Seattle, Washington is one of the bright shining lights of Pacific Northwest cities on the USA’s West Coast. Known as the Emerald City because of its lush evergreen forests, this flourishing metropolis city has an incredible amount of things to do and see. As home to the first Starbucks, Seattle is known for its coffee scene. There are now nearly two thousand coffee shops spread throughout Seattle that are waiting for you to try their best brew.
Ready to hop on a plane and take to the skies, or jump in your car for your Seattle road trip? Then let’s get to work finding out which Seattle Airbnb is right for you! With so many cool rentals out there, forget hotels and stay in style in an Airbnb.
Go ahead and grab a cup of joe and go through our list below of the best Airbnbs in Seattle. It’s divided by budget, travel-group size, and unique needs like family amenities or digital nomad needs. Let’s dig in!
Quick Answer: These are the Top 5 Airbnbs in Seattle
Delightful Studio Close to Campus
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Washer & Dryer
- > Desk & Chair
Whole Private Floor of Home
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Fluffy Bed in Pristine Room
- > Best Location— Everything Walkable
Charming Belltown Corner Studio
- > $$
- > 2 Guests
- > Fully Equipped Kitchen
- > Delicious Donuts Next Door
Incredible Family-Friendly Townhouse
- > $$$
- > 11 Guests
- > Crib & High Chair
- > Snacks & Drinks Provided
Stunning Deluxe Seattle Home
- > $$$$
- > 8 Guests
- > Indoor Fireplace
- > 3600 square foot w/ 10ft ceilings
Looking for other types of accommodation? Check out our guide to Where to Stay in Seattle!
Why Stay in an Airbnb?
- Local Experience: While many Seattle Airbnbs are managed by companies, they’re still locally based. Get the best recommendations for your Seattle itinerary that you won’t find in the guidebooks to make your trip truly special!
- Unique Properties: In a place chock full of unique vacation rentals, why on earth would you want to stay in a drab and dull hotel?!
- Privacy: Cabins, chalets, and treehouses mean you and your companion(s) can get the break you need without anyone else interfering.
- Affordability: Airbnbs are considerably cheaper than an equivalent hotel – and you won’t have any hidden charges from the minibar either! Airbnbs are possibly the best option for backpackers in USA that need to keep the costs low.
- Airbnb Experiences: It’s not all about where to stay; looking for things to do in Seattle? There’s no better way to do that than with Airbnb Experiences. We’ll show you some of our favourites.
You should always have emergency cash hidden on you – pick up this awesome security belt with its hidden pocket before you travel, it’s perfect for hiding money, a passport photocopy.
The 15 Top Airbnbs in Seattle
Overall Best Value Airbnb in Seattle | Delightful Studio Close to Campus
- Washer & Dryer
- 2 Guests
- Desk & Chair
This one bedroom and one bathroom studio apartment in Seattle sits just 500 feet from the University of Washington campus. It’s a small spot, but with this low price, it’s well worth it! Moreover, there is a desk, chair, WiFi, Smart TV. This apartment is actually a micro-studio that shares a common area kitchen. So if you’re looking to whip up a meal, you’ll have access to a great kitchen to do it! Lastly, there is plenty of free street parking around if you’re traveling with a car.
Best Budget Airbnb in Seattle | Peaceful Park Studio
- Washer & Dryer
- 2 Guests
- Beautiful Backyard
Sitting in one of Seattle’s nicest neighborhoods near Discovery Park, this budget Seattle Airbnb is for a one bedroom and one bathroom studio apartment. It’s a self-contained apartment that has a small dining area, as well as a functional kitchen with a full-sized fridge and stove. Coming in at a bargain basement price, this budget Airbnb in Seattle is a steal! Truly, it practically costs the same as a hostel bunk bed! Save some dough and stay out of the sardine can here at this peaceful park studio apartment.
Budget Tip: Dorms in Seattle start from $10USD per bed. They’re the cheapest accommodation in the city. Search for hostels in the area!
Perfect Short-Term Rental for Digital Nomads | Modern Loft in the Heart of Seattle
- Access to Gym & Community Spaces
- 2 Guests
- Impeccable Location in Capitol Hill
This one bedroom and one bathroom loft is perfect for all your digital nomad needs! There is a comfy queen size bed, Smart TV, and WiFi throughout the apartment. Inside this building, you will find a work study area, a gym, a huge community kitchen, a giant dining room area and plenty of couches to lounge around on.
