Jackson Hole is a wild and wonderful area of Wyoming, personified by its huge mountains and winding rivers.
Whether you want a relaxing week in the sunshine and countryside, or ana action-packed adventure filled with adrenaline, Jackson Hole has something for you!
With so much on offer, it can be quite overwhelming when trying to decide where to stay in Jackson Hole.
But with our easy, step-by-step guide, you’ll find the best areas to stay in Jackson Hole to meet your interests and budget!
Without further ado, here’s our guide to where to stay in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Quick Tips: Where to Stay in Jackson Hole
- Where to stay in Jackson Hole for your first time: Jackson
- Where to stay in Jackson Hole on a budget: South Park
- Coolest place to stay in Jackson Hole: Teton Village
- Where to stay in Jackson Hole for families: Grand Teton National Park
- Do you want to have a bit of childish fun? Then head to Cowboy Coaster at Snow King Mountain.
- With a stay in Jackson, you’ll be on the doorstep of the Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone National Park.
- Jackson Hole is famous for its natural beauty, and the best place to see this is by hiking.
Looking for a specific stay? These are our highest recommendations for places to stay in Jackson Hole…
Best Airbnb in Jackson Hole: Outpost: Mountain Top Lodge
This exquisite lodge is picture-perfect for your stay in Jackson Hole. Overlooking the incredible mountains and the surrounding valley, you can sit in your hot tub and breathe in the mountain air.
This is a huge space, sleeping up to 10, so bring your friends for the perfect holiday!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Jackson Hole: Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch
This is the best way to stay in an authentic, rustic American ranch without breaking the bank or emptying your pockets! Located to the north of Jackson Hole, this is a lovely resort where you’ll get your own cabin at a range of different prices!
There is an onsite restaurant, as well as a 24-hour front desk and free parking for your convenience!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Luxury Hotel in Jackson Hole: The Wort Hotel
Located in the best place to stay in Jackson Hole for the first time, Jackson, this hotel has everything you could need! A traditional American bar, gym, function areas and beautifully furnished rooms!
There’s a hot tub where you can relax and enjoy the views of the mountains, as well as a brilliant onsite restaurant!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Quick Summary: The Best Places to Stay in Jackson Hole
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
Grand Teton National Park
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
Jackson Hole is a truly unique place where you can go on some once in a lifetime adventures. It is a valley situated between the Teton Mountain Range and the Gros Ventre Range in Wyoming, very close to the border with Idaho.
The valley boasts some of the most incredible views in Wyoming State, and it’s a haven for all kinds of wildlife, from elk to beavers!
Historically, the valley was sacred to Native Americans and became a settlement in the 1870s, and with the internationally famous Yellowstone National Park situated to the north, it’s not a surprise that it’s so popular with tourists!
If you’re looking for exciting, bustling cities, Jackson Hole isn’t the place for you. Although there are some settlements, the valley is largely untouched so that its outstanding natural beauty can shine through.
However, this doesn’t mean there isn’t any civilization. Our best place to stay in Jackson Hole for your first time is the town of Jackson which offers some lovely cafes, restaurants, and bars, as well as fascinating museums teaching you about the local area!
Another settlement we recommend is Teton Village, which is the coolest place to stay in Jackson Hole. Primarily serving as a ski village it’s the perfect place to take on the slopes. But don’t worry, there’s plenty to do other than ski if you’re not a fan of snow!
For families, the Grand Teton National Park is the best place to stay in Jackson Hole. With so much wildlife at your doorstep and so many ways in which to see it, this is the best way to have some quality time with the kids whilst keeping them entertained!
Jackson Hole doesn’t have to be for people with lots of money though, you can still travel here without breaking the bank. By heading to the less-visited South Park you’ll still be close to all of the valley’s greatest attractions without paying the inflated tourist prices.
You might have seen Jackson Hole before, as it has been a popular spot for filmmakers around the world! Whether it’s Django Unchained, The Mountain Men or The Big Trail, Jackson Hole is well known among film stars and fans!
Getting here isn’t too tricky. Although remote, there are plenty of roads through the valley and buses run between the settlements dotted along it. Jackson Hole Airport is also nearby if you’re coming from far away!
4 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Jackson Hole
With so much history, culture and scenery to enjoy, Jackson Hole is one of the best places to visit in Wyoming!
