A former fishing village, Kuta has all the charms of a quiet seaside resort with all the excitement of a bustling city! It has the perfect balance of urban and rural, so you can pick and choose what kind of trip you want. Aside from this, there is also an awesome range of accommodation for you to choose from here, handpicked by us!
Whether you’re looking for an adventure or a relaxing retreat, there’s something in Kuta for everyone!
With so much on offer, it can be quite overwhelming when trying to decide where to stay in Kuta.
But with our easy, step-by-step guide, you’ll find the best areas to stay in Kuta to meet your interests and budget!
Without further ado, here’s our guide to where to stay in Kuta, Bali.
Quick Tips: Where to Stay in Kuta
- Where to stay in Kuta for your first time – Kuta Beach
- Where to stay in Kuta on a budget – Legian
- Best place to stay in Kuta for families – Tuban
- Pay your respects at the elegant Ground Zero memorial
- Take a stroll down the beachfront to Kuta’s famous Arts Markets
- Head to the heart of this amazing town at Kuta Square
A lot of Bali backpackers come to Kuta looking for fun. Are you one of them? Looking for a specific stay? These are our highest recommendations for places to stay in Kuta …
Best Hostel in Kuta: Budha’s Guest House
This is a bright and fun hostel with free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour desk to keep your trip convenient and stress-free. All of the rooms have balconies or patios and even TVs, so this is a great luxury for a fraction of the price of a hotel!
For more fantastic places to stay, head over to our comprehensive review of the best hostels in Kuta before starting your backpacking adventure!VIEW ON HOSTELWORLD
Best Luxury Villa in Kuta: Villa Kali
Enjoy your own private space as you spend your stay in complete luxury. Relax by the pool, relax in the trendy kitchen or flop on your king-size bed. Elegantly decorated in monochrome, this is a contemporary spin on an old-fashioned villa perfect for a relaxing getaway!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Kuta: Padma Resort Legian
Overlook the ocean from your private balcony before heading down to a choice of two beautifully landscaped outdoor pools, where you can take a dip or simply take in the sun from poolside. There’s even a kid’s play area if you’re coming with the little ones and a choice of an Indonesian, Italian or Japanese restaurant!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Quick Summary: The Best Places to Stay in Kuta
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
Kuta is one of Bali’s most popular towns. Originally a modest fishing village, this town in the south of the Indonesian island has become one of Bali’s most famous tourist destinations and it’s easy to see why!
Famous for its fabulous beaches, breath-taking sunsets and brilliant part scene, there is something for everyone here, no matter who you’re travelling with, how well you know the area or what your budget is! Being a town, there is just enough hustle and bustle to keep it an exciting place to be, without overwhelming you.
Kuta’s food is famous and there are so many places to sample it, as well as some brilliant art galleries showcasing the talents of local people.
If you’re visiting for the first time, then without a doubt you should stay in Kuta Beach. The beach is the main attraction of this beautiful town and so why wouldn’t’ you want to be as close to it as possible?
But if you want more than a beach for your trip, don’t worry. Kuta Beach is also home to the world-famous Bali Sea Turtle Society, where you can help with their important conservation work, and you can take a stroll around the Kuta Arts Markets, known for their vibrancy and colours!
Don’t have a large budget? Don’t panic. We’ve got you covered. Seminyak is a neighbourhood is a little north of the centre of the town, but it is by no means any less exciting or interesting.
Eat Street is a brilliant road lined with local restaurants and bistros for you to try some local food, and there are art galleries galore for you to explore!
Planning to go away with the kids? This can be super stressful, especially when there are so many people to take account of! But don’t worry, Tuban is the best place for you to stay if you’re coming with the family.
There are waterparks for you to go to if you’re a family of thrill-seekers, amazing boat trips to explore the local area and brilliant shopping facilities for you to find the perfect souvenir to take back with you.
Kuta can be really easily accessed no matter how far you’re coming from. Ngurah Rai International Airport is very close, to the south of the town, so you need only a short bus or taxi ride to get into the centre of Kuta!
If Kuta is a bit too lively for your tastes, then you can consider finding accommodation in Canggu instead for a similar but quieter vibe.
3 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Kuta
With so much history, culture and scenery to enjoy, Kuta is one of the best places to visit in Bali!
Kuta Beach is the centre point of this beautiful town. Known for its incredible sunsets, vibrancy and amazing shopping, this really is the hub of Kuta! If you’re visiting this place for the first time, look no further.
Take a bathe in the aqua blue sea, stroll around the markets or even save the life of a sea turtle – the choice is yours!
Things to See and Do in Kuta Beach:
– Of course, you simply can’t come to Kuta without spending a lazy afternoon on Kuta Beach. It’s a hive of activity and beautifully relaxing. Famous for its sunsets, come here in the evening to see this beach’s full potential!
– Pay your respects at the elegant Ground Zero memorial, in memory of the terrorist attack which took place in 2002.
– Have a picture with a huge seat turtle and even help to restore one to its home of the ocean with a visit to the Bali Sea Turtle Society!
– Take a stroll down the beachfront to Kuta’s famous Arts Markets. They’re vibrant, eclectic and the perfect place to pick up a souvenir from your travels!
– Head to the heart of this amazing town at Kuta Square, where you’ll find plenty of local. shops, restaurants and cafes! the perfect place to get an Insta snap!
