The oasis of Huacachina is one of the most popular places in Peru. And it’s hardly a surprise! Hidden away behind the sand dunes near Ica, this stunning town is home to a beautiful lagoon right in the middle of the desert! But that’s not all, with awesome sandboarding and a whole load of other activities on offer, you’re guaranteed to have a great time!
Now that you’ve added it to your Peru itinerary, it’s time to check out where to stay in Huacachina. Even though it’s small, you’ve got a lot of choices when it comes to hostels. We’ve broken them down based on your interests and budgets and focused on what matters when it comes to having an awesome experience at the oasis and making the most of your trip to Huacachina!
To get the best of Huacahina, you need to be in a hostel that caters to your needs and won’t break the banks. So, let’s jump in and check out the best hostels in Huacachina!
Table of Contents
Quick Answer: The Best Hostels in Huacachina
- Overall Best Hostel in Huacachina – Banana’s Adventure
- Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Huacachina – Hostal Huacachina Sunset
- Best Cheap Hostel in Huacachina – The New Desert Nights Hostel
- Best Hostel for Couples in Huacachina – The Upcycled Hostel
- Best Party Hostel in Huacachina – Wild Rover Huacachina
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Huacachina – La Casa de Bamboo
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Huacachina – El Boulevard
Best Hostels in Huacachina
Overall Best Hostel in Huacachina – Banana’s Adventure
- Swimming Pool
- Two Rooftop terraces
- Dune Buggy rides and sandboarding
Let’s kick off our list with the top hostel in Huacachina! Whether you want to relax, party, or get some adrenaline flowing with the awesome activities around the oasis, this awesome place has you covered. If you’re travelling solo, it won’t take you long to meet other travellers and come out of your shell – the hostel offers BBQ dinners, pisco and wine tasting experiences at nearby wineries, and dune buggy tours. And of course, there’s sandboarding too! After all of that, you’ll probably want to chill out. Where better to do that than around the hostel pool or in a hammock with a view of the Huacachina Lagoon?!
Best Hostel for Solo Travelers in Huacachina – Hostal Huacachina Sunset
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Book Exchange
- Board Games
Travelling solo? There are plenty of great Huacachina backpackers hostels, but we like Hostal Huacachina Sunset. You’re sure to make some friends in a mixed dorm for up to ten guests! It caters to every kind of solo traveller too. Outgoing and like a drink? Head to the bar. The quiet and shy type who wants a little me-time? Pick something up from the book exchange and relax in the comfy common room. For those who want to get better at sandboarding, there are some free to rent which you can take out on the dunes at the back of the hostel! Just make sure you have your complimentary breakfast first to get your energy up!
Best Cheap Hostel in Huacachina – The New Desert Nights Hostel
- Great location
- Restaurant with Buffet lunch
- Friendly Staff
Looking for a budget hostel in Huacachina? Let us show you The New Desert Nights Hostel. You might be worried that you’ll miss out on all the fun if you pick a cheaper hostel, but that’s not the case here. The only thing you’ll miss out on is a complimentary breakfast, but the other pluses will quickly help you forget about that. You can pick between chilling in the large courtyard or on the roof terrace with a beautiful view of the Huacachina Dunes! If you’ve got a quiet day planned, head to the hostel restaurant for a traditional Peruvian buffet lunch!
Best Hostel for Couples in Huacachina – The Upcycled Hostel
- Free Breakfast
- Swimming Pool
- Cool Décor
If you’re travelling with your other half, the thought of a sweaty, smelly, and noisy dorm might not match your idea of a good time. But don’t worry! Not only is this the coolest hostel in Huacachina, it offers double bed private rooms with a shared bathroom. That should mean you and your loved one get the privacy and space you want without having to give up on the awesome hostel vibe. The Upcycled Hostel will feel like a home away from home and you’ll end up whiling away the hours around the pool and in the outdoor common area!
