Home to more than 5.5 million people, Miami is the biggest city in Florida as well one of the US’ premier tourists hotspots. Incredible beaches, bouncing nightlife, and unbeatable cuisine are just a few of the things that attract millions of tourists from all around the world here annually! If you’re into architecture, the hotels along Ocean Drive are some of the best examples of 1930’s Art Deco in the entire world!
If you’re thinking about where to stay in Miami, the big shiny hotels may be nice to look at, but they can sure be pricey. Instead, why not take a look at Airbnbs in Miami? After all, it’s easier to find something suitable for a range of budgets, tastes, and travel styles. Private rooms in friendly homestays, city centre lofts close to the centre of all the action, and luxurious pads with plenty of gadgets are all there when you look through the best rentals in Miami.
In this post, we’ve found 15 of the best Airbnbs in Miami, so that you don’t have to endlessly trawl through listings. We’re sure that you’ll find the perfect spot for your Florida vacation. So, let’s dive in!
Quick Answer: These are the Top 5 Airbnbs in Miami
La Casita Azul
- > $$
- > 2 Guests
- > Free Parking
- > Laptop-friendly workspace
Come stay with the Cool Kids
- > $
- > 2 Guests
- > Free Wi-Fi
- > Private Bathroom
Cosy relaxing city centre loft
- > $$
- > 3 Guests
- > Fully equipped kitchenette
- > Cool outdoor gazebo
Beautiful Apartment in Wynwood
- > $$
- > 6 Guests
- > Awesome location
- > HDTV with Netflix
Luxury Penthouse with bay views
- > $$$$$$
- > 2 Guests
- > Jacuzzi and swimming pool
- > Awesome bay views
Looking for other types of accommodation? Check out our guide to Where to Stay in Miami!
Why stay in an Airbnb?
- Local Experience: No matter how big your guidebook is, it won’t have the superb local know-how can get from your hosts. Be sure to get their recommendations on things to do!
- Unique properties: Airbnb has every kind of property you could think of. There’s even a ‘unique stays’ search function, where you can find your dream property on the site.
- Privacy: Whether you’re travelling with the whole family or your other half, it’s nice to have your very own space where you won’t be disturbed.
- Affordability: Airbnbs offer a lot more value for money than equivalently priced hotels. And with big group stays, you can split the cost multiple ways!
- Airbnb Experiences: Airbnb isn’t just about great places to stay; it also offers incredible local experiences. We’ll show you some of our favourites in a bit.
You should always have emergency cash hidden on you – pick up this awesome security belt with its hidden pocket before you travel, it’s perfect for hiding money, a passport photocopy.
The Top 15 Airbnbs in Miami
Overall Best Value Airbnb in Miami | La Casita Azul
- Free Parking
- 2 Guests
- Laptop-friendly workspace
Near the Wynwood Art District, La Casita Azul is not one of the most centrally located Miami Airbnbs. However, it’s unrivalled when it comes to character. This lovely little blue house has an outdoor seating area and a hammock where you can enjoy the Florida sunshine. If you’re travelling with your own car, you’ll be pleased to know that there’s free parking in a gated area – rest assured your vehicle will be safe! If you’ve got lots of dirty clothes, there’s a washer and dryer available on request too!
Best Budget Airbnb in Miami | Private room in Artist’s Home
- 2 Guests
Miami can sometimes be extremely expensive, but that shouldn’t put you off. It just means you have to look a little harder to find an appropriate place to stay (or let us do it for you!) Thankfully, this is the best short term rental in Miami if you’re on a budget. Staying in a private room with an artist means you get a unique perspective on the local area too! With the money you save, head out to the local restaurants in Gables and Little Havana. The house has two resident dogs, but they won’t be in your room… unless you ask really nicely!
Budget Tip: Dorms in Miami start from $10USD per bed. They’re the cheapest accommodation in the city. Search for hostels in the area!
Perfect Short Term Rental for Digital Nomads | Spacious Miami Studio Suite
- Laptop friendly workspace
- 2 Guests
- Safe residential neighbourhood
Travelling as a digital nomad? You can splash out a little more than a shoestring traveller, but you probably still need to be conservative when you’re spending. Just make sure that your Miami Airbnb has quick wi-fi and a laptop-friendly workspace – just like this place. This studio is a great option as it’s close to a lot of Miami’s downtown action, but it’s also in a safe residential neighbourhood. So, if you are carrying your laptop (or any other expensive equipment around), you won’t spend the whole time looking over your shoulder!
Perfect Airbnb for Solo Travellers | Tiny Garden Oasis
- Swimming pool
- 1 Guests
- Complimentary Breakfast
When you’re travelling by yourself, it can be hard to keep costs down. And sometimes that means missing out on awesome facilities. However, at this awesome short term rental in Miami, you’ll don’t have to worry about that. Not only do you get a comfy and cosy space, but you’ve also got access to a pool. And did we mention there’s a complimentary breakfast?! Just make sure you leave an hour between those two things! The location is quite central and there’s public transport nearby too. So, it won’t be hard to find and meet up with other travellers!
