Dive into deep turquoise lagoons, jump off cliffs into the warm tranquil waters, or just enjoy the castaway life, beer in hand, on Siargao Island!
Away from all the hustle and bustle of the Philippines’s sprawling cities, Siargao gives you all the excitement of exploring a deserted island with any modern comfort you could imagine. Get ready for a fun filled holiday jam-packed with snorkeling, kayaking, and trekking in a tropical paradise!
Since Siargao Island is a bit off of the beaten track you shouldn’t expect to have slews of hotels awaiting droves of selfie-snapping tourists. With hostels being sparse, how then can you find the perfect place to base yourself out of when enjoying the castaway lifestyle?
That exactly why we made this guide, so you can spend more time on the beaches and less worrying about where to stay for the night!
We have compiled a list of the top hostels in all of Siargao Island so that YOU can find the perfect place for all of your needs!
Surfs up! Get ready to hit the waves and find the best hostels in all of Siargao Island!
So peep our guide to the top hostels in Siargao Island below!
Table of Contents
Quick answer: The Best Hostels on Siargao Island
- Best Overall Hostel on Siargao Island – Footprints Homestay
- Best Party Hostel on Siargao Island– Patrick’s on the Beach Resort
- Best Hostel for Solo Travellers on Siargao Island–Paglaom Hostel
- Best Cheap Hostel on Siargao Island– Asteria’s Backpackers Siargao
- Best Hostel for Couples on Siargao Island–Point 303 Cloud 9
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads on Siargao Island–Kokai Resort
- Best Hostel with a Private Room on Siargao Island–Sailfish Bay Surf & Big Game Fishing Lodge
The Best Hostels on Siargao Island
Siargao Island is brimming with tropical jungles, exotic beaches, and remote villages. No matter what corner of the island you explore, travelers are sure to find adventure.
Other than the mysterious deep caverns and local culture, Siargao is perhaps most famous for its surfing attracting anyone from professional surfers to even musicians to the island.
Even with the island’s popularity, Siargao still maintains a sense of isolation. The island itself is over 169 square miles, while it may seem like no more than a dot on a map, you want to be sure you are booking a hostel close to the action.
The commercial center of the island is situated in General Luna village, but be sure to check the exact location of your hostel before making a reservation! In case you don’t find the right hostel, then remember that some great Siargao homestays are also located here.
Best Overall Hostel in Siargao Island – Footprints Homestay
– Shared Kitchen
– Bike Rental
Footprints Homestay proclaims its self as so much more than just a hostel, they offer each backpacker the perfect surfers paradise experience. Guests will be staying on bungalows just minutes away from the beach.
Footprints also offer travelers the chance to hit the waves with their rental surfboards. More than anything else Footprints is run by a husband and wife team that makes you feel part of the family!
Best Party Hostel on Siargao Island – Patrick’s on the Beach Resort
Patrick’s on the Beach is so much more than one of the top hostels on Siargao Island, this resort has open terraces where you can enjoy the sea air, a delectable restaurant, and even an onsite bar.
For such a low price, guests are treated to not only spacious rooms and dormitories but also an outdoor pool, private beach, garden, and even massage services.
At Patrick’s you can not only get to party on the most beautiful beaches in the Philippines, but you also can simply kick back, relax, and enjoy total relaxation.
Best Hostel for Solo Travellers on Siargao Island – Paglaom Hostel
– Shared Kitchen
It can be hard to meet other backpackers unless you know just where to go when staying on an island with as few hostels as Siargao. With Paglaom’s open, laidback atmosphere you are sure to hang out with other travelers in the communal lounge or dining room.
The hostel also offers a BBQ and book exchange, but more than anything else Paglaom has an extremely chill vibe which makes it one of the coolest hostels on the island!
Best Cheap Hostel on Siargao Island –Asteria’s Backpackers Siargao
– Shared Kitchen
– Motorbike Rentals
At Asteria’s you not only get the cheapest beds in all of Siargao, you get some of the most personal services from the owner who goes above and beyond to make the guests feel at home.
This hostel is one of the best on the island for its bike rentals, motorbike rentals, and also a shared kitchen. For such a low price and an atmosphere which makes you feel like part of the family, Asteria’s Backpackers is the best value you can get on the island.
Best Hostel for Couples on Siargao Island – Point 303 Cloud 9
Couples who are looking to not only escape the crowded dorm rooms but also a taste of paradise will find just that at Point 303 Cloud 9. You and your significant other will not only be treated to a cozy room but also a delicious restaurant, onsite bar, and even an outdoor pool.
When you are done relaxing at the resort-esque hotel, you have motorbike rentals and even surfboards available to enjoy all parts of Siargao Island!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads on Siargao Island – Kokai Resort
I know that you digital nomads are itching to get back online and Kokai Resort offers its guests the most spacious and comfortable lounges on the island. While blogging you can relax with a beer in hand or even a refreshing smoothie.
When you are done editing, the resort is in walking distance of the beach where you can hit the waves or even explore the island. Out of all of the hostels or even hotels on Siargao, Kokai is the cleanest, most tastefully decorated you can find!