Inside the apartment itself, there is a small kitchen as well as a table with two chairs perfect for nibbling on a snack or for getting to work. Located in the heart of Capitol Hill, you’re close to all the fun. This Seattle Airbnb makes for the perfect Seattle getaway!
Perfect Airbnb for Solo Travelers | Darling Tiny House All For You!
- Functional Kitchen
- 2 Guests
- 50 restaurants in 15-min walk
Why stay in another Seattle apartment when you could have a tiny house all to yourself? That’s right, this tiny house located in Capitol Hill is up for grabs. It’s a tiny home which means that it is highly minimalist but completely functional. In fact, it is a 300 square foot wooden structure that is likened to a barn. Inside your tiny home, you’ll find a kitchenette, bathroom, bedroom, small dining table, and couch.
Solo travelers, you better take advantage of the opportunity to stay in your own tiny home Seattle Airbnb because you never know when an opportunity like that will come up again! This is a bona-fide, Seattle Airbnb experience. In terms of unique finds, this is one of the best Airbnbs in Seattle!
Best Airbnb in Seattle for Nightlife | Bright Studio Close to Bars
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- 4 Guests
- Newly Furnished w/ Courtyard View
Seattle is home to some incredible bars, most of which are situated south of Capitol Hill, particularly close to Pike Place Market. We love the prohibition-era cocktails at Bathtub Gin & Co., the gastropub vibes at Some Random Bar, and the craft cocktails at the hip Zig Zag Cafe. There’s just too many bars to name here, people!
This one bedroom and one bathroom studio rental has a queen bed, a sofa bed, and an air mattress which makes hosting more than two guests easy as pie. Just a ten minute walk to Pike Place Market and to the Space Needle, you are sure to love the location of this Seattle Airbnb. Enjoy this newly furnished private Seattle apartment with a pretty courtyard view.
Best Short Term Rental for Couples | Charming Belltown Corner Studio
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- 2 Guests
- Delicious Donuts Next Door
This charming corner studio Seattle apartment makes for a perfect romantic getaway. Consider this short term rental in Seattle that’s right next to Seattle’s best donuts, Top Pot Donuts! Also, it’s only a quick ten minutes walk to Pike Place Market.
With plenty of wooden floor space, you can easily waltz around the bedroom or even around the kitchen! With a darling kitchen, you’ll be able to cook up some meals or snacks, if you get tired of the donuts below you can always make pancakes yourself! There is a couch in the bedroom, that’s great for reading. In terms of charm and space, this is definitely one of the best Airbnbs in Seattle for couples traveling to the Emerald City.
Best Homestay in Seattle | Whole Private Floor of Home
- Magical Rain Shower
- 2 Guests
- Entire Floor To Yourself
This Seattle homestay sure won’t disappoint. Feel at home with your own private floor of a home that includes your own private bedroom, TV room, and bathroom that even comes with a magical rain shower! Seattle is known for it’s rainy weather, but sometimes a rain shower on demand feels downright amazing! Guests are allowed to use the shared full kitchen and dining room, in case you are craving popcorn and you just can’t be bothered to go out and find it!
Specially, this home is located in the quiet and hilly neighbourhood called Eastlake, which is just a quick walk to Downtown or anywhere else you need to go! What did we say? This Seattle homestay won’t disappoint!
Runner-Up Homestay in Seattle | Crisp White Cottage Stay
- Fluffy Bed in Pristine Room
- 2 Guests
- Best Location – Everything Walkable
This private room in what is called the Brackish House, is, in fact, a six bedroom craftsman home. It’s located just one block away from Capitol Hill Light Rail and is the perfect spot for those looking to explore Seattle by walking. This private room comes with a shared bathroom that will likely be shared with other Airbnb guests as the hosts rent out a couple of other rooms. Guests are allowed to use the kitchen to the fullest extent, as well as the dining room.
The outdoor space is also fair game, complete with some kiwi trees and a rock garden. It’s a little quiet space in the heart of Capitol Hill. Consider this Seattle homestay your Seattle Airbnb oasis!