Best Guesthouse in Kuta Beach: Perfect Place to stay in Kuta
This is a delightful guesthouse offering room with incredible views and great comfort. Spend your day soaking in the sun by the infinity pool overlooking the sea, and grab an evening bite at the rooftop restaurant!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Villa in Kuta Beach: Poppies Cottage
If you’re looking for something authentic, look no further than Poppies Cottage. This is one of four charming renovated traditional Balinese cottages. The perfect mixture of rustic and modern, they have been beautifully restored to be comfortable and contemporary without losing their chintzy charm.VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Hotel in Kuta Beach: Grand Inna Kuta Beach
This is a fun and charming hotel, ready to cater for your every need. There’s a shared outdoor pool for you to enjoy, or you can head down to the beach, which is just a 1-minute walk away. There are loads of different dining options and free breakfast for you to fuel up before your explorations!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Just because you’re travelling on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t have your fair share of fun, culture and excitement in Kuta! In fact, we’ve found the perfect neighbourhood for you to do all of these things!
Take a look at ancient temples, take on the waves of the ocean or explore some of Bali’s best food outlets in the fascinating side streets of Legian. Just a little north fo the centre of town, it’s less visited by tourists which only makes it more interesting!
Things to See and Do in Legian:
– Known for its surfing is Legian Beach. 3 kilometres of great waves – grab a board and have a go!
– Legian has loads of brilliant local art galleries – why not check some of them out? We recommend the Nacivet Art Gallery, the Positive Negative Visual Gallery and the Nyaman Gallery.
– Want to try some delicious local food? Head to Eat Street, the ultimate place in Kuta to find mouth-watering local cuisine!
– Petitenget Temple is a great example of Kuta’s fascinating historical prominence. Learn a bit of history by having a look around.
– Capoeira is Bali’s traditional style of music and you can have a go at making some yourself at Capoeira Bali!
Best Hostel in Legian: Borough Capsule Hostel
This is a simple, yet charming hostel where you’ll want for nothing. You can be shuttled to and from the airport easily, and you’ll enjoy your own personal space in an air-conditioned capsule with a light and Wi-Fi access! There’s even a sun deck for you to soak up some rays on a sunny evening.VIEW ON HOSTELWORLD
Best Villa in Legian: 2-bed private villa
This large villa will cater for you and any friends you’re travelling with easily, and at a really reasonable price! You’ll have a small pool in your garden and you’ll be just a five to ten-minute walk from Legian Beach if you’re looking to enjoy some water sports. Every room has a balcony and a flat-screen TV too.VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best All-Inclusive Villa in Legian: The Chand’s Boutique Villas Batu Belig
These villas are pure luxury: butler service is available as you relax in your own private terrace overlooking Petitenget Beach. You’ll be just 750 yards away from attractions such as Petitenget Temple and free Wi-Fi means you’ll be able to plan your trip with ease.VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Taking the kids on a family holiday can be a stressful thing to organise, but that’s why we’ve done it for you! Tuban is just a little south of the centre of Kuta, meaning you’re out of the hustle and bustle but it’s nice and close to the airport so easily accessed!
Beaches, shopping malls and waterparks are what characterise this neighbourhood. Whether you want to go adventuring, relaxing on the beach or if you’re shopping-mad, there’s something for everyone here!
Things to See and Do in Tuban:
– Take the kids on a family adventure to Waterbom Bali. Set in almost 4 hectares of tropical park, throw yourself down waterslides and take on some brilliant rides to get your fill of thrills!
– Tuban beach isn’t just a fantastic place for you to unwind while the kids make sandcastles and play in the shallows. It’s also a fantastic place to find some great food! Lined with pop up restaurants and cafes, you can get your fill of local cuisine with one of the best views to get in Kuta!
– All aboard one of Eka Jaya Fast Boats, which will take you from Padangbai to the Gili Islands which are just off the coast. It’s the best way to see the magnificent coast of Kuta with the children!
– If you want to find the perfect souvenir to take back home with you, look no further than the Discovery Mall. As one of the first Beach Malls in the world, you can dry off from your ocean swim and enjoy a bit of shopping before grabbing a bite to eat!
Best Villa in Tuban: The Surya Kuta Villa
Just 500m away from the Discovery Mall is this delightful and cosy villa, perfect for a small family getaway. There’s a small swimming pool out the back, perfect for small kids to enjoy and the decor is contemporary and modern.VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Luxury Villa in Tuban: Lovely 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom villa
This is an enormous villa, so it’s perfect if you’re planning a large family getaway with the extended gang! Just a five-minute walk to Waterbom Bali, you’ll be really close to amazing attractions, but remember, you have a large outdoor pool to yourselves and a gorgeous living and dining area to enjoy a family meal together.VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Tuban: Amnaya Resort Kuta
This resort is like no other in Kuta. With everything from a pool to a spa, from an award-winning restaurant to beautiful gardens, you and the family will have so much to do here. Although you might not want to leave, you won’t have far to travel to get to some of Tuban’s best attractions – it’s just 100 yards from Waterbom Bali.VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Kuta
Beautiful sunsets, amazing activities and breath-taking scenery, it’s easy to see why Katu is favourite among travellers of all types!
Kuta Beach is the best place to stay in Kuta for your first time. As the focal point of the town, you’ll be at the centre of things here, and able to witness the incredible sunsets Kuta is famous for.
Kuta’s most luxurious hotel is Padma Resort Legian. So many facilities, you’ll have to spend a day just exploring the hotel!
If you are travelling on a budget, then the best place to stay in Kuta is Budha’s Guest House. Comfortable and reasonably priced!
Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below! Otherwise, enjoy your travels!
While Bali is safe to visit, it’s super important to make sure you get travel insurance!
Do you own an awesome hostel, hotel or apartment? Want to be featured in our list? Email [email protected] to find out how.
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse crap. Your support helps me keep the site going.