Jackson is the primary town in this beautiful valley and is the perfect place to stay to feel close to nature but not too far away from civilization! Not only are there plenty of options for comfortable accommodation and local cuisine, but this is also the best place to stay to learn about the Jackson Hole Valley itself.
With local museums, nature reserves and visitor centers, you’ll be an expert by the time you leave!
Things to See and Do in Jackson:
– Do you want to have a bit of childish fun? Then head to Cowboy Coaster at Snow King Mountain, where you’ll not only find an amazing ski resort, but also a fun-filled amusement park! The ride itself is almost a mile long and is not for the faint-hearted!
– To truly get to know the social significance of Jackson Hole, head to the Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum! It’s a locally run museum offering some fascinating exhibits as well as some guided walking tours around the town!
– With a stay in Jackson, you’ll be on the doorstep of the Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone National Park. Before you venture into the park, be sure to visit its amazing visitor center, so you know what you’re looking at!
– Want to make some furry friends? Head to the National Elk Refuge, where you’ll find not just elk, but all kinds of native species! If you’re coming in the winter, you’ll see the elk herding and might even be able to grab a sleigh ride!
– Jackson Hole is famous for its natural beauty, and the best place to see this is by hiking. So why not set out along the Cache Creek Trailhead, which will lead you into the mountains alongside a gorgeous river!
Best Airbnb in Jackson: Pitchfork 456
This delightful apartment if the perfect base for your adventures in and around Jackson. With a real fire in the corner of your room, you can warm up after a day on the slopes and enjoy a snuggle on the sofa in front of the telly. Owned by a superhost, you know you’re in for a top-quality stay here!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Jackson: The Lexington at Jackson Hole
This hotel is convenient, popular and has been voted Jackson’s best economy hotel! It’s the best option if you want to visit this brilliant town without having to break the bank!
With an indoor pool, hot tub and TVs in every room, this hotel has its fair share of luxury without the huge prices!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Luxury Hotel in Jackson: Inn on the Creek
If you want to stay in an authentic American inn, then this is the place for you. Cute, cozy and comfortable, with real fires and fur duvets, you’ll be able to snuggle up here after a day of skiing or hiking!
With a complimentary breakfast, hot tub access and an awesome restaurant – what more could you want?VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Slightly south of the main tourist area of Jackson Hole is South Park. If you follow the devious yet dazzling Snake River downwards, you’ll come across this lovely neighborhood which is easily accessible but also gorgeous secluded.
Most of the activities in this area are fairly active, so make sure you’re up for some adventures if you choose to stay here!
Things to See and Do in South Park:
– Venture out into the mountains from this area, and if you’re feeling very ambitious, head to Snow King Mountain, one of the highest peaks in this area and also a great place for skiing.
– Want to catch your dinner? Why not try your hand on a fishing trip along the Snake River! This beautiful River has so many twists and turns it can get quite confusing, but don’t worry. You’ll have an experienced guide to take you through and hopefully, you’ll have caught some fish by the end!
– More water sports here, and this time they’re a bit rougher! If you don’t get seasick then have a go at white water rafting along Snake River’s rapids!
– Travel downriver to Hoback, where you’ll find the High Mountain Heli-Skiing Resort – great for trying your skiing skills away from the main tourist area.
Best Airbnb in South Park: South Park Ranch
This ranch house is elegant, contemporary and stylish, with period features complemented by modern twists. From the large picture windows, you’ll enjoy fantastic views of the Teton mountains and the location also gives you easy access to them!
With 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, there’ll be no arguing over the shower and each of the rooms are spacious and comfortable!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in South Park: Motel 6 Jackson Wy
This familiar chain of motels is the perfect slice of home away from home, where you’ll find a reliable and friendly service. With an outdoor pool on offer and modern, spacious rooms, you’ll not want to leave!
The location gives you great access to the whole of Jackson Hole, and there’s free Wi-Fi too!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Luxury Hotel in South Park: Super 8 by Wyndham Jackson Hole
Huge beds, spacious rooms and a traditional communal area – you’ll feel like a proper local here! There’s a complimentary breakfast and superfast Wi-Fi, so you can fuel up for and plan your trips all from your hotel room!
With a range of room sizes and prices, you’ll be sure to find the perfect one for you!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Based at the foot of some of the largest mountains in the area, Teton Village is a great place not only to enjoy some outdoor activities but also to specialize after a day of skiing or hiking. There are some great restaurants and even a concert hall where you might catch some incredible performances!