Best Hostel with a Private Room on Siargao Island – Sailfish Bay Surf & Big Game Fishing Lodge
For those looking for a bit of privacy when staying on Siargao Island, you can’t get much better than staying at Sailfish Bay Surf & Big Game Fishing Lodge.
Backpackers will not only have some of the cheapest beds on the island but will also be treated with a billiards table, private beach, and even a bar. Even if you are looking to go out and mingle a bit, the lodge also offers a lounge as well as an onsite restaurant.
More Best Hostels on Siargao Island
Stay in the middle of the action (or in an off the beaten path location) using our comprehensive neighborhood guide for Siargao!
– Shared Kitchen
– Surfboard Rentals
Salty Nomads hosts its guests in quaint bungalows which truly adds to the “deserted island” atmosphere. Even though you might like to pretend you are on a remote tropical beach, Salty Nomads is sure to make you feel right at home with their lazy hammocks, spacious lounge, and laidback atmosphere.
The hostel is recently opened and is still making major improvements to their grounds. Salty Nomads is sure a hostel to watch as it may soon become one of the best on the island!
– Bike Rentals
This newly opened hostel pulls out all the stops to make sure you have the best time on Siargao Island! Guests can enjoy coconut, beers, and other communal snacks in their gorgeous outdoor garden and terrace.
The hostel truly wins their guests over with their hospitable staff and chill atmosphere which will have you wanting to enjoy island living a little bit longer as you extend you stay night after night!
– Outdoor Terrace
Lukay Resort is a newly opened hostel which has immaculate facilities and budget beds minutes away from the beach. Not only will backpackers have comfortable bunks in spacious rooms, but guests also have access to a shared kitchen and lounge.
As one of the newest hostels on the island, the staff is dedicated to making sure everyone has a relaxing stay and the best experience on Siargao Island!
What to Pack for your Siargao Hostel
Pants, socks, underwear… Here are some other items you might not have thought to pack.
1. Active Roots Water Bottle: Sturdy and durable, the Active Roots water bottle survives the roughest adventures while keeping your drink cold or hot for at least 24 hours. Vacuum-sealed and made from stainless steel, the bottle can fit 25oz, which is plenty to keep you hydrated. Super cool bonus: the bottle isn’t just super useful, it helps to reduce the single-use plastic waste – save the planet by filling up your bottle.
2. Active Roots Toiletry Bag: Keep your bath-and-beauty items organized and in the right place with this water-resistant bag. With large compartments, mesh and enclosed clear sections, you can fit everything you might need inside. Hang it up or let it stand on its own – this bag is a must-have for dorm-lifers.
3. Power Bank: Probably one of the most important travel accessories – a decent power bank. Charging your phone up to 5 times in a row, the Anker Power Bank is a true lifesaver on long adventures or bus rides. Slick looking, handy and not too big, it easily fits in even the smallest travel bag or your pocket. Charge 2 devices at the same time with the double USB port.
4. Sea to Summit Travel Soap: When dirtbagging around the globe, hygiene sometimes comes a bit short. This Sea to Summit Travel Soap can wash your hands, clothes or anything else, wherever you are. The soap strips are dry and super thin but dissolve in contact with water, so you can even take it easily through security in a carry-on.
5. Noise-Cancelling Earbuds: These simple earbuds will help you out. Keeping out most of the surrounding sounds, you can either choose to listen to some relaxing music or no sound at all while falling asleep. This can be a life-saver in some unexpected party hostels. Make sure you’re well-rested for the next adventures!
6. Universal Travel Adapter: Not every country has the same electrical plug style, so carry along a universal travel adapter. You’ll want one that covers varying voltage levels, has protection from power surges, a fried laptop is not fun, and enough ports so you don’t have to spend all day individually charging your devices.
Why you should travel to Siargao Island
Siargao Island has often been called the surfer’s capital of the world. The overall vibe of the hostel perfectly captures that indescribable surfer vibe with a down to earth laid back atmosphere.
Out of all of the hostels on Siargao Island, Kokai Resort finds that perfect balance between island living and modern comfort!
Get ready to surf the waves or simply explore the vibrant island of Siargao Island, the Philippines’s Surfing Capital!
Travel Safety Tips for Siargao Island
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
More Epic Hostels in The Philippines and Asia
Hopefully by now you’ve found the perfect hostel for your upcoming trip to Siargao Island.
Planning an epic trip all across The Philippines or even Asia itself?
Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
For more cool hostel guides around Asia, check out:
- Best hostels in El Nido
- Best hostels in Boracay
- Best hostels in Manila
- Best hostels in Hanoi
- Best hostels in Kuala Lumpur
- Best hostels in Jakarta
Over to you
By now I hope our epic guide to the best hostels in Siargao Island has helped you choose the perfect hostel for your adventure!
If you think we’ve missed anything or have any further thoughts, hit us up in the comments!
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, The Broke Backpacker will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep the site going.
Need More Inspiration?
- Backpacking The Philippines Guide
- Siquijor Travel Guide in the Philippines
- The Ultimate Sagada Travel Guide
Like this post? PIN ME!!!
Noodle addict. City dweller. Aaron Radcliffe is the marketing ninja for The Broke Backpacker, founder of Nomads Nation and Co-Founder of Ditch Your Desk.