Amazing Luxury Airbnb in Seattle | Lake & City Views Modern Home
- Sunny Deck w/ Unparalleled View
- 6 Guests
- Award-Winning Home
This three bedroom and two and a half bathroom Seattle Airbnb is worth every penny for those who have a few extra pennies to spend! Enjoy the sweeping views of Lake Union and the Space Needle that can be seen from the windows and deck of this townhouse. Sit out on the sunny deck and soak up those views with a cup of tea or maybe even a mimosa. In fact, this Seattle Airbnb was named The Most Beautiful Airbnb in Washington State by Architectural Digest.
Located in the vibrant neighborhood of South Lake Union, you won’t be lacking places to go easily on foot. Truly, this luxury Seattle Airbnb is dreamy— a mix of wood, glass, and steel make this home aesthetically mouthwatering, or should we say mind-watering? That’s not a thing, but maybe it should be!
Over-the-Top Luxury Airbnb | Stunning Deluxe Seattle Home
- Indoor Fireplace
- 8 Guests
- 3600 square foot w/ 10ft ceilings
Beyond modern, this luxury Seattle Airbnb is quite the splurge. With four bedrooms and three and a half bathroom, this high-end luxury home is located near the Seattle Japanese Garden, in the Stevens neighborhood. This classy neighborhood puts you close to several boutiques, cafes, and plenty of award-winning restaurants. The fully equipped gourmet kitchen is well-stocked with everything you could possibly need from to-go coffee cups to zip-lock bags. The espresso machine is especially appreciated by those of us who like the espresso life!
This spacious, and beautiful short term rental is bright and airy with an open-concept design. With 3600 square feet of space and 10 feet tall ceilings, you’re sure to have more than enough room to breathe! Quite the incredible best Airbnb in Seattle isn’t it?
Best Airbnb in Seattle for Families | Incredible Family-Friendly Townhouse
- Crib & High Chair
- 11 Guests
- Snacks & Drinks Provided
This incredible townhouse is the best Airbnb in Seattle for families. It’s a three bedroom home that actually has a total of seven beds inside! With three bathrooms too, no one will be complaining about someone taking too long in the shower! This newly furnished and remodelled Seattle Airbnb has all the modern amenities you and your family could possibly need! With a washer and dryer, stainless steel appliances, an indoor fireplace, and a fully-equipped bathroom this is quite the family find in terms of Seattle Airbnbs.
There is also a spacious living room and dining room, as well as access to the outdoors straight from the bedroom is pretty incredible. The personal welcoming touches can’t be beaten! With a crib and high chair, even when you’re traveling with young ones, this Seattle Airbnb has you taken care of! Situated in the beautiful Madison Valley neighborhood, you’ll be in a safe, quiet, and tree-lined neighborhood. This lovely Seattle Airbnb is sure to make you and your family happy campers.
Best Airbnb in Seattle for a Group of Friends | Gorgeous Remodeled Victorian Apt
- Comfy TV Room
- 6 Guests
- Spacious Outdoor Patio
This two bedroom and two bathroom removed led Victorian Seattle apartment in Pike Pine comes with a total of three beds. Situated in Pike Pine corridor, you will be surrounded by incredible restaurants, cafes, and shops. You’re also just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Downtown Seattle. Furthermore, the apartment itself is plenty spacious, with plenty of room to move around and breathe.
Our favorite part is the patio that is perfect to enjoy a glass of wine with friends. The TV room with the large comfy couches are also sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Even the pickiest of friends is sure to love this Seattle Airbnb.
Best Airbnb in Capitol Hill | Sophisticated Studio w/ Glorious View
- Rooftop w/ Incredible Views
- 2 Guests
- Hardwood Floors & Clawfoot Tub
Are you ready for your unforgettable view of the Space Needle? All from your own personal and private rooftop! Talk about a “WOW” factor for this Seattle Apartment! This one bedroom and one bathroom contemporary studio has lovely hardwood floors, and an antique claw foot bathtub. The design is tasteful while still being a tiny bit eclectic.
This apartment does come with a fully equipped kitchen, a living room, and a dining room so you won’t feel cramped at all. With a washing machine and dryer too, you’ll be sitting pretty here on Capitol Hill in one of the best Airbnbs in Seattle.
Another Great Apartment in Capitol Hill | Classic Seattle Apartment
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- 2 Guests
- Backyard w/ BBQ Grill
This one bedroom and bathroom Seattle apartment is a great find on Capitol Hill. It’s in the perfect location as it’s surrounded by the best bars and restaurants, and is just a two to three block walk to the light rail station. And if you are a Trader Joe’s fan, there is one less than a mile away! Furthermore, the queen size memory foam mattress nearly guarantees a peaceful stay. Enjoy the top floor apartment with beautiful wooden floors and a newly renovated kitchen that is very functional.