If you’d rather avoid the slopes, there’s plenty of options too, whether you fancy a swim or a spot of golf!
Things to See and Do in Teton Village:
– Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is a popular ski and snowboard haven! It’s relatively challenging terrain, so probably best for those of you who are more experienced. If you’re not into skiing, you can just hitch a ride on the cable car and take in the beautiful views!
– Fancy yourself a bit of a golfer? Then I challenge you to find a country club with better views than Teton Pines. Tee off overlooking snow-topped mountains and ancient forests!
– If you’re into hiking, there are plenty of peaks for you to take on: Rendezvous Peak, Taylor Mountain and Housetop Mountain! You can also take a trek up to Phelps Lake, a hidden, huge lake deep in the mountains!
– Teton Village has its very own music hall – Grand Teton Musical Festival Hall, so make sure you check out the program to see what they have on during your stay!
Best Airbnb in Teton Village: Condo by Moose Creek
This charming apartment overlooks the mountains and is part of a lovely community atmosphere. Accessible by a lift, you won’t have to work your weary legs after a long hike or ski and the flat is just 60 yards from the tram to take you to the mountainside!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Teton Village: The Alpenhof
This reasonably priced but wonderful hotel has so many facilities on offer, you won’t want to get up in the morning! Large rooms from which you can see breath-taking views, an outdoor pool and a hot tub, there’s so much on offer!
The rooms are decorated to make you feel like you’re in the alps, and they’re super cosy too!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Luxury Hotel in Teton Village: Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa
This hotel is nicknamed ‘a noble house resort’ and it’s easy to see why because this hotel is fit for queens! There’s huge social spaces for you to enjoy a fabulous meal and drink after a hard day’s ski, or if you’d rather avoid the slopes, spend the day in the luxurious spa! The options are endless!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
A holiday in Jackson Hole wouldn’t be complete without a visit to its main attraction: Grand Teton National Park. This park offers the chance to hone some new skills as well as see some amazing wildlife and nature.
This is the perfect chance to get the family together for some quality time in some breath-taking spots!
Things to See and Do in Grand Teton National Park:
– Take the family for a fantastic day out on a safari-like tour of Grand Teton! You’ll see all manner of wildlife depending on the season and some breath-taking views exclusive to this tour as it’s run by locals who know this park like the back of their hand!
– For a bit of culture, head to the National Museum of Wildlife Art. 14 galleries are featuring over five thousand works from artists from America and Europe!
– Inspired by the above museum, there’s also the opportunity to take a tour of Grand Teton with the sole intention of capturing some amazing sights. The Grand Teton National Park Photography Tour will take you to waterfalls, lakes, and geysers and is led by highly skilled photographers willing to share their secrets!
– If you head north to the Jackson Lake, you can enjoy some amazing views from a variety of brilliant trails, like the Lakeshore Trail or the Hermitage Point Trailhead! A great way for the family to enjoy some quality time together and see some amazing sights!
Best Airbnb in Grand Teton National Park: Craighead Cabin at Moose
If you want seclusion, this is the place for you. Be at one with nature and take in the stunning views across the valley right on your doorstep. Simply furnished but with plenty of space, this cabin is perfect if you want lots of quality time with each other as a family without distractions from technology!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Grand Teton National Park: Jackson Lake Lodge
This lovely hotel overlooks the beautiful Jackson Lake, which is a central part of the Grand Teton National Park! Perfect for families, there’s loads of communal areas, where you can enjoy a relax by a fire or a great meal! There’s even a small outdoor pool in the garden!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Luxury Hotel in Grand Teton National Park: Jenny Lake Lodge
This traditional hotel is the perfect place to bring the family if you want an authentically American stay. With taxidermy donning the walls of the bar and wooden beams galore, you’ll feel like a proper local in this delightful space!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Jackson Hole
Stunning scenery, a range of adventurous activities and fascinating history to learn about. It comes as no surprise that Jackson Hole is the perfect place to visit for all ages!
Jackson is the best place to stay in Jackson Hole for your first time – the main town to learn all about your surroundings!
for a bit of a treat, why not stay at The Wort Hotel? It’s the best place to stay in Jackson Hole to be centrally located and relaxed!
If you are traveling on a budget, then we recommend Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch – comfortable and convenient!
Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below! Otherwise, enjoy your travels!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Do you own an awesome hostel, hotel or apartment? Want to be featured in our list? Email [email protected] to find out how.
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going.