If you’re looking for the perfect seaside getaway, look no further. Known for its beaches, surfing, art and delicious food, Seminyak is one of the best places to stay in Bali. Aside from this, there is also an eclectic range of accommodation for you to choose from here, handpicked by us!
As a small area, it is charming and quaint, but there is still so much to do, as this is a popular spot for tourists every year.
With so much on offer, it can be quite overwhelming when trying to decide where to stay in Seminyak.
But with our easy, step-by-step guide, you’ll find the best areas to stay in Seminyak to meet your interests and budget!
Without further ado, here’s our guide to where to stay in Seminyak, Bali.
Quick Tips: Where to Stay in Seminyak
- Where to stay in Seminyak for your first time: Seminyak Beach
- Where to stay in Seminyak on a budget: Kerobokan
- Coolest place to stay in Seminyak: Kayu Aya
- Where to stay in Seminyak for families: Kayu Putih
- If you want to have a bit of a party and a stroll down the beach, then head to Double Six Beach.
- Head to the Roku Diamond Museum and Gallery
- Want to learn all about your dreams? Then head to the Dream Museum Zone!
Seminyak boasts some of Bali’s best accomodation options. Looking for a specific stay? These are our highest recommendations for places to stay in Seminyak …
Best Hostel in Seminyak: Stellar Capsules
This is a really brilliant, cheap option for your visit to Seminyak. Relatively close to the centre, it has a fun and laidback atmosphere, where you can make new friends learn about your fellow travellers!
Need to spend some quality time with fellow backpackers? Get your fix by staying at one of these incredible backpacker hostels in Seminyak!VIEW ON HOSTELWORLD
Best Luxury Villa in Seminyak: Two Bedroom Rooftop Villa
Relax in this private penthouse suite, which combines all the best of Seminyak’s history, with it’s clean and elegant contemporary finish. just a five-minute walk to some of Seminyak’s best restaurants and beachside bars, this is convenient and luxurious!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best All-Inclusive Villa in Seminyak: The Samaya Seminyak Bali
Enjoy a stay in your own private villa, nestled in tropical gardens, with landscaped pools and amazing modern decor. You can really unwind as you are waited on by a 24-hour Butler, or make the most of the free spa treatments available on site!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Quick Summary: The Best Places to Stay in Seminyak
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top HostelCheck Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
|Check Top AirbnbCheck Top Hotel|
Seminyak is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Bali, just a little north of Kuta. Although small in size, it is bursting at the seams with amazing things t explore. There is a plethora of beaches for you to explore, all with astounding sunset views every evening. Some of them have restaurants and bars lining them, others are quiet coves, and some have giant waves so are perfect if you’re up for a bit of surfing!
What really characterises Seminyak is its natural features – outstanding beaches, gorgeous scenery and brilliant opportunities to explore this. So if you’re looking for an urban break, this isn’t really the place for you. however, the culture here is still eclectic ad vibrant. Much of the surrounding countryside has been captured in art by brilliant locals, which you can explore at Smeinyak’s many galleries!
If you’re visiting Seminyak for the first time, then you have to start with one of these natural features: Seminyak Beach. The hub of the area, Seminyak Beach is the best place not only to get to know the area, but also to sit back, relax, and take in all the natural beauty it has to offer. There are also plenty f museums and galleries dotted about this central neighbourhood if you want to get out of the sun!
Just because you don’t have a huge budget also doesn’t mean you can’t have an unforgettable experience here. A little further inland is the delightful neighbourhood of Kerobokan, which offers everything from spa treatments to gardens!
You can find some really reasonably priced accommodation, as well as some brilliant activities. if you’re interested in staying in a quieter part of town and finding some of the hidden treasures of Seminyak, then this is the place for you.
For the culture vultures amongst you, then the best place to explore all that Seminyak has to offer is Kayu Aya. Near to Seminyakl’s famous Flea Market, where you can find all manner of local treasures and delicacies, this is the place to be if you’re into art, cooking and local history. With temples, restaurants and museums around every corner, this is the coolest place to stay in Seminyak!
Taking the kids away can often seem like more trouble than it’s worth, but we’ve got you covered so that all you need to do is book! Kayu Putih has the advantage of being a little out of the centre of Seminyak, so it’s less busy, but it has by no mean any fewer things to do! This neighbourhood has the highest concentration of beautiful beaches than any of the others – there are so many to choose from you could do one a day if you want!
With watermarks, boat trios and surfing opportunities, this is the perfect break fro a thrill-seeking family! Alternatively, if you simply want to relax by the pool or enjoy some spa treatments, there is some brilliant accommodation on offer too.
