these calm, clear waters.
– Walk along the more than three kilometres of interconnected beaches that make up the stunning Aruban north coast.
– Rent a hut and spend a day on the beach enjoying the Aruban heat and amazing views.
– Snap a picture of the famous fofoti tree, which points in the direction of the Caribbean.
– Pick up a racket and challenge a friend to a game of tennis on one of the beaches many courts.
– Go diving or snorkeling in the clear Caribbean waters, seeing colourful tropical fish swim about.
– Rent a catamaran or join a cruise and see this island paradise from a whole new angle.
– Enjoy a traditional Caribbean feast right on the beach at the famous Screaming Eagle restaurants.
Best Hostel in Eagle Beach: Aruba Harmony
The best budget accommodation is the Aruba Harmony located nearly 10 minutes drive from Eagle Beach.
Offering comfortable and clean hostel rooms, apartments and suites, these accommodations are ideal for travellers looking to stay in paradise without breaking the bank. Enjoy convenient access to supermarkets, beaches, nightlife and more.
Best Hotel in Eagle Beach: Aruba Blue Village Hotel and Apartments
This hotel is located just five minutes from Eagle Beach. Conveniently placed near restaurants and tourist sights, this hotel offers guests luxury at a reasonable price.
Each guestroom features its own private patio as well as air conditioning. Perfect for couples or families travelling on a budget.
Best Airbnb in Eagle Beach: Condo with sea view
A 5th floor apartment with stunning views of Eagle Beach. Perfect for 2 guests the condo has fast WIFI, one double bed with new orthopedic mattress, a marble bathroom, Apple TV and a fully equipped kitchen with a bar table.
Located along the northwest coast, Palm Beach is the life of Aruba’s party scene, and our pick for the best place to stay in Aruba for the best nightlife.
Six kilometres north of the capital, this area is where you’ll find many of Aruba’s high-rise hotels, famous casinos, and infamous bars and nightclubs. Whether you want to dance under the stars or enjoy a seaside cocktail, Palm Beach is where it’s at.
Palm Beach is also where you’ll find some of Aruba’s best food. From the traditional Caribbean to Afro-fusion, this community is where you can sip, sample and taste your way around the world.
Enjoy amazing views, delicious food, and nights you won’t soon forget in Palm Beach.
Top Things to do in Palm Beach
– Dance under the stars while listening to great music at Gusto Night Club Aruba. With a great atmosphere and half-priced drinks between 9 and 11, you won’t find a better night out on the island.
– Enjoy dinner and a show at the Aruba Sinatra Show, where you’ll hear the smooth sounds of artists like Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Harry Connick Jr, and more.
– Try your luck at one of Palm Beach’s many casinos.
– Laugh the night away at Aruba Ray’s Comedy Club.
– Enjoy cheap happy hour drinks, delicious Caribbean fare, and entertaining karaoke at Bungalow Beach Bar & Grill.
– Sing along to your favourite tunes as you cruise throughout the city on the Karaoke Party Bus.
– Dive beneath the waves and watch schools of colourful tropical fish swim by as you snorkel in Palm Beaches clear and calm waters.
– Enjoy craft beer and live music at Aruba’s only Wild West country bar, Saloon.
Best Hostel in Palm Beach: Aruba Sunflower Villa
Stay on the premises of a traditional Aruban home at Aruba Sunflower Villa. Less than a half-kilometre from the beach, these accommodations are within walking distance of Palm Beach’s key attractions and hottest nightlife spots. Comfortable and clean, you won’t find a better value in Palm Beach.
Best Hotel in Palm Beach: Palm Beach Retreat
Less than 10 minutes from the beach and at the centre of the action, this hotel is ideal for guests looking to enjoy a night on the town.
Clean, comfortable and conveniently located, this hotel is within walking distance of the Palm Beach strip, beach plaza and many of the area’s top attractions. With a large pool and gaming facilities, you won’t find a better hotel in Palm Beach.
Best Airbnb in Palm Beach: Caribbean beach loft for 2
Centrally located condo is perfect for guests who want to enjoy Aruba’s nightlife and entertainment. Guests have access to a fully fenced in one bedroom and bathroom corner property with every modern amenities you can imagine and a private pool.
Arashi Beach is a quiet and secluded beach on the northwestern coast of Aruba. Here you’ll enjoy all the perks of paradise without the overwhelming crowds. Soak up the sun and dig your toes in the sand on this serene and idyllic beach.
Arashi Beach is also one of Aruba’s top destinations for watersports enthusiasts. Just off the shores of this stunning Caribbean beach, you’ll find a world of wonder below the surface.
Beautiful reefs, tropical fish, and ominous shipwrecks call this area home, making it a must-see for anyone who enjoys snorkelling or diving beneath the waves.
Top Things to do in Arashi Beach
– Take a thrilling ride around Aruba’s north coast by embarking on an ATV tour.
– Visit Rancho La Ponderosa and explore the quality trails and enjoy the scenery on horseback.
– Go swimming at Boca California, one of Aruba’s best swimming spots.
– Dive beneath the waves and explore the Antilla, a German freighter sunk during World War II.