Best Party Hostel in Huacachina – Wild Rover Huacachina
- Pool Parties
- Pool Tables
- Pod Style Dorms
If you’ve never travelled in South America before, you won’t have been introduced to the legendary Wild Rover Hostel chain… but it should be your first stop if you want to get your party on. But it’s not just the wild nights out that make this such a top hostel in Huacachina. You’ve got a great bar with tasty local and international food. So, if you’re missing your favourite dish that you mum cooks you, order it straight to your sunlounger by the pool! If you’re looking for something a bit more active, play a game of pool or check out the daily social events!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Huacachina – La Casa de Bamboo
- Café with homecooked food
- Quiet and Peaceful
- Private rooms available
Looking for a recommended hostel in Huacachina for digital nomads? La Casa de Bamboo is the polar opposite of the Wild Rover above. The quiet and peaceful traditional Peruvian homely hostel is perfect if you’re looking for a good night’s sleep and somewhere you can work away uninterrupted. If working in your room isn’t an option, park yourself in the cafe where you can get local Peruvian coffee or some great vegetarian food. For those who want their own space to work, there are private rooms available too for a very reasonable price!
Best Hostel with a Private Room in Huacachina – El Boulevard
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Swimming Pool
- Great location
Last but not least on our list of the best hostels in Huacachina is the awesome El Boulevard. It offers double bedrooms and four bed privates, so it’s perfect for a couple, or a group of friends or family! There are a load of freebies on offer here – a swimming pool, breakfast, Wi-Fi, and sandboards! If that’s not enough, there are great activities on offer. As well as dune buggies and sandboarding, you can easily visit the nearby nature reserve of Paracas – a must for outdoor enthusiasts and animal lovers! You won’t be disappointed!
What to Pack for your Huacachina Hostel
We don’t often travel without these essentials.
1. Power Bank: Showing up to a new city, after a 14-hour bus ride, with a dead phone and no directions to your hostel is a half-awake, messy nightmare. Putting a good power bank in your pack is the best and easiest way to keep your important electronics charged up for those long travel and sightseeing days.
2. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Quick-drying, lightweight, super soft and compact – the Active Roots Microfiber Towel is essential for every backpacker. No need to use the scabby towels your hostel may or may not provide! Use it for drying off, as a yoga towel or even as a picnic blanket – the options don’t stop here. Made of antibacterial material, you don’t have to worry about your towel starting to smell unpleasant either after lots of use.
3. Universal Travel Adapter: Not every country has the same electrical plug style, so carry along a universal travel adapter. You’ll want one that covers varying voltage levels, has protection from power surges, a fried laptop is not fun, and enough ports so you don’t have to spend all day individually charging your devices.
4. TRTL Travel Pillow: Get rid of the red eyes and yawning with this TRTL travel pillow. It’s not just a normal neck pillow (I mean, look at it!), the ergonomic design gives your neck and head so much comfortable support that you’ll actually be able to have some decent rest. Super easy to carry and clean, it takes up so little space compared to a traditional travel pillow.
5. Active Roots Water Bottle: Sturdy and durable, the Active Roots water bottle survives the roughest adventures while keeping your drink cold or hot for at least 24 hours. Vacuum-sealed and made from stainless steel, the bottle can fit 25oz, which is plenty to keep you hydrated. Super cool bonus: the bottle isn’t just super useful, it helps to reduce the single-use plastic waste – save the planet by filling up your bottle.
6. Noise-Cancelling Earbuds: These simple earbuds will help you out. Keeping out most of the surrounding sounds, you can either choose to listen to some relaxing music or no sound at all while falling asleep. This can be a life-saver in some unexpected party hostels. Make sure you’re well-rested for the next adventures!
Final Thoughts on the best hostels in Huacachina
So, that’s all from our list of the best hostels in Huacachina. No matter what you want from a hostel, you’re bound to find it here. Swimming pools, sandboarding, and wild nights out are just part and parcel of Huacachina life!
We hope you’re not overwhelmed by how many great hostels there are in Huacachina. If that’s the case, just go for our top hostel in Huacachina – Banana’s Adventure. It’s got a great combination of value, style, and awesome reviews!
Now that we’ve helped you plan your trip a little better, all that’s left is for us to wish you an incredible vacation in Huacachina. We hope you have a great time backpacking Peru!
And don’t forget to sort your travel insurance before heading to Huacachina! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads, our favorite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Do you own an awesome hostel, hotel or apartment? Want to be featured in our list? Email [email protected] to find out how.
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep the site going.
Need More Inspiration?
Like this post? PIN ME!!!
Noodle addict. City dweller. Aaron Radcliffe is the marketing ninja for The Broke Backpacker, founder of Nomads Nation and Co-Founder of Ditch Your Desk.