Your nearest airport is Ngurah Rai International Airport just to the south, so you can get here very easily from all around the world!
Seminyak’s Top 4 Neighborhoods to Stay In
With so much history, culture and scenery to enjoy, Seminyak is one of the best places to visit in Bali!
As a place famous for its beaches, the logical place to come if you’ve never been before is, of course, the beach. The beating heart of Seminyak, the beach is where you’ll find some of the best activities going: swimming, diving, surfing, or just relaxing in the beautiful Bali sunshine with a cocktail and good book.
It gets lively by night with trendy bars and restaurants lining the sand, and there are some museums nearby if you want to get out of the sun for a few hours.
Things to See and Do in Seminyak Beach
– You can of course not visit Seminyak without spending at least an afternoon on its white sandy beach, where you can relax in the sunshine, and take a ride on a horse through the surf!
– Head to the Roku Diamond Museum and Gallery if you want to find out all about local precious stones and the art associated from artists in the area!
– If you want to have a bit of a party and a stroll down the beach, then head to Double Six Beach, where you’ll have not only a beautiful walk but also have a selection of brilliant bars to enjoy. Our favourite is La Plancha!
– Want to learn all about your dreams? Then head to the Dream Museum Zone! There are dozens of brilliant 3D Artworks where you can take some creative, “trick” photos!
Best Villa in Seminyak Beach: 2BR Villa
Just 50 metres away from the beach is this fantastic villa. Small and cosy, it’s perfect for couples wanting to get away from it all. You’ll have your own private pool and a lovely master bedroom to relax in!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Luxury Villa in Seminyak Beach: Seminyak Beach Hut
Just when you thought you couldn’t get any closer to the beach, there’s this fantastic bungalow! Just thirty, yes THIRTY, metres away from the beach is this brilliant, luxurious villa for four, with a huge pool and a bright, modern atmosphere.VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Seminyak Beach: Pelangi Bali Hotel & Spa
Sit back and relax in this luxurious resort hotel which has everything you could want. Virtually falling out onto Seminyak beach, you couldn’t be any closer to the surf if you tried! Grab yourself a meal at a brilliant restaurant, relax in the pool or simply chill out in your room which is equipped with a TV and balcony.VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Exploring Seminyak doesn’t have to be expensive, and that’s why we’ve found an amazing neighbourhood to stay in that doesn’t involve splashing the cash! A little the east of the centre of Seminyak is this lovely area, characterized by its range of amazing activities, whether it’s strolling around parks and gardens or pursuing art galleries. You can even try your hand at diving if you’re looking for something a little more exciting!
Things to See and Do in Kerobokan
– Why not get some relaxation and head to the Amala Spa and Wellness Studio for one of the best yoga classes Seminyak has to offer!
– Why not take to the waves and try out diving? Head to Adventure Diving Bali – there are courses for all abilities so whether you’re a novice or experienced, you’re sure to have a great time.
– Head to Theatre Art Gallery to find out about local arts and culture and to see a huge collection of fantastic Indonesian shadow puppets!
– Become a kid again for the day at Taman Segara Madu Water Park! There are amazing slides and pools for you to enjoy with your friends!
– Take a trip out to Perumahan Tri Brata Polri Desa Cepaka, which is a beautiful park and garden in the north of the neighbourhood, with gorgeous water features and paths.
Best Hostel in Kerobokan: M Boutique Hostel Seminyak
The term “luxury hostel” may sound a little oxymoronic, but believe me, it’s true of this place! The first of its kind in the area, this offers simple yet charming accommodation at the fraction of the price you would pay for a hotel or resort equivalent. Pod style beds, great communal areas and free Wi-Fi means your stay is convenient and comfortable!VIEW ON HOSTELWORLD
Best Guesthouse in Kerobokan: Villa Kayu Kati
This guesthouse is hosted by enthusiastic and helpful locals, willing to show you around on tours, take you on a surfing lesson and even babysit the little ones if you’re coming with the kids! But if you want privacy, then this is a gorgeous room where you’ll have access to a delightful garden complete with a pool and a hammock!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Villa in Kerobokan: Atra Bambulogy
This is a delightful lodge in a resort which means you’ll have loads of opportunities to make friends down at the communal pool. But if you want privacy, then the lodge itself is a lovely space, with a private terrace. You’ll also be just over a mile away from the beach!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Cooking classes, temples and sunset bars – what more could you want? If exploring and culture is your passion, then the coolest place to stay in Seminyak is definitely Kayu Aya! Not only will you still have access to the beaches that this amazing place is so famous for, but you’ll also have some brilliant opportunities to get to know Seminyak as a cultural hub and as a home to the locals!