Lastly, guests are also welcome to use the backyard with the BBQ grill should you wish to grill some burgers or hotdogs or even vegetable skewers if you’re feeling fancy!
Top Value Airbnb in Ballard | Backyard Cottage Sanctuary
- Keurig Machine
- 2 Guests
- Patio & Grill & Heat Lamp
Bask in a private backyard cottage sanctuary in this one bedroom and bathroom studio Seattle Airbnb. With abundant natural light, you’re sure to love sipping a chai in the garden. There are sturdy wooden chairs, heat lamps, and a BBQ grill to enjoy.
When the Seattle chill sets in, you won’t be deterred from sitting outside with this toasty warm heat lamp! With a small kitchen and beautiful bathroom, you’re sure to love this Seattle homestay that affords you all the privacy of a backyard cottage all to yourself! Lastly, make sure to note that the kitchen is pretty quaint, with just a microwave, full-sized refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker.
What to Pack for your Seattle Airbnb
These essentials will make your Airbnb stay easier and maybe loads nicer.
1. Active Roots Water Bottle: Most Airbnbs provide potable (drinkable) water. Have a bottle to fill up so you can take that water on your rambles instead of buying disposable plastic bottles. The Active Roots Water Bottle is great for travellers who are aware of plastic pollution and want to reduce their single-use plastic consumption – no need to buy drinks from the supermarket anymore. The stainless-steel material will keep your drinks cold or hot for up to 24 hours. Stay hydrated throughout your entire holiday with this cool bottle!
2. Bluetooth Speaker: A Bluetooth speaker guarantees a good mood with great background tunes when you need them. With one of these guys you’re also always prepared for a spontaneous mini-party! You can set the vibe for your holiday rental (while minding the neighbors). The speaker is waterproof, so it’s perfect for a day at the beach or around the pool too.
3. Active Root Microfiber Towel: If you don’t want to trust your Airbnb to provide clean towels, it’s always smart to bring your own. Problem is, most towels take up a lot of space in your suitcase. The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is made of super-light material, which hardly takes up any space. Plus, it’s incredibly comfortable and quick-drying. Great for a day around the pool or at the beach. The material is antibacterial, so it won’t smell funny, even on long holidays.
4. Reusable Shopping Bags: Are you familiar with the massive problem with plastic pollution, especially in developing nations? Avoiding consumer-end single-use plastic isn’t a massive challenge to those of us privileged to travel. Start by shopping with reusable shopping bags. They’re long-lasting, they fit everything you need and can be used as beach/picnic/day bags too. In some countries, plastic bags are either banned completely or you have to pay for them so a bag that accompanies you on every trip will go a long way.
5. Packing Cubes: Having your luggage accessible and organized can make your holidays a lot more enjoyable. Packing cubes help you to pack everything in proper order, prevent wrinkling and losing stuff in the depths of your suitcase. The cubes are see-through and water-resistant. If your Airbnb doesn’t have a place to store your clothes, you can use the cubes as an improvised closet to keep everything accessible yet tidy.
6. Travel Journal: Write down your plans, thoughts and experiences. It’s a great way to calm down in the morning or evening, gives you a routine and an option to reflect on yourself and the day. It’s also a great way to remember all the adventures on your holidays afterwards.
Final Thoughts on Seattle Airbnbs
If Seattle, Washington is calling your name, we hope you are answering the call! And if you are hopping on a plane or jumping in your car, we are hopeful that we solved all your Seattle accommodation problems with our list here of the best Airbnbs in Seattle! Whether you were looking for a cozy homestay or a garden oasis or a chic downtown Seattle apartment, we hope you found what you were looking for here on our short term rental list.
Going to see the space needle? While that doesn’t mean you’re launching into space, traveling does come with it’s own set of worries and stresses. Take some of that stress away with grabbing some travel insurance from our friends over at World Nomads.
And don’t forget to take out Travel Insurance for your trip! I have been using World Nomads for some time now and made a few claims over the years. They’re easy to use, professional and relatively affordable. They may also let you buy or extend a policy once you’ve started your trip and are already abroad which is super handy.
If there’s one insurance company I trust, it’s World Nomads. To find out why I use World Nomads, check out my World Nomads Insurance review.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.