Best Airbnb in Miami for Nightlife | Cosy Private Cottage near Brickell
- Full kitchen and bath
- 2 Guests
- Public Transport nearby
If you’re heading to Miami to party, you have a few options. Wynwood is lively, while South Beach has some great clubs. We’ve picked Brickell as a place to party (as Miami Beach and South Beach are coming up later on). Unlike a lot of the apartments in Brickell, this cottage is on the ground floor. So there are no stairs to climb or lift to operate if you come home a little worse for wear!
There’s also a full kitchen and bathroom. So, if you want to whip up something to destroy that hangover, you don’t even have to leave the house to do so! That is, of course, if you’ve planned ahead and been to the convenient nearby grocery stores the day before…
Best Short Term Rental for Couples | Cosy relaxing city centre loft
- Fully equipped kitchenette
- 3 Guests
- Cool outdoor gazebo
If you travel with your other half, you don’t just want to stay in any old place. This awesome Miami Airbnb is cosy, comfortable, has a great location, and it’s perfect for a couple. Need we say anymore?! The interior’s Asian inspired decor will take you far from the bright lights and hustle and bustle of Miami, offering a totally relaxing ambience. Feast on the welcome basket of fruits and snacks before settling down on the sofa (or big bed) to watch a movie on the TV. For a romantic date out, you’ve got the famous Calle Ocho and several other attractions within a stone’s throw!
Best Homestay in Miami | Come stay with the Cool Kids
- Free Wi-Fi
- 2 Guests
- Private Bathroom
If you want an authentic experience of Florida, you might want to look beyond the apartments and condos of the city centre. If that sounds like you, check out this incredible Miami homestay! An old Spanish bungalow with an amazing garden, it’ll feel like a home away from home. You have access to the living room, kitchen, pool, garden, and there’s your own private bathroom too. If all this isn’t enough, you’ll be welcomed by a friendly yellow labrador!
Runner Up Homestay in Miami | Beautiful sunrise over the bay
- Private bathroom
- 2 Guests
- Your own balcony with awesome views
Not only is a Miami homestay an opportunity for a local experience, but a great way to keep costs down too. And with so many in the city, that’s why we couldn’t keep it at just one! You can’t put a value on the sunsets that you’ll see from your private balcony in this awesome apartment, but if you could it’d be a lot more than the reasonable price you’ll pay! This friendly family home is a hop, skip, and a jump from the coolest districts of Miami, and it’s not far from the beach either!
Amazing Luxury Airbnb in Miami | Awesome Apartment in Midtown
- Large Terrace
- 6 Guests
- Outdoor dining area
If you’ve got a big family gathering coming up and you’ve got a bit of cash to splash, then this Miami Airbnb is perfect for you. Not only does it have a huge living room with lovely sofas for lounging, but there’s a terrace with an outdoor dining area too. Enjoy the incredible views of the sunset from here as you have an evening meal prepared in the fully equipped kitchen. Then, head back inside for a movie. Or, if you’re a little more active, there’s a gym, pool, and mini-golf on site!
Over the Top Luxury Airbnb in Miami | Luxury Penthouse with bay views
- Jacuzzi and swimming pool
- 2 Guests
- Awesome bay views
We’re not sure if we were attracted to the oversized patio with views over Biscayne Bay, or the jacuzzi and swimming pool first. When you stay at this exclusive Miami Airbnb, we’re sure you’ll take full advantage of both though! There’s plenty of space with a mix of king and queen-sized beds for you and up to 6 of your nearest and dearest. The best thing is that if you split the cost with 6 other people, it ends up being affordable…ish!
Best Airbnb in Miami for Families | Beautiful Apartment in Wynwood
- Awesome location
- 6 Guests
- HDTV with Netflix
If your family are creative and artistic, you’ll love this space. You probably will if you’re not as well! It’s a colourful home away from home with a fully equipped kitchen and an awesome living room. After making a big meal, settle down to watch a movie or your favourite Netflix series on the HDTV. The apartment sleeps 6 comfortably, although you can fit in another at a squeeze!
Best Airbnb in Miami for a Group of Friends | Tropical getaway with maid service
- Full gym and hot tub
- 6 Guests
- Complimentary wine
Where do we start… this tropical getaway is one of the best apartments in Miami if you’re travelling with your mates. There are just so many extras and freebies, starting from the moment you walk through the door! You’ll be greeted with complimentary wine and snacks, and even a tour of the local area. That’ll help you get your bearings! After that, be a little braver and head out on one of six free bikes provided to you. At no extra cost! That price may seem a little steep at first, but remember you can split that with up to five friends!