– Climb to the top of the California Lighthouse and take in the panoramic views of Aruba’s most northern point.
– Rest, relax and stare into the crystal clear waters of Malmok Beach.
– Visit the tiny Alto Vista Chapel (or Pilgrims Church) that stands high on a hill overlook Aruba.
– Play a round of 18 at Tierra del Sol 18, one of Noord’s premier golf courses.
– Enjoy beachside beverages and Aruban snacks at the Arashi Beach Shack.
Best Hostel in Arashi Beach: Aruba Sunflower Villa
The closest hostel to Arashi Beach is the Aruba Sunflower Villa locates south of the area near Plam Beach. Set on the premises of a traditional Aruban home, this accommodation is a seven-minute drive to Arashi Beach and surrounding area.
Comfortable and clean, you won’t find better budget accommodation in Arashi Beach.
Best Hotel in Arashi Beach: Beach House Aruba Apartments
Stay in paradise at Beach House Aruba Apartments in Arashi Beach. This aparthotel offers modern décor, private palm-roof terraces, and breathtaking views.
Located just a few minutes from the beach, this hotel is close to restaurants, bars, and most of Arashi Beach’s top attractions. Ideal for travellers interested in exploring northern Aruba.
Best Airbnb in Arashi Beach: Upscale 1 bedroom beachhouse
This upscale beach house is located in Aruba’s trendiest neighborhood. Perfect for 3 – 4 guests, the home has a fully-equipped kitchen with a gas cooker, 1 double bed and a sofa bed, 1 bathroom and access to a shared pool. The property is within walking distance Aruba’s hip shops and eateries.
Palm Beach is the most popular tourist destination in Aruba. Perfect for those looking for a night out, this seaside community is also ideal for families and travellers with small children.
Home to many of Aruba’s top resorts, this area boasts a number of kid-friendly attractions. From Butterfly farms to pirate adventures, Palm beach has a myriad of activities to keep kids of all ages entertained.
The shallow waters of Palm Beach also make it an attractive destination for families. Take part in a variety of watersport in these calm and turquoise waters.
Whether you want to learn to snorkel or simply play in the waves, Palm Beach is perfect for swimmers of all ages and abilities.
Top Things do in Palm Beach
– Explore Bubali Bird Sanctuary, a centrally located wetland preserve that is home to more than 80 species of migratory birds.
– Relax on the beach and play in the pristine sand at Palm, Eagle or Hanicurari Beach.
– Wander through a tropical garden and see butterflies from all around the world at Butterfly Farm. Take a guided tour and learn all about their habits and life cycles.
– Get up close and personal with creepy, cuddly, and crawly creatures at Philips Animal Garden.
– Make your way down the Lazy River, a long, flowing pool, at Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club.
– Run, jump, splash, and play in the warm turquoise waters of Palm Beach.
– Head inside for an afternoon of bowling, laughs and family fun at Dream Bowl Aruba.
– Learn to surf, standup paddleboard or snorkel in these tranquil, clear waters.
– Enjoy delicious, healthy and kid-approved treats at Eduardo’s Beach Shack.
Best Hostel in Palm Beach: Punto Di Oro Apartment
Punto Di Oro Apartment is the perfect budget accommodation for families in Palm Beach. A 10-minute drive from the beach and Palm Beach’s main attractions, this aparthotel is well situated near public transit, restaurants and other amenities.
Each apartment features a kitchenette, dining area and private patio. With access to the outdoor pool, you won’t want to stay anywhere else in Palm Beach.
Best Hotel in Palm Beach: Pauline’s Apartment
Bright, spacious and impossibly cool, Pauline’s Apartment is the best hotel for families in Palm Beach. Just 15-minutes from Palm Beach’s shops, restaurants, and attractions, this hotel couldn’t be better situated.
Enjoy furnished patios, garden views, and an outdoor swimming pool at this charming aparthotel.
Best Airbnb in Palm Beach: Spacious 2 bedroom Villa
Perfect for up to 4 guests, this house is the ideal choice for families and groups of friends looking to feel at home. The master bedroom has 1 queen size bed,and the second bedroom has 2 single beds. Among other amenities, the house also has 2 bathrooms and a y equipped kitchen. The host provides cots, baby seats, beach chairs and coolers upon request.
Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Aruba
Voted one of the sunniest islands with amazing beaches, Aruba is just what the doctor ordered: a little Vitamin D, salt water, and ultimate relaxation.
The list of things to do in Aruba goes on, though no one will blame you for lying a beach witha good book for a week straight. Just make sure you have an amazing place to walk back to and rest up for the next day. If you’re still not sure where to stay in Aruba, we highly recommend Hostel Room Aruba its convenient location.
If you are looking for a bit more privacy mwith a relaxing garden and outdoor pool, adults should opt for Wonders Boutique Hotel.
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
Do you own or run a kick ass hostel? Want to be featured in this list? Get in touch at email@example.com
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep the site going.
Need More Inspiration?!
- Backpacking South America Travel Guide
- Backpacking in Venezuela
- Backpacking Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Backpacking Mexico Travel Guide
Liked this Post? Pin below!