Things to See and Do in Kayu Aya
– If you want to get to know the local culture, then look no further than Nia’s cooking class! Based in Seminyak, you can rustle up a storm and try some of the best Balinese dishes going!
– One of the hottest places in Kayu Aya is Ku De Ta. It’s a huge beachfront bar, where you can watch the sunset with a pina colada, and get the chance to meet some fellow travellers.
– For a dose of culture, head to Pura Masceti, one of the most influential and significant holy places in Seminyak. It’s an agricultural temple, meaning farmers come from far and wide to pray for rain and good harvests.
– Want to find the perfect souvenir? Head to Jalan Laksmana, one of the most famous shopping streets not just in Seminyak but in Bali!
– More great shopping includes Seminyak’s flea market, famous for its traditional, homemade trinkets and garments.
Best Villa in Kayu Aya: Villa Kaia
With a boho-chic design and brand new appliances, this is a trendy new villa with everything you could need. Enjoy a drink by the pool, rustle up something delicious in the fully equipped kitchen, or if you’d rather, take a stroll out to one of the many beachside bars just a few minutes’ walk away!VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Kayu Aya: Sense Hotel Seminyak
This is a delightful and reasonably priced hotel where you’ll have access to the onsite pool and spa, and be just a short walk from some of Kayu Aya’s best shopping and eating outlets. Take your pic of a room overlooking the pool or the gardens!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Guesthouse in Kayu Aya: Bale Seminyak
Rent a bike or car from this guesthouse if you want to explore further afield, or stay local, where you’re just 50 metres from Petitenget Beach! There’s also a pool onsite if you’re feeling like a lazy day and the hosts will give you a lift to the airport if you need it!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Organizing a family holiday can be stressful, but we’ve found the best spot for you to enjoy the perfect family with the lids, with options for relaxing and options for adventuring readily available.
Kayu Putih is a little up the coast from the centre of Seminyak and boasts some of the most awesome beaches to be found in this part of Bali. This is the perfect place to stay if you want access to gorgeous beaches, incredible sunsets and brilliant adventures!
Things to See and Do in Kayu Putih
– Take the kids down to the Kayu Putih beach. It’s huge and a little out of the tourist area so you and your family can have some quality time together.
– Want to take on the waves of Bali? Whether you’re a beginner or a little more experienced then you can take on the waves at Berawa Beach!
– Enjoy a day of adventure at Splash Waterpark Bali! With slides, rides and pools galore, you’ll have so much fun getting wet and wild!
– Head to Custom Charters Bali, where you can book a boat tour around this beautiful coastline. What better way to get to know the stunning beaches of Kaya Putih than from the sea itself?
Best Luxury Villa in Kayu Putih: Beach Front Family Suite and Private Pool
You’ll fall out onto the beach, you have a private pool to yourselves and the whole property was designed and decorated by an award-winning artist and curator! It doesn’t get any more luxurious than this, so if you want easy access to gorgeous beaches and a modern, elegant and contemporary space, then this is the place for you and your family to enjoy an unforgettable trip.VIEW ON AIRBNB
Best Hotel in Kayu Putih: Amalfi Hotel Seminyak
Catch some rays beside the rooftop pool while the kids play in the water, and even have a floating breakfast if you fancy getting up there early! Just fifteen minutes from the beach, you’ll find this fantastic hotel with everything you and your family could need to have a stress-free and relaxing stay.VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Best Villa in Kayu Putih: Villa Jasli
This large villa is perfect for big families, so if you’re planning on inviting the extended brood then this is the perfect place for you! You can have your own private pool, but there’s also access to a big one in the complex. You’ll have the chance to meet fellow travellers if you wish but your villa is large enough for you to have private parties of your very own!VIEW ON BOOKING.COM
Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Seminyak
Sunsets to die for, breath-taking beaches and unforgettable activities – Seminyak has so much to offer to travellers of all types! It comes as no surprise that Seminyak is the perfect place to visit for all ages!
To recap: Seminyak Beach is the best place to stay in Seminyak for your first time. It’s the hub of the area have has activities of all kinds on offer to meet the wishes of you and your fellow travellers!
To recap: Seminyak’s most luxurious all-inclusive option is The Samaya Seminyak Villas. Everything you could need all in one package!
If you are travelling on a budget, then the best place to stay in Seminyak is Stellar Capsules. Simple, affordable and charming!
Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below! Otherwise, enjoy your travels!
While traveling Bali is safe, it’s super important to make sure you get travel insurance!
Do you own an awesome hostel, hotel or apartment? Want to be featured in our list? Email [email protected] to find out how.
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse crap. Your support helps me keep the site going.