Best Airbnb in Miami Beach | South Beach Oceanfront Suite
- Free valet parking space
- 2 Guests
- Gym and swimming pool
Miami Beach is one of the coolest areas in town, so we couldn’t talk about the best Airbnbs in Miami without including a couple of places here. This oceanfront suite has awesome views (as you might expect, being right on the ocean), and several facilities for you to take advantage of. Got your own transport? That free valet parking space is a bonus. And the gym and swimming pool mean you can keep up your workout routine! This cool apartment is one of the best short term rentals in Miami, as it offers stays of 30 days or more!
Another Great Apartment in Miami Beach | Amazing Apartment near the beach
- Great location
- 4 Guests
- Fully equipped kitchen
Since we’ve included an apartment with a 30 day rental in Miami Beach, we thought we’d better include a Miami Airbnb for those who are planning a shorter vacation too! Check out this amazing apartment. The key selling point is that it’s just a 1-minute walk to the beach – so you can roll out of bed and get down to those golden sands! As it’s also close to Miami Convention Centre, this is a great shout for business travellers!
Top Value Airbnb in South Beach | Central Apartment in South Beach
- Laptop-friendly workspace
- 2 Guests
- Free beach gear!
Last but not least, we’re going to show you somewhere from South Beach. Another popular area in Miami, South Beach is renowned for its nightlife. Not only is this close to that, but to the beach and the best restaurants too. A beach umbrella, towels, and two beach chairs are provided in the apartment which you’re welcome to use. Great news if you’re on a budget, as that’ll save you $40 a day!
What to Pack for your Miami Airbnb
Pack these things for a nicer stay in your Airbnb.
1. Active Roots Water Bottle: Keep your own water bottle on your travels to keep you hydrated all day long, and save the planet at the same time. Reusable bottles help the environment by cutting down plastic waste, which is even more difficult to avoid while traveling. The Active Roots Water Bottle is the perfect one for your next holiday. High-quality material, non-leaking and super chic looking, you can fill it up with any drink, and it’ll stay hot or cold all day long.
2. Bluetooth Speaker: A Bluetooth speaker guarantees a good mood with great background tunes when you need them. With one of these guys you’re also always prepared for a spontaneous mini-party! You can set the vibe for your holiday rental (while minding the neighbors). The speaker is waterproof, so it’s perfect for a day at the beach or around the pool too.
3. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: For your next holiday, you should get a hold of the Active Roots Microfiber Towel. Lightweight, super absorbent, incredibly soft and quick-drying, it’s definitely a better option than the normal Airbnb towel. Take it to the beach, use it as a picnic blanket or just leave it in the bathroom – the Active Roots Towel comes in handy in so many different situations. The material is antibacterial, meaning that even after using it, your towel will still smell fresh. Mmmmm…. Nice!
4. Packing Cubes: Packing your suitcase (and unpacking it and packing it all over again) can be an organizational challenge. Packing cubes help quite a ton with that struggle. Move them between your suitcase and your Airbnb wardrobe without really having to unpack and keeping your clothes in the same orientation the whole time – basically, less hassle, more organization and fewer wrinkles.
5. Travel Journal: This travel journal is a good option to write down what you’ve experienced and remember each day of your travels. It also comes in handy when organizing and planning activities. A travel journal is perfect to put down the little things you see and capture in writing all those inspiring thoughts you’ll have while roaming the planet!
6. Reusable Shopping Bags: It’s super easy to bring a reusable shopping bag with you on your next holiday, and a fantastic habit to get into! A lot of shops around the world are cutting down on plastic waste – Bali, for one, has banned the sale of plastic bags completely. Reusable shopping bags come in handy to carry groceries from A to B, but they’re also great for laundry or beach days – the options are endless.
Final Thoughts on Miami Airbnbs
So, that concludes our list of the best Airbnbs in Miami. We hope that our extensive list includes something that perfectly matches your budget, travel style, and taste. Not to mention the size of your group!
As you can see, there’s a huge variation when it comes to Miami Airbnbs. There are some awesome apartments just a stone’s throw from the beach, places to crash near all the most exciting nightlife, and cosy homestays where you can really get to know your hosts.
We’ve given you so much choice that it’d be perfectly reasonable for you to be overwhelmed and still not know what to say. But don’t worry! If that sounds like you, just take a moment and relax. Then, book our favourite Miami Airbnb – La Casita Azul. It effortlessly blends value, location, and character!
All that’s left now is for us to wish you an incredible vacation in Miami. Have a great time!
And don’t forget to take out Travel Insurance for your trip! I have been using World Nomads for some time now and made a few claims over the years. They’re easy to use, professional and relatively affordable. They may also let you buy or extend a policy once you’ve started your trip and are already abroad which is super handy.
If there’s one insurance company I trust, it’s World Nomads. To find out why I use World Nomads, check out my World Nomads Insurance review.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
“Find out how YOU can support the site. We work hard to put out the best backpacker resources on the web, for free! It’s all about helping out our tribe of awesome backpacker readers [that’s you!]. Please visit the link to find out how you can help keep the site going 🙂
For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse products or services that are not up to scratch. Thanks for your support.