Da Lat is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Vietnam – and this article will show you exactly why! Da Lat is the capital of Lam Dong Province in Vietnam and is found in the central highlands region of this beautiful country!
With a population of just under half a million, this city is bustling, but still has the advantage of beautiful surroundings outside of the urban area.
With so much on offer, it can be quite overwhelming when trying to decide where to stay in Da Lat.
But with our easy, step-by-step guide, you’ll find the best areas to stay in George Town to meet your interests and budget!
Without further ado, here’s our guide to where to stay in Da Lat, Vietnam.
Quick Tips: Where to Stay in Da Lat
- Where to stay in Da Lat for your first time: City Centre
- Where to stay in Da Lat on a budget: Mai Anh Dao
- Where to stay in Da Lat for nightlife: Phuong 3
- Coolest place to stay in Da Lat: French Quarter
- Where to stay in Da Lat for families: Tuyen Lam Lake
- Make sure you take home the perfect souvenir with a visit to the Salat Center Market!
- If you want a bit of culture and a great view, head to Linh Son Pagoda.
- For you adrenaline junkies out there, why not head to Crazy Wave Fun Zone!
Table of Contents
- Where to Stay in Da Lat
- Da Lat Neighborhood Guide
- 5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Da Lat
- #1 City Centre – Best Place to Stay in Da Lat for Your First Time
- #2 Mai Anh Dao – Best Place to Stay in Da Lat on a Budget
- #3 Phuong 3 – Best Place to Stay In Da Lat for Nightlife
- #4 French Quarter – Coolest Place to Stay in Da Lat
- #5 Tuyen Lam Lake – Best Place to Stay in Da Lat For Families
Looking for a specific stay? These are our highest recommendations for places to stay in Da Lat…
Best Hostel in Da Lat: Cozy Nook Hostel
This hostel is right in the heart of the city of Da Lat and is the best place to stay in Da Lat for travelling groups of all shapes and sizes! Whether you’re planning an adventure-packed trip with a large group of friends or going it solo, you’ll find a warm welcome at Cozy Nook!
Having been built by the owners, it’s a family-run business with friendly staff willing to guide you around this amazing place. There’s free WiFi, a laundry service and free parking!View on HostelWorld
Best Airbnb in Da Lat: Tiny House by the lake
This Airbnb is special for many reasons, but mostly because it was nominated for a Traveller’s Choice Award! It is unique, spacious, stylish and conveniently situated!
Run by a superhost, it is also listed as a unique stay, and it’s clear to see why! It is set in a quintessentially Vietnamese neighbourhood and house, with all the amenities you could hope for to make your stay relaxing and stress-free!View on Airbnb
Best Hotel in Da Lat: Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel
As the only five star hotel in Da Lat city centre, this really is the best place to stay in Da Lat if you’re looking for somewhere luxurious! With decadent furnishings and affluent décor, a stay at the Dalat Place Heritage Hotel really will be a stay fit for kings and queens!
There are rooms of all shapes and sizes, a gym and even a limo service so you can travel into town in style! It’s also super convenient, within walking distance of some of Da Lat’s top attractions, especially those found in the French Quarter!View on Booking.com
Quick Summary: The Best Places to Stay in Da Lat
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
Mai Anh Dao
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
Tuyen Lam Lake
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
With so much history, culture and scenery to enjoy, Da Lat is one of the best places to visit in Vietnam!
5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Da Lat
Da Lat is famous for many things. It has beautiful and varied plant life throughout the year because of its temperate weather, in contrast to Vietnam’s otherwise tropical climate.
Mist covering the valleys almost all year round has led to its colloquial name of “City of Eternal Spring”.
If you’re an architecture lover, there’s plenty to enjoy in Da Lat. The best place to stay in Da Lat to get your fill of amazing buildings is the city centre, where you’ll find all the most attractive historical landmarks.
If you’re looking to find the trendiest parts of the city, head to the French Quarter! The French built a resort centre in this region in the late 19th century, and its history has stayed in the area.
There’s plenty of restaurants, theme parks and flower gardens to enjoy in this area, as well as neighborhoods all over Da Lat.
As well as its rich culture, Da Lat enjoys some astoundingly beautiful surroundings It’s located on the Langbian Plateau, dotted with lakes and valleys.
The best place to stay in Da Lat to enjoy these features are Man Anh Dao and Tuyen Lam Lake, both of which offer loads of outdoor activities for you to get involved with!
Da Lat is also a really easy place to get to! It has its very own main railway station which makes traveling to other areas and cities in Vietnam a snap.
There are also two airports very close to the centre of the city: Lien Khuong Airport and Cam Ly Airport, so getting here will never be an issue.
The city centre of Da Lat has modernised with its growth, but also retained its historical beauty and French influences. There’s plenty of culture to soak up in the centre of town, whether it’s from Da Lat’s colonial history or its Buddhist routes.
There’s plenty of opportunities to get to know the city through its urban abundance, but there are also loads of green space to just get away from it all for a while!
Things to See and Do in City Centre:
– If you want a bit of culture and a great view, head to Linh Son Pagoda. It’s a beautiful hilltop temple where you can find a bit of tranquillity!
– Why not see the city from the beautiful waters of Xuan Huong Lake? Take a boat ride or just walk the perimeter of this stunning lake!
– Make sure you take home the perfect souvenir with a visit to the Salat Center Market!
– If you fancy venturing out of the city, head to Viet Challenge Tours which will take you on a stunning hike out to the Heaven Gate Trail!
– For you adrenaline junkies out there, why not head to Crazy Wave Fun Zone! A brilliant amusement park right in the centre of the city.
– San Golf Da Lat is the best place to visit in Da Lat if you’re into your sport? It’s luxurious, excellent quality and a great place to learn a new skill if you’re new to the green!
Best Hostel in Da Lat City Centre: Mr Rot’s Secret Stay
This hostel is definitely a rare find! Mr Rot himself runs this hostel, which has been newly renovated to cater for all travellers’ needs. He even runs his own “secret tour” of the city and speaks four different languages!
Conveniently located right next to the lake, there’s breath-taking views just a short walk away.View on HostelWorld
Best Airbnb in Da Lat City Centre: Nui’s Corner
This quirky flat is full of character without missing out on the modern style and amenities which make your stay so relaxing. It’s right in the middle of the city, and close to attractions such as Dalat Market.
Enjoy a drink on the balcony in the evening and a stroll in the quaint little garden in the morning!View on Airbnb
Best Hotel in Da Lat City Centre: Lamarque Dalat Villa
An outdoor pool, beautifully decorated rooms and splendid grounds – what more could you want from a hotel slap bang in the middle of Da Lat city centre? We think this is the best place to stay in the city centre, for many reasons.
It’s conveniently located at the northern end of the centre, so you can get a bit of peace without being too far away from the action.View on Booking.com
To the north-west of the Da Lat is Mai Anh Dao. This is the perfect place to find low-cost or even free things to do in and around the city, without sacrificing on fun! There’s so much beauty in the nature surrounding Da Lat and it can all be enjoyed at very little expense.
With so much beautiful (and free) nature to experience, this is the perfect part of Da Lat for adventure-seeking backpacker types exploring Vietnam on a budget. This is the best place to stay in Da Lat if you love being outdoors, with plenty of hiking and water sports available for you to try out!
Things to See and Do in Mai Anh Dao:
– For a bit of romance, head to the Valley of Love! Set beside a beautiful lake, there’s artwork, ornate gardens and even swan-shaped boats!
– If you’re a nature lover, Dream Hill is the perfect theme park! There’s a golden waterfall, an ancient Vietnamese house, and flower gardens galore for you to enjoy!
– If you love hiking, take a trip out to Lang Biang Peak. You’re sure to find a beautiful view from the top, overlooking the city of Da Lat.
– Take a day trip out to Dankia Lake Golden Stream, which is becoming one of the most amazing tourist destinations in the region! There’s an amazing network of walkways and bridges for you to enjoy the stunning views.
– For a bit of fun, head out to ZooDoo Zoo. There’s hundreds of animals, a hydrangea garden and a gorgeous coffee garden!
Best Hostel in Mai Anh Dao: Eco-Dream Farmstay
This is a brand new hostel which offers a quaint, unique stay for those of you who love the great outdoors! Most of the rooms have balconies for you to enjoy the staggering scenery surrounding the farm stay.
You’re still only 5km from the centre of Da Lat, and you can enjoy a free breakfast before embarking on your adventures in this exciting area of Da Lat!View on HostelWorld
Best Airbnb in Mai Anh Dao: La maison a Dalat
This is a modern and spacious mini villa with a relaxed and trendy feel. Run by a superhost, you’ll have all your needs catered for at a perfectly reasonable price. There’s a front and back garden for you enjoy the mild Da Lat weather in!View on Airbnb
Best Hotel in Mai Anh Dao: Ladalat Hotel
If you enjoy the great outdoors, but don’t want to sacrifice comfort when looking for where to stay in Da Lat, look no further than this hotel. Complete with an indoor pool, sauna and restaurant, this is the perfect place to return to after a day of hiking or other outdoor activities.
There’s free WiFi, a gym and an amazing dining space. So all your needs are catered for in this gorgeous hotel!View on Booking.com
Da Lat isn’t just known for its history and scenery. The nightlife in Da Lat is one of the most attractive things about it to its many visitors every year. The best place to stay in Da Lat is Phuong 3 if you’re planning a trip filled with partying!
However, if you want to party but also soak in some Vietnamese culture, there’s still loads to do in this vibrant neighbourhood!
Things to See and Do in Phuong 3:
– If you want to nurse a hangover, the best place to visit in Phuong 3 is Dalat’s Flower Park. It’s mellow, expansive and even has a yearly festival!
– The Maze Bar is one of the trendiest joints in town! It does what it says on the tin – with stairs and passageways all over the place – it’s easy to get lost!
– Vuon Yen Coffee is the perfect place to visit in Da Lat if you want a drink with an amazing view! This rooftop, Japanese themed coffee place is beautiful, peaceful and cosy!
– If you’re into crazy architecture, look no further than the locally named Crazy House! Designed by a famous Vietnamese architect, it’s like something out of a fairy tale and definitely worth a visit.
– For a bit of peace and serenity, take a trip to Domaine de Marie. It’s a tranquil pink church with some amazing gardens!
– If you enjoy a night out but want to try some local brews and wines, head out to the Vinh Tien Winery. You’ll find some amazing local wines, as well as some teas if you’d rather go alcohol-free!
Best Hostel in Phuong 3: Little Ant Home
You can probably tell from its name that even out of Da Lat’s many incredible hostels, this is no ordinary hostel! It’s quirky, bright and fun, so perfect for those who love partying and letting loose!
The staff are super friendly and there’s free, strong WiFi so you can keep in touch with all your friends while you’re away! With a 24 hour reception, it’s a perfect base if you plan on seeing the wonders of Da Lat at night!View on HostelWorld
Best Airbnb in Phuong 3: 4 Bedroom Tree House Central Da Lat City
This is the best Airbnb in Phuong 3 if you’re fun-loving and up for something a little different! Yes- it really is a treehouse in a beautifully serene setting surrounded by trees and fields! It’s the perfect place to relax after a night in the city centre!
There’s a balcony for you to soak in the sun and scenery that will surround you. As it’s quite a large place, there’s plenty of room to have friends to stay or have a party yourself!View on Airbnb
Best Hotel in Phuong 3: Saigon Dalat Hotel
Saigon Dalat Hotel is the best place to stay in Da Lat if you love partying but also want to relax and unwind! Work off any sore heads with the onsite indoor pool, gym and hot tub, and enjoy excellent food from the restaurant.
There’s an airport shuttle, so it’s easily accessible. It boasts stylish décor and a wonderful location, making your stay easy and convenient!View on Booking.com
We think the French Quarter is the coolest place to stay in Da Lat for many reasons. Most of all, the architecture is stunning, ranging from traditional Vietnamese to French villas – there really is something for everyone!
The French Quarter is also known for its restaurants and cafes – there’s simply hundreds to choose from!
This area will cater for everyone’s tastes, whether you’re active or want to experience some Vietnamese art and music – there’s something here for you!
Things to See and Do in French Quarter:
– If you like something a little arty, head to Lam Vien Square, with an interesting park and some great shopping opportunities too!
– You might be thinking that “The Chicken Church” is a strange name for Da Lat’s cathedral, but it really is a sight to behold! It’s 20th-century architecture is fascinating and it’s free to get in!
– For some great live music, head on over to the Diem Xua Live Music Café for your fill of some Vietnamese culture!
– Looking for the best view of Da Lat? The Da Lat Cable Car Station is the best way to get a good look at this beautiful city and the surrounding countryside.
– If you want to work on your zen and get a little more flexible, head to the Sivananda Yoga Center!
Best Hostel in French Quarter: Oriana Villa Da Lat
Cosy, friendly and relaxed. This is the best place to stay in the French Quarter if you want to enjoy true Vietnamese hospitality without having to break the bank.
It has a fantastic location really close to the centre of Da Lat, and offers a BBQ every night and a breakfast every morning. This is the best place to stay in Da Lat if you’re keen on meeting and mixing with other travellers!View on HostelWorld
Best Airbnb in French Quarter: Charming Green Vibe Villa in the heart of Da Lat
If you choose this Airbnb, you’ll be throwing yourself into what it means to be in the French Quarter! This is a charming French villa, sticking out like a beautiful flower from the more modern, greyer architecture surrounding it!
With a quaint and peaceful garden and beautiful period features inside, it really is a unique find!View on Airbnb
Best Hotel in French Quarter: Dalat Train Villa
This is a quirky and authentic Vietnamese stay, with some fantastic décor and interesting paintings. With a restaurant on site, as well as free parking and a complimentary breakfast, there’s not a thing you could want for!
Its location is super convenient, allowing you to be able to walk to all of French Quarter’s top attractions!View on Booking.com
If you’re looking for family fun on your getaway, Tuyen Lam Lake offers a plethora of activities for you to try out and get involved with! Lakeside activities are constantly on offer for kids of all ages to enjoy!
There’s also the chance to take the kids to learn more about Da Lat with some great cultural tourist attractions dotted around too!
Although a little south of the city centre, the scenery is so stunning and you’re not too far from the action of the bustling centre of Da Lat.
Things to See and Do in Tuyen Lam Lake:
– Da Lat’s sculpture clay tunnel is the perfect place to see some fascinating sculptures – some are even a little scary!
– Take the kids on an amazing cable car ride with breath-taking views overlooking Prenn Falls! There’s even a rickety ladder up to a treehouse!
– This may sound bizarre, but one of the most popular places to visit in Da Lat is its Chicken Village! You’ll be surrounded by poultry and there’s even a huge chicken statue! Bizarre but beautiful!
– Why not find your zen with a trip to the Truc Lam Zen Monastery? A place to escape from the hustle and bustle and relax!
– Datanla Waterfall is the best place to visit in Tuyen Lam Lake if you want your fill of natural beauty!
Best Hostel in Tuyen Lam Lake: The Lake House Da Lat
This is the essence of tranquillity! You’ll be within touching distance of the natural beauty of Tuyen Lam Lake in this hostel, and all without having to break the bank!
This is the best place to stay in Da Lat if you want to be cosy, peaceful and relaxed! There’s a motorbike and scooter to hire if you fancy a bit of an adrenaline rush, but there’s also a gorgeous monastery nearby if you want to find your zen.View on HostelWorld
Best Airbnb in Tayun Lam Lake: Villa Hortensia
If you want your own lakeside space, look no further than Villa Hortensia! It is modern and stylish, combining the classic French style of the area with a more contemporary finish.
With extraordinary lake and forest views, you can enjoy the beauty of this neighbourhood from the very moment you wake up!View on Airbnb
Best Hotel in Tayun Lam Lake: Da Lat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa
Nothing says luxury and tranquillity like this resort and spa! With amazing features like a cinema room, indoor pool, balconies and a rooftop bar, you need not leave the site at all! If you want to, however, the beauties of the lake are close at hand and easy to enjoy!
There’s too many facilities at this hotel to list and although you will be paying slightly more, it will 100% be worth it!View on Booking.com
Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Da Lat
Amazing scenery, lakeside activities and a whole host of culture and history to learn about. It comes as no surprise that Da Lat is the perfect place to visit for all ages!
Da Lat city centre is the best place to stay in Da Lat for your first time. You can learn all you like about the city past and present, as well as enjoying some of the most beautiful parks in Vietnam!
For a bit of a treat, why not stay at Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel? It encapsulates the authentic Da Lat architecture but has all the modern aspects you’d expect for a luxurious stay.
If you are travelling on a budget, then we recommend Cozy Nook Hostel – it does what it says on the tin!
While Vietnam is safe to travel, it’s super important to make sure you get travel insurance!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below! Otherwise, enjoy your travels!
Do you own an awesome hostel, hotel or apartment? Want to be featured in our list? Email [email protected] to find out how.
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going.
Need More Inspiration?
- Backpacking Southeast Asia
- Vietnam Travel Packing Checklist
- Da Nang’s Best Hostels Roundup
- Where to Stay in Nha Trang
- Top Backpacker Accommodations in Hoi An
Like this post? PIN ME!!!
Writer and Editor, Ana Pereira is a California native, inspired by Earth exploration and introspection. Recently, she spent several months exploring Africa and South Asia. She spends most of her “down-time” out in the wilderness, climbing, hiking, and beyond, and is feverishly passionate